Fadz (1 Viewer)

rexo87

Don’t think he gets enough appreciation. Has been instrumental to our progress in the last 3 seasons. Think he was class in League one 19-20, good but made mistakes last season (We missed him when he didn’t play though).

But this season has been incredible and to think he turns 35 in Feb. Has played every minute of every game if I’m not mistaken?That block today and the way he marshalled Sharp throughout was fantastic. I love the guy masterstroke of a signing from Robins and the staff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Don’t think he gets enough appreciation. Has been instrumental to our progress in the last 3 seasons. Think he was class in League one 19-20, good but made mistakes last season (We missed him when he didn’t play though).

But this season has been incredible and to think he turns 35 in Feb. Has played every minute of every game if I’m not mistaken?That block today and the way he marshalled Sharp throughout was fantastic. I love the guy masterstroke of a signing from Robins and the staff

If we do go up I think the EPL would be a step too far,but I'd be happy to give him a go for a season.
Call me an old romantic but I think he'd deserve after all he's done for us

slowpoke

I think a lot of us thought at 34 he was perhaps a bit long in the tooth for another whole championship season well he’s certainly proved us wrong and was immense yesterday again. Possibly player of the season so far certainly the most consistent.

Covkid1968#

You're an old romantic.
Better than being a new romantic. Hated the way Duran Duran Spandau Balet with all their make up and frilly girly shirts brought an abrupt end to the domination of the music scene by 2 Tone. …. Although The Specials had self destructed by then. 😎

Sky Blue Pete

Better than being a new romantic. Hated the way Duran Duran Spandau Balet with all their make up and frilly girly shirts brought an abrupt end to the domination of the music scene by 2 Tone. …. Although The Specials had self destructed by then. 😎
It’s funny to me how Hyam can play a man onside and fadz can stop even though he has seen the player is onside.

Draw fair result but we should have lost in the last 10 mins. Godden would have finished one of the two chances mcgoldrick wasted. Had that happened we would have blamed Hyam for losing us the game and robins for the changes he made

I still can’t understand why he did exactly the same as at qpr with the same outcome. All be it qpr scored their chances Sheffield didn’t

Liquid Gold

Long may this Indian summer of his career last.

I think being in the middle of a three helps him immensely as he doesn't have to rely on pace so much. As soon as we settled on that system he came good for us and hasn't looked back since.

Going to be a huge job to replace him when the time comes. On this form though he's well on his way to earning another year.

slowpoke

You are correct as against QPR we made the same two changes but hardly ever got the ball forward to them managed to get the 0-0 though so that’s a plus

fatso

He's been fantastic, playing on the middle of a back 3 suits him as he rarely gets exposed for pace, and he doesn't have to wonder out of position.
It's given him another couple of years playing and the younger players will benefit from having him around.

fernandopartridge

Long may this Indian summer of his career last.

I think being in the middle of a three helps him immensely as he doesn't have to rely on pace so much. As soon as we settled on that system he came good for us and hasn't looked back since.

Going to be a huge job to replace him when the time comes. On this form though he's well on his way to earning another year.
The other thing that might be a benefit to him is that he was never fast so he's not necessarily having to change his own game too much to account for reduced pace.

slowpoke

The other thing that might be a benefit to him is that he was never fast so he's not necessarily having to change his own game too much to account for reduced pace.
John Terry played at top level well into his thirties and was never pacey had the players round him to do that.

Mcbean

Was very impressive yesterday not only with his play but organising the team for each situation in our half - perfect Captains performance !

Seymour_East

Don't underestimate how quick he has developed an understanding with Moore too (another great signing).
Creates a solid back line.

Esoterica

I love him for that mix of old school warrior, modern centre back and slightly melted face. Could never have the same affinity with 'nice' defenders like Rose or Hyam. With better players in midfield now than Kelly he is probably first name on the teamsheet.

I still feel he is guilty of allowing the backline too deep in games like yesterday when we come under pressure - as captain, the experienced defender and the middle of the 3 I feel it should be his responsibility to get us up the pitch another 10 yards so that the midfield are closer to the strikers, but that's being hypercritical and his other attributes far outweigh that.

steve101

Pace was never an asset, which probably allows him to play on for longer as he always has had to use his strength and know-how.

Grendel

For me he was joint MOTM yesterday along with Moore

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Moore made one great reflex save but that’s his one real contribution wasn’t it?

Hertsccfc

Moore made one great reflex save but that’s his one real contribution wasn’t it?
His handling was excellent all game. I don't think that we would have kept a clean if some of our other recent keepers had been playing instead. It's noticeable how the defence have confidence in him.

CovBrummie94

His ability to come out and claim the ball through traffic is something we haven’t had for years. I think it was Rose that he took out to claim a high ball when our backs were against the wall. It’s bread and butter stuff for a professional GK but something we didn’t have with Burge, Wilson, Marosi etc

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Don’t like Duran Duran or the others of the genre but hats off to them, it’s embarrassing that the only music this great city is known for is 2 Tone

Covkid1968#

Don’t like Duran Duran or the others of the genre but hats off to them, it’s embarrassing that the only music this great city is known for is 2 Tone
What….. surely you’ve overlooked the masters of pop. King!!!!

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

He’s been a lot better this season and generally solid. You still think when’s the mistake coming with him though. Last season it felt like he cost us a lot of points giving away penalties and general sloppiness.

Not a romantic type, if we got Promoted terminate McFadzeans contract immediately. If we’re still in the championship, give him another year.

lordy_87

Doesn't that make it all the more impressive considering how little he had to deal with all game? Maintaining concentration like that is not easy.

Grendel

Doesn't that make it all the more impressive considering how little he had to deal with all game? Maintaining concentration like that is not easy.

So when Walker scored as a sub he should get a 9?

Grendel

He’s been a lot better this season and generally solid. You still think when’s the mistake coming with him though. Last season it felt like he cost us a lot of points giving away penalties and general sloppiness.

Not a romantic type, if we got Promoted terminate McFadzeans contract immediately. If we’re still in the championship, give him another year.

Rubbish

lordy_87

So when Walker scored as a sub he should get a 9?
Maybe, it depends on how long he's given how else he's impacted the game. Moore didn't put a foot a foot wrong yesterday so would be deserving of a high score out of 10 if that's what you're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread