Fans allowed in? - Updated! (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

2000 fans in attendance for indoor pro wrestling event in Osaka Japan this weekend (capacity 12k)

Slowly we making our way back to normality hopefully

better days

The big spikes in Bergamo in Italy and in Spain were as a result of the Atalanta vs Valencia game back in February. Yes, indoors creates greater risk but there are still risks with crowds in outdoor spaces.

Did a Champions League match spark Italy's coronavirus crisis?
Interesting article Mark
As at Cheltenham it mentions the bars and packed mixed zones as well as the crush on public transport
It seems that being outside is still less risky but transport, bars and close contact celebrating goals etc have all been part of the match day experience until now
If fans come back any time soon I guess there will have to be measures to address these issues
Mind you players aren't supposed to spit or embrace after goals but in recent games I notice that's gone out of the window
But the players are tested at least once a week and there have been no positives recently

covcity4life

watching wrestling is not getting back to normality.
giphy.gif

Magwitch

I think there’s a good chance football will kick off with spectators, restricted yes and probably no away fans at first and no refreshments. Then it’ll be down to fans behaviour not talking aggro but sticking to rules and football fans aren’t very good at sticking to the rules.

WillenhallSkyBlues

Goodwood horse racing festival at the end of the month is going to be letting in 5,000 people and it’s going to be seen as the governments test event. Hopefully if no rise in confirmed cases in the area a fortnight or so after the event should be a good argument to let football fans back in the doors in September.

chiefdave

Goodwood horse racing festival at the end of the month is going to be letting in 5,000 people and it’s going to be seen as the governments test event. Hopefully if no rise in confirmed cases in the area a fortnight or so after the event should be a good argument to let football fans back in the doors in September.
Someone in the government must really like horse racing, no lockdown until after Cheltenham and now letting people into Goodwood!

skybluesam66

our favourite paper, suggests 25% capacity at the start of the season - Suggests 7-8k

I would imagine priority would be
STH, Followed by Ricoh STH

Would not be much room after that once the posh seats are taken + Family and friends etc

Mcbean

I can’t see this as the stewarding costs will spiral and would need to be covered - would also have to be clever to reallocate season tickets in a bubble - yes the wife and I have the same name but other couples don’t - plenty to think on

Speedies_Chips

our favourite paper, suggests 25% capacity at the start of the season - Suggests 7-8k

I would imagine priority would be
STH, Followed by Ricoh STH

Would not be much room after that once the posh seats are taken + Family and friends etc
How about making the priority : St Andrews STH, Sixfields STH, Ricoh STH ? ;-)

Specs WT-R75

You joke but i know only people who go to watch because can have a beer at same time

In all seriousness there is more likely to be bars at Rugby games because they can take the beer out to the stands. I think if they tried that for football it wouldn't be long until some unsuspecting parent and child got covered in beer when we score...

better days

In all seriousness there is more likely to be bars at Rugby games because they can take the beer out to the stands. I think if they tried that for football it wouldn't be long until some unsuspecting parent and child got covered in beer when we score...
I suppose a possibility is mobile beer vendors like you get at gigs
It would cut down on crowds at the bar and people congregating in the same area

wingy

Or other?
Like at rock concerts.

CCFC54321

If the supporters don’t get back into the grounds the football pyramid will be considerably different come 21/22FY season as many of the clubs in league one and two will have gone under.

Barron

So looks like theres no away days next season... and huge competition over seats - being a suggested lucky dip to fill 20-30% of the stadium. Do we know if the club will prioritise season ticket holders or they getting shafted?...

source - fanbanter.co.uk/the-number-of-fans-who-could-be-let-into-efl-stadiums-next-season/

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Someone in the government must really like horse racing, no lockdown until after Cheltenham and now letting people into Goodwood!

Think who the horsey set are part of. Hardly difficult to work out how they'd be able to get direct influence in govt.

Skyblueweeman

I used to work at Goodwood racecourse many years back. Played golf their earlier in the week with a mate who is a member and he was saying Lord March had contacted all members to ask if they would make donations to the estate to help with impacted finances because of Covid. They didn't have Festival of Speed this year so they will have taken a big knock so I'm not surprised they're trying to get fans in so they get some revenue. They've then got the Revival meeting in September, again, which they'll want paying guests at.

ccfcricoh

Imagine the later start date will be voted for, so that leaves probably 2 weeks before fans can be in the ground based on October date!

Nick

Administrator
At least we can start making plans for season tickets, just need to know where we will be now.

iFollow should go on sale soon though as that doesn't matter where we are.

pastythegreat

Just seen this on twitter from the official Aberdeen account. Pretty sure thats around 40% of there capacity, so either at the Ricoh or St Andrews that would put us at around 12.5k?

Lets hope its not bollocks
If its the ricoh, amd the number is around 12k, I hope the club give current ST holders from the 19/20 season priority before they go on sale to the masses.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread