Falling out of love.... (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

With the disaster that is CCFC at the moment:
The never ending JR process
The continuous battle between hedge funds for our soul
The scandalous closing (probably) of a top Rate academy that nurtures local talent
The endless 'he said' 'you said' nonsense about everything but the football
The uncertainty about whether we will be playing at the Ricoh, the butts, Coventry, Warwickshire, or will we end up again at Northampton or become a franchise on the planet Zog

With all of this my appetite and love for football in general and Coventry city in particular are waning. I have renewed my season ticket but if I had left it a fortnight I probably wouldn't have. I'm not sure I care about any signing rumours...I'm more worried about whether they will have a club to play for. I don't care whether England win the euros or go out ignominiously after losing their first three games. I help train a youth football side but don't feel motivated to try new things with them.

I'm not here to lay the blame on any one party but rather to ask is there anyone else who now is at the point where the debacle at CCFC has worn them down?

I'm sure once the new season starts I will yet again be seduced by and become addicted to the CCFC drug but until then even the decorating and shopping with the wife are more inspiring than the football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I think while there's no football most get worn down. Come end of July / August I'll be exited again!

matesx

The scandalous closing (probably) of a top Rate academy that nurtures local talent
The uncertainty about whether we will be playing at the Ricoh, the butts, Coventry, Warwickshire, or will we end up again at Northampton or become a franchise on the planet Zog

With all of this my appetite and love for football in general and Coventry city in particular are waning. I have renewed my season ticket but if I had left it a fortnight I probably wouldn't have. I'm not sure I care about any signing rumours...I'm more worried about whether they will have a club to play for. I don't care whether England win the euros or go out ignominiously after losing their first three games. I help train a youth football side but don't feel motivated to try new things with them.

I'm not here to lay the blame on any one party but rather to ask is there anyone else who now is at the point where the debacle at CCFC has worn them down?

I'm sure once the new season starts I will yet again be seduced by and become addicted to the CCFC drug but until then even the decorating and shopping with the wife are more inspiring than the football.

well i don't know about you but that's cheered me up no end

clint van damme

Shouldn't your user name be lifeskyblue perhaps?

Senior Vick from Alicante

Same as ! The saying of "Grind the bastards down" comes to mind. The council, Higgs and Wasps are playing the long game with Sisu, they know they aren't as affluent as they make out hence the self sufficiency of the club line all the time. It works for them but until the inevitable happens it will continue to be the utter blind faith of the fans that keeps being chipped away until the support base is non existent. The big question for me is what then?

ajsccfc

A second season in Northampton would have killed me off, Steven Pressley's football almost did. All of this going on at the moment I can handle though, it's the same old bollocks I'm used to.

Covstu

same Otis but I must admit we are all being ground down at the moment. I just would like a future or at this point in time a bloody option!"!!

Otis

A second season in Northampton would have killed me off, Steven Pressley's football almost did. All of this going on at the moment I can handle though, it's the same old bollocks I'm used to.

Yep, same here. Announced for another season at Sixfields and that would have been it.

I think it would be madness to even consider going there again.

Steve.B50

I agree things are not great at present and like you I have no interest in the Euros but like many others if they do well I will start watching the odd game but been so used to being let down by the England team I find it hard to be motivated.
With regards to CCFC, firstly the Academy is not going to die and if we all stick together on this one we can save it.
Your comment about who said what is a major problem but we must keep an open mind and not be played by anyone.
Like you I am a little worried about the long term agreement at Ricoh but that's all to do with Court action and out of the hands of the real supporters. I think the BPA is a none goer so put that idea out of your head.

We are need a bit of a moan but as Nick said come August I know my mojo for the City will be well and truly back.

SkyBlueCharlie

After renewing my ST I started asking my friends whether they had done the same (it was just coming to the end of the early bird and as many of them, like me, are old farts with failing memories I didn't want to see them lose out) and gave up after the fourth said 'no'. The overriding comment was 'There's nothing there to support any more so why bother?' so I can see where the OP is coming from. The constant war of attrition between the various parties with the 'he said, they said, we said' rubbish conducted in the media following on from the Sixfields debacle has been the final nail in the coffin for many. Hopefully we will have another good season so that some if not many will return but if that doesn't happen and things go on as they are then it's difficult to see any light at the end on the tunnel apart from that of the oncoming express.

Esoterica

Think I'm more interested than I would normally be in the Euros purely as a distraction to all the current CCFC bullshit. Still, it'll get back to normal again soon. After all, it can't be long til we get the first thread on 'FFS every other club all the way down to Northern Premier League Division 2 has signed 4 players already and all we've done is renew the contracts on 2 academy 15 years olds. Should have sacked Mowbray in May when we had the chance. SISU OUT!'

Skyblueweeman

The only thing that's keeping me going is NI at the Euros. Once in a lifetime for me. The whole situation at Cov does get to me...I remember I used to hate Man Utd when I was younger because of their success and all my mates supporting them.

But that pales into insignificance with my hatred for everyone involved in this shitty saga. Our owners, the council and Wasps...I despise the lot of them.

It's just never ending at the moment.

Still, atleast Kyle Laffertys injury isn't as bad as first thought!

Good evening fellow Sky Bluers,

WM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

Fell out of love with the owners after the appointment of Aidy Boothroyd from about that point onwards.
Never will fall out of love with the club.
(That's nothing against Aidy Boothroyd)
It's just around the time that I started to realise we had owners who didn't realise the only way to have success off the pitch is via success on it.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Not to disheartened at the moment. The political BS has become par for the course the last few years.

I've got the distraction of the Isle of Man TT this week which has been awesome. European Championship starts at the weekend and being a son of two great countries (England and Northern Ireland) I have two teams to follow this time around and then it will be pretty much time for the season to kick off and once the football starts flowing all the political BS is a distant second for me.

SkyBlueZack

Fell out of love with the owners after the appointment of Aidy Boothroyd from about that point onwards.
Never will fall out of love with the club.
(That's nothing against Aidy Boothroyd)
It's just around the time that I started to realise we had owners who didn't realise the only way to have success off the pitch is via success on it.

Aidy Boothroyd had got Watford promoted. Initially also did well with City. Did play shit football though

SkyBlueZack

I just meant in relation to him being brought in. I suppose he was brought in as he had a CV on his promotion. The only problem was once teams found us out we didn't have an answer. How the FA want to play more technical football yet have employed him as a manager of the under 20's I believe, not sure how that works. Unless he has changed his style.

The Reverend Skyblue

I feel more passionate about the skyblues than I have in decades.
I will fight for my club to the end, this shitstorm with the council and Wasps gave stirred up emotions for my club that I thought I had lost.
I haven't had a season ticket for well over a decade mainly because I lived in France for ten years, and since I've been back living near Norwich I haven't been a regular at the Ricoh, but I will definately be buying a season ticket this season.
I'm just really emotional about what's happening at my club and my hatred of the council and wasps grows daily

Last edited:

dongonzalos

I just meant in relation to him being brought in. I suppose he was brought in as he had a CV on his promotion. The only problem was once teams found us out we didn't have an answer. How the FA want to play more technical football yet have employed him as a manager of the under 20's I believe, not sure how that works. Unless he has changed his style.

I was absolutely gob smacked to hear he had become in charge of the under 20's
Yes sorry I did understand him becoming manager I just fell out of love with our owners over everything that seemed to happen after that season.

ccfc1234

Love is a big word and one that is thrown around all to easily in today's world. I'm also gutted that Sisu are still our owners, especially when I see the stupid money being paid for clubs like Swansea that in reality have less potential than us. However I am all about solutions and self hate or self pity will not get us nearer where we need to be.
Life is about looking for the positives in a world that is overwhelming designed to make us feel negative.

Nick

Administrator
Love is a big word and one that is thrown around all to easily in today's world. I'm also gutted that Sisu are still our owners, especially when I see the stupid money being paid for clubs like Swansea that in reality have less potential than us. However I am all about solutions and self hate or self pity will not get us nearer where we need to be.
Life is about looking for the positives in a world that is overwhelming designed to make us feel negative.

How do Swansea have less potential than us?

mrtrench

How do Swansea have less potential than us?
I imagine because they are in the Premier League, having over-achieved in recent years against their history and the probability of them improving on that position is lower than the probability that they are in a worse position in 5 years. Our situation is the opposite, possibly.

hill83

I'll start worrying about it in a week or so when we are out of the euros.

Users who are viewing this thread