Fans allowed in? - Updated! (3 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

Just seen this on twitter from the official Aberdeen account. Pretty sure thats around 40% of there capacity, so either at the Ricoh or St Andrews that would put us at around 12.5k?

Lets hope its not bollocks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200701-202118_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200701-202118_Twitter.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 246

chiefdave

Just seen this on twitter from the official Aberdeen account. Pretty sure thats around 40% of there capacity, so either at the Ricoh or St Andrews that would put us at around 12.5k?

Lets hope its not bollocks
Wonder if there's actually anything to indicate that will be the case or they're just trying to shift tickets so they've got money in the bank.

Saddlebrains

Wonder if there's actually anything to indicate that will be the case or they're just trying to shift tickets so they've got money in the bank.

Thought this myself, no club in the uk has made any mention of it so far which is odd

chiefdave

Interesting comment from the Warwickshire cricket CEO regarding their season starting 1st August:
we still have hopes of accommodating members and supporters at some stage, we do expect at least the early weeks of the county season to be played behind closed doors
now to be fair I've been to county games where you could literally have a block per spectator but one day and T20 games are a different matter. Wishful thinking or have they been advised of something?

Covstu

I think with a degree of sense fans can return, it would have to be all ticket to map it out throughout the stadium, getting a beer might be an issue but people would just need to live with that for a few months. I think with a degree of common sense it could work but they would need a high volume of stewarding to police the idiots

Bugsy

Some cant even use the right door to go in the toilet let alone use common sense and social distance

Haha, we've all been there...PUSB

Nonleagueherewecome

Interesting comment from the Warwickshire cricket CEO regarding their season starting 1st August:

now to be fair I've been to county games where you could literally have a block per spectator but one day and T20 games are a different matter. Wishful thinking or have they been advised of something?

Saw that and thought the same thing-for an average County game, you could probably have a stand to yourself!

What I struggle with is that you only need to go into Satchwells in Leamington to see dozens of people crammed in with no social distancing whatsoever. It basically looks no different to a usual Saturday night in the pubs here, and I expect it's the same everywhere. For some reason the media have been going with the "everyone's being good, there's always distance, they don't mix and they stay briefly" line, which is blatantly not the case. So if that's "OK", why is attending a sports event not? A football match is less than 3 hours, which is the official advised maximum time to spend in the same pub. So what's the problem?

Irish Sky Blue

Saw that and thought the same thing-for an average County game, you could probably have a stand to yourself!

What I struggle with is that you only need to go into Satchwells in Leamington to see dozens of people crammed in with no social distancing whatsoever. It basically looks no different to a usual Saturday night in the pubs here, and I expect it's the same everywhere. For some reason the media have been going with the "everyone's being good, there's always distance, they don't mix and they stay briefly" line, which is blatantly not the case. So if that's "OK", why is attending a sports event not? A football match is less than 3 hours, which is the official advised maximum time to spend in the same pub. So what's the problem?
Plus it's outside and offers far more chance of social distancing, particularly with reduced capacity.

better days

I don't have inside info but all the medical studies so far show there is little evidence of transmission outdoors
Add in the illegal street parties and demos in the UK and rioting and looting in various locations in the US which haven't caused a spike (the media would be all over it if they had) I suspect conversations will be taking place about a limited return of spectators
Maybe indoor bars at grounds won't be open initially though
Now that everyone is obliged to wear masks on public transport that may help overcome that issue
We'll see soon enough - the October deadline for end of the furlough scheme might come into play if the numbers of new cases continue to decline by then

Johnnythespider

I think with a degree of sense fans can return, it would have to be all ticket to map it out throughout the stadium, getting a beer might be an issue but people would just need to live with that for a few months. I think with a degree of common sense it could work but they would need a high volume of stewarding to police the idiots
Bring your own beer, food.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I don't have inside info but all the medical studies so far show there is little evidence of transmission outdoors

Apart from the Cheltenham festival and the Phonics gigs.......

Of course being indoors will be worse as it's a more closed environment and so each breath just increases the viral load in the air whereas outdoors it can disperse easier but if you're somewhere where you in close proximity to others for a long period of time the chance of catching it will increase.

So I wouldn't say there is a lack of transmission outdoors, just it's less likely to be a severe case.

wingy

Of course being indoors will be worse as it's a more closed environment and so each breath just increases the viral load in the air whereas outdoors it can disperse easier but if you're somewhere where you in close proximity to others for a long period of time the chance of catching it will increase.

So I wouldn't say there is a lack of transmission outdoors, just it's less likely to be a severe case.
Didn't they have indoor interactions .
Motopoint is indoor?
Sounds like some of the Cheltenham spike was among staff, again there would have been indoor interactions , transportation etc

better days

Don't know if you've been to the Cheltenham festival SBD but most people spend most of the time inside, either in the packed bars or the hospitality venues
They are absolutely heaving and there are huge numbers in the communal toilets, perfect conditions for transmission of the virus
The only time there are big numbers outside are for the six or seven races
Don't know enough about the Phonics gigs, whether there were indoor bar areas etc?

better days

Watching French racing on Sky
They have started to allow spectators again
5000 maximum per meeting
Will be interesting to see how it works out

mark82

Don't know if you've been to the Cheltenham festival SBD but most people spend most of the time inside, either in the packed bars or the hospitality venues
They are absolutely heaving and there are huge numbers in the communal toilets, perfect conditions for transmission of the virus
The only time there are big numbers outside are for the six or seven races
Don't know enough about the Phonics gigs, whether there were indoor bar areas etc?

The big spikes in Bergamo in Italy and in Spain were as a result of the Atalanta vs Valencia game back in February. Yes, indoors creates greater risk but there are still risks with crowds in outdoor spaces.

Did a Champions League match spark Italy's coronavirus crisis?

Users who are viewing this thread