Fans Behind The Goal (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Considering people begged and cried for tickets behind the goal, you were utterly pathetic in getting an atmosphere going.
Why demand to be sat behind the goal with Man Utd fans, and not make any noise?
In the whole game a couple of half hearted PUSBs and In our Coventry Homes...

Don't let soft posts convince you that you made any noise today, it was silent in the city end for most of the second half. We tried to get songs going and got blanked or laughter at.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Considering people begged and cried for tickets behind the goal, you were utterly pathetic in getting an atmosphere going.

Don't let soft posts convince you that you made any noise today, it was silent in the city end for most of the second half. We tried to get songs going and got blanked or laughter at.
Seriously, why? What is the general point to your post? You can't get much enjoyment from life.

rob9872

I was looking down on the group bouncing around in the lower tier behind the goal from afar. It looked like a real party down there and I was regretting not being part of it, so tbh I'm shocked at the opening post. Admittedly I couldn't hear much but I assumed with all of the other noise and general atmosphere coupled with some acoustic issues to travel to the part I was in.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

You're always going to get problems getting songs going etc with 43,000 and say the usual 500 from singers corner being split up and spread out!

I think the fact we were hanging on in there created a nervy tense atmosphere which took people's minds away from singing and more holding their breath.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It was my first time at Wembley and I don't think it is a great stadium for getting an atmosphere going. i was sitting fairly close to the drummer and found it difficult over the general noise to pick up the chant to join in at times.

We got it going a few times though

ccfctommy

Where were you sat then?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Stop giving Earlsdon a bad name.

oucho

It's not surprising if many fans don't know the words to songs, as there would have been many fans there yesterday who don#t go to games from one year to the next. That said, I definitely didn't feel there was a lack of noise or atmosphere.

ccfc_ukr

yawn.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Had a great day and hope everyone else did too!

In context, I'm saying the atmopsphere wasn't great. Lots of people will be harping on about yesterday and 'remember the atmosphere' when really it was poor. Died a death after the first goal and there's no way I'm having rose-tinted the atmosphere was amazing.

Various people were buzzing that they had got seats in block 134, 135 and 136, and then they just stood/sat in silence - which is a waste of decent seats that myself and 3 other ST holders would have snapped their hand off for.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

It's not surprising if many fans don't know the words to songs, as there would have been many fans there yesterday who don#t go to games from one year to the next. That said, I definitely didn't feel there was a lack of noise or atmosphere.

Fairenough. From the shit seats we got, near the half way line, we could barely hear a thing from the city end. Maybe a couple of songs in the first half but that was it.

Bumberclart

Sounded great from the front row of the second tier.
Admittedly, it is hard to get large scale noise going due to the size of the place, but one of the stewards told me we were one of the noisiest crowds they had seen for a while.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Up in the Gods in 528, it was pretty loud. One thing I would say is that the Sky Blue Song always seemed to start behind and to the left of the goal, so it took until about the third line to reach us and get everyone singing, so I think there were only a couple of really powerful renditions (memorably just after the second goal). But did you see the tweet from the offal? "What a noise" they said.
The repetitive songs seemed to work better; "In our Coventry Homes" was just amazing on several occasions.

I think it's down to dispersal of the singers, but the distances and the speed of sound were to blame too!

D

Deleted member 4439

There's always a lull in the second half especially mid-way through a match. That said, acoustics don't seem great at Wembley, and the tannoy system is rubbish. Plenty of singing and noise along the top of the first tier on the right hand side of the goal but watching the match today I couldn't pick up any of this up - simply got lost in the noise.

Interesting to see the half way line divide opposite the prawn sandwich stand: city standing up throughout, oxford cucumber sandwiches sitting down throughout. Oxford's supporters' single moment came later on the in the second half when for 20 secs you could here them sing COYY.

CJ_covblaze

Welcome to Wembley

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Welcome to Wembley

CJ, like you, I go with England and know it's a hard place to go but I thought it was a real let down from the fans yesterday. For massive spells I couldn't see or hear anyone trying to sing. Frustrating as we were trying to and it was just like being in a Nunnery, would of loved to have been behind the goal and made the most of it.

Should have sold the tickets based on points on games attended. All the time wasters, families and Liverpool fans should have been in the side stands.

ccfc92

You're always going to get problems getting songs going etc with 43,000 and say the usual 500 from singers corner being split up and spread out!

I think the fact we were hanging on in there created a nervy tense atmosphere which took people's minds away from singing and more holding their breath.

This.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

CJ, like you, I go with England and know it's a hard place to go but I thought it was a real let down from the fans yesterday. For massive spells I couldn't see or hear anyone trying to sing. Frustrating as we were trying to and it was just like being in a Nunnery, would of loved to have been behind the goal and made the most of it.

Should have sold the tickets based on points on games attended. All the time wasters, families and Liverpool fans should have been in the side stands.

I think calling the fans a let down is wide of the mark, I thought in general everyone made an effort to create an atmosphere considering how hard that can be in Wembley. I really don't like these spread out souless bowl kinds, which is why I support a steep compact BPA (will never happen I know).

I agree with your other points regarding ticket allocations as I'm also a fan that has commuted a lot to the club generally, but was fairly up and out the way.

covmark

Why are you throwing families in with time wasters and Liverpool fans?
It was my 7 year old daughters first ever game and she didn't once stop shouting sky blue army.
Jump off that high horse pal.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Why are you throwing families in with time wasters and Liverpool fans?
It was my 7 year old daughters first ever game and she didn't once stop shouting sky blue army.
Jump off that high horse pal.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
No if Earlsdon loyal was there it would have been like the yellow wall. You shouldn't be allowed to try and give your daughter the sky blue bug.

Sbarcher

Thought it was a bit crap playing the "sky blue medley" at the end. Would have been far better to have no music so we could all belt out LAST instead of the muzak rubbish. Small point I know......

Users who are viewing this thread