Fan that was banned has it overturned (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

I have been reading posts on CET. Not being a member could not reply, so putting my reply on here.
Someone said there was no statute for a police officer to have their "Numbers on show" when in uniform.
Firstly, well done to the guy who was evicted from the ground had the ban overturned. Imo, police and stewards were far too heavy handed that day when CCFC played Derby.

The following statement made after protests in London.

Speaking after the suspensions, Sir Paul Stephenson, the Met Commissioner, said it was 'unacceptable' for officers not to wear their identification numbers.
He said: "I have made it absolutely clear that it is absolutely unacceptable for any officer who should have identification numbers on not to have those identification numbers on.
"All uniformed officers should display their collar numbers and, as you would expect, I have taken action in the Met to enforce this."

Regardless of whether identification numbers should be worn, the correct manner to address this is not through a violent brawl. If his ban has indeed been lifted then it's a disgrace.

eamo63

was watching the video the cop came over and started the arguement then when he realised he was not going to win grabed him fair play to him i say they dropped the case quick enough when he was fighting it proves he was right they were to frightend to tell him why they dropped the case as well

Otis

Err, you sure you are in possession of the full facts there, DH?

Pretty sure that the argument started because the PC wouldn't give his badge number and when the fan kept asking for it the PC got aggressive and tried to remove him from the ground.

Then the 'brawl' happened.

hill83

Regardless of whether identification numbers should be worn, the correct manner to address this is not through a violent brawl. If his ban has indeed been lifted then it's a disgrace.

Completely disagree with you here mate. Don't get me wrong, I'm against violence. But this man was not violent. The footage is on youtube.

CUS Wyken

Why??? The whole saga started because

1) one officer was not wearing the number (Which by law they should)
2) The police were Heavy handed for no reason
3) the fella in question was originally arrested for drunk and disorderly then it materialised he didn't have a drink before the game so the police put another charge on him.

When fans see the police randomly picking on fellow fans what do you expect?

The fact the crown prosecution can't say why the case is dropped speaks volumes. They know there in the wrong.

How you can say the ban getting lifted is a disgrace??

Come on, he didn't care at all about the identification number. He was just being flippant and argumentative because he was being told to calm down and didn't like it.

hill83

Come on, he didn't care at all about the identification number. He was just being flippant and argumentative because he was being told to calm down and didn't like it.

You should take those solid facts back to the crown court and reopen the case then Columbo.

CUS Wyken

So were you near the 'confrontation' was ya? You know the full in's and out's do you?

The fact the officer didn't have his number has eluded you for some reason, its a breach against the rules of been in the force. I bet you agreed the homeless big issue fella killed by the police deserved it eh. The whole reason for an officer of the law to show his number is stop any wrong doing by the officer in question.

The fact the prosecution now won't explain there actions speaks volumes. I am amazed at your lack of understand how wrong the police were here and you blame the fan. beggars belief.

Last edited:

dadgad

"Told to calm down"
Oh my god! By your interpretation (DH) you can't get excited now at a football match.!!
What sort of stupidness is that?

Joy Division

The video on Youtube of this incident should be used in Police training exercises on how NOT to deal with football crowds. The chap in question could have been dealt with very easily, in fact the situation had already been defused and he had sat back down in his seat as he had been told to by the police officer who then proceeded to put him in a choke hold and eject him. Awful Policing.

You are of course all correct and I apologise. I may also be being slightly hypocritical as I myself recently received a ban. I was eating in McDonald's one time, when I became outspoken towards the owners. Being a patriotic bloke and a member of green peace, I started shouting about globalisation and the destruction of rainforests. Eventually a man in a clown costume came over and asked me to leave, however I pointed out that his name badge displayed 'Ronald' rather than his real name. A brawl ensued which resulted in the loss of my nuggets, fillet o fish and happy meal toy, and I was ultimately kicked out, banned for life and issued a court date. The judge found in favour of me though, stating that instead of 'Ronald' his real name badge of 'Bruce Smith' should have been worn, and my ban has now been lifted.

