Family time... last time (1 Viewer)

luwalla

Thoughts on yesterday and the decision to go

Never went to sixfields as, rightly or wrongly, I perceived that move as being in our control and something we shouldn’t have done ... knowing what I know now I’m not sure if that was actually the situation many thought it was but it is what is.

This time is totally different to me, with no deal offered to us for the Ricoh, we had no choice but to play somewhere else if the club was to survive, and I guess standrews was the best solution. That said , something still felt a bit wrong about signing up for a season ticket and turning up for the first match felt strange too, but all that was pushed aside when the team walked out!

The reception from the , fairly decent, turnout of 6000 fans sounded brilliant & when my youngest son turned to me and said “thanks for getting the tickets dad, I wouldn’t want to have missed today for the world” swiftly followed up by “I’ve actually got goosebumps dad” then turned around and started singing the sky blues song aloud with the rest of those in attendance , I knew I’d done the right thing...

I hope we get back to Coventry soon I really do, even if it means doing a deal with wasps for a ground share , but until then I’ll continue to enjoy the quality family time & hopefully some quality football, in the knowledge that we as a club don’t really have any other choice

PUSB

Hobo

Agree with that post and pleased you had a positive experience as a family.

Unfortunately some families wont be able to go to Birmingham or not very often. Just like some elderly fans wont have their Saturday day out.

I feel this move is different to the Northampton move which I boycotted.

But it is still down to our owners to sort the situation out. My own preference would be for us to build our own ground. I honestly dont think they have any intent to do that. So worry our exile could be longer than Northampton.

Users who are viewing this thread