Fans Must Support Club - Coventry Observer Article by @PorkyCovvy (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
AoltABDCQAA9JMl.jpg

Having read some of your post's over the years it's questionable that you wrote it!!!! :eek::D Good point, well presented in the limited space you had.

Moff

A well written article although there is one point I disagree with.

To say that if I am prepared to question SISU's commitment, then you are prepared to question mine is in my opinion a little harsh if that is the case.

Personally I question the commitment of an owner who have stated they may not be prepared to fund us next year, and have let us fall under another transfer embargo as accounts have not been filed due to the possible above reason.

kg82

Agreed. Said in a post last night that people have to put their issues of SISU behind them for now. The team needs every fan available and SISU are NOT the team.

SBS

Whilst I agree with many points in the article and I still attend as many games are possible, I think what has alienated many supporters from SISU is the constant lies we are told. It's unlikely that we are ever going to be in a position where our best players either want to stay instead of moving to a bigger club, or we can turn down vast amounts of money for players. Obviously it depends on who you believe, but it always seems to be SISU saying one thing and other parties (Council with the Ricoh, King's contract, Westwood wanting a new contract a year before we finally offered him one) saying another. Up until today, I think every Coventry fan believed we were under a transfer embargo and then Eastwood leaves on loan? I'm not saying we should've kept him, but as far as I was aware no-one could arrive or depart whilst this restriction was on our club? I don't want to know the ins and out of the business but as paying customers, loyal supporters and also the people who gave their shares to SISU for nothing, surely there needs to be some honesty?

Brighton Sky Blue

Brizzle have signed 3 loanees today, Pompey 2. We signed, and are capable of signing, none. Puts us at a nice disadvantage going into the run in.

Whilst I agree with many points in the article and I still attend as many games are possible, I think what has alienated many supporters from SISU is the constant lies we are told. It's unlikely that we are ever going to be in a position where our best players either want to stay instead of moving to a bigger club, or we can turn down vast amounts of money for players. Obviously it depends on who you believe, but it always seems to be SISU saying one thing and other parties (Council with the Ricoh, King's contract, Westwood wanting a new contract a year before we finally offered him one) saying another. Up until today, I think every Coventry fan believed we were under a transfer embargo and then Eastwood leaves on loan? I'm not saying we should've kept him, but as far as I was aware no-one could arrive or depart whilst this restriction was on our club? I don't want to know the ins and out of the business but as paying customers, loyal supporters and also the people who gave their shares to SISU for nothing, surely there needs to be some honesty?

We needed to shift Freddie off the wage bill no doubt. No doubt he was also costing us extra in food at ryton training ground.

Users who are viewing this thread