CUS Wyken

The video on Youtube of this incident should be used in Police training exercises on how NOT to deal with football crowds. The chap in question could have been dealt with very easily, in fact the situation had already been defused and he had sat back down in his seat as he had been told to by the police officer who then proceeded to put him in a choke hold and eject him. Awful Policing.

Exactly mate, how the police dealt with the situation was wrong in so many ways. I'm glad someone filmed it all because this happens often with the police at football matches.

hill83

You are of course all correct and I apologise. I may also be being slightly hypocritical as I myself recently received a ban. I was eating in McDonald's one time, when I became outspoken towards the owners. Being a patriotic bloke and a member of green peace, I started shouting about globalisation and the destruction of rainforests. Eventually a man in a clown costume came over and asked me to leave, however I pointed out that his name badge displayed 'Ronald' rather than his real name. A brawl ensued which resulted in the loss of my nuggets, fillet o fish and happy meal toy, and I was ultimately kicked out, banned for life and issued a court date. The judge found in favour of me though, stating that instead of 'Ronald' his real name badge of 'Bruce Smith' should have been worn, and my ban has now been lifted.

Slfdg.gif

Danceswithhorses

I happen to know this bloke, not massively well, but well enough to know he's a nice chap, good dad and a passionate cov fan...certainly no troublemaker.
The pc was pissed off because he'd f**ked up (no id) and it had been noticed by an observant supporter, so he used the power at his disposal to cause him alot of grief.

tippex9

Sadly this is how police & stewards treat fans up & down the country on match day. They think everyone in the ground is a potential 80's style hooligan, so tries to get stuck in early.

Home & away I've seen arrogant officers & stewards who make me feel like I'm one stray look away from being dragged out.

In this instance the guy was sitting down to watch the game and the officer decided to forcibly remove him. Without any thought for the reactions of the crowd who were already feeling harshly treated over the 'SISU' situation and the removal of banners. Effectively he put his colleagues in a dangerous situation, there was a young kid sitting directly behind too. Thoughtless arrogant policing. The likes of which is visible up and down the countries stadiums

covcity4life

hahaha:D:D:D:D

Ashdown1

Indeed the tensions were high due to the snatching of banners from fans and the attempt to stamp out what was peaceful protest. The police and orange brigade did nothing but antagonise fans in that corner and picked on a guy who was an easy target.

CUS Wyken

What a shockingly bad comparison. Although the bit about a clown and the police in the same thread is right.

RoboCCFC90

It was poor Policing and you cannot justify breaking the law in which this officer did, then using his position as a Police Officer to take one of our own forcibly out the ground was a disgrace.. I wasn't at that end of the ground, but the reaction those officers got what just reward IMO

dadgad

:D
Reckon you should sue.
Loss of dignity, meal and happy toy.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Disgraceful policing throughout....

....Although watching the cip again, it does make me laugh watching all the gobshites getting mouthy & indignant from the safety of 12 rows back.....:D

Sky Blue Kid

I think the first PC realised very quickly he was in the wrong.. So he told him sit down, it's then the "Numpty" stepped in.

hill83

The trouble afterwards was uncalled for, several people legged it down to the front to posture in front of the police, which was frankly embarrasing.

Edit: The post above is true though.

I know we dont know all the facts, but abuse to police officers shouldnt be tollerated. What sort of a message does this send to the kids? Attack officials and dont get banned? The justice system in this country is a joke

CUS Wyken

I know we dont know all the facts, but abuse to police officers shouldnt be tollerated. What sort of a message does this send to the kids? Attack officials and dont get banned? The justice system in this country is a joke

We do know the facts. The police used there powers to be bullies. The fella in question did sweet FA wrong. The police officer broke the law not showing his ID.

If the police believed they were in the right they would have appealed against the case been dropped. That is a FACT!!!!

If you give respect you earn respect. The police at football matches show fans no respect hence why they didn't receive any.

RoboCCFC90

That may not of happened if the Policing had not been so terrible, other fans noticed the monumental mistake they were making and came to Mr Wynn's aid, you can't exactly blame them for that.. I probably do the same in that situation, have to remember some people who have been going to the Football sit next to people they have known for years and they will get defensive.

Users who are viewing this thread