Facebook (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I joined Facebook 11 years ago so that I could keep in touch with kids, grandkids, siblings, old friends etc. Recently, I've had so much shit from that site - kids falling out with me for no real reason, no contact from so-called friends, even after leaving messages. Today I decided to close my account and fuck off to the lot of 'em. Feel better for it. Can't be arsed with offspring that treat me like shite. Personally, I don't care if I never see them again! They're all so far up their own arses, it's as if I don't exist. Anyone else ever felt like this?

Evo1883

I joined Facebook 11 years ago so that I could keep in touch with kids, grandkids, siblings, old friends etc. Recently, I've had so much shit from that site - kids falling out with me for no real reason, no contact from so-called friends, even after leaving messages. Today I decided to close my account and fuck off to the lot of 'em. Feel better for it. Can't be arsed with offspring that treat me like shite. Personally, I don't care if I never see them again! They're all so far up their own arses, it's as if I don't exist. Anyone else ever felt like this?

I permanently deleted my account and my mental health has improved since... Social media is extremely toxic in my opinion, yes I know this site is classed as social media but I'm referring to the big giant companies like Facebook, twitter etc... Just completely toxic environments

Covkid1968#

Yeah a bit... eldest son takes the piss. Lives in Manchester and only hear from him when he wants something.... but I accepted some time ago that’s his way and just let him know I’m here if the wheels come off. But I do have moments where I could quite easily tell him to feck off

Bugsy

I'm with u guys had it but decided to delete it 2months ago as it was ruining my metal health. It's all aload of bollocks and it's all for persona and fake ass people, what tipped it for me thou was the ludicrous opinions of people who are really thick as fuck.

Last edited:

Otis

Not really. I don't know your kids.

I gave up on FB quite a while back. It's full of backstabbing, gossip and tittle-tattle. And that's just the good bits.

Philosorapter

I chucked away FB a few years back. I keep an account open for messenger but lock out the tracking system on websites as much as is possible.

I do have a Twitter account but rarely post to it unless if it is to berate someone who throughly deserves it.

Privacy is still an issue with social media.

----

This guy cracks me up. It is so bad but essential viewing.

I do hope they have taken some of those slabs and place them around Hertford St to make decent walk areas.

The surface looked like it was something straight out of the recycling centre on London Rd.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Dumped mine years ago and don’t miss it in the slightest. Unless you want to work out you dislike someone you’ve known for years it doesn’t seem to serve any other purpose in life as far as I can tell.

Tommo1993

My sole purpose on there was to wind people up on that fans forum. Even that got boring. Facebook is the pits of all social media. Got rid of it for a couple years now

skyblue1991

Gave up Facebook a year ago. Never looked back!

If people want to contact me I still have FB messenger but otherwise call/text/WhatsApp me

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Only joined Facebook couple years ago but made sure I not linked to family. I really don’t want to know what my daughters don’t want me to know (they are 26-34). We have a family WhatsApp go for pictures /news/ family events...and one or more of them phone on a daily basis.
On Facebook I look at my allotment site, a couple of bands, and an ancestry...but frequently don’t look at it from one week to the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Signed up years a go but never went any further than that and never used it.
One of my rare good decisions.

Travs

I use it primarily as a way for keeping updated with news for my branch of running.... photos/results/etc.... has been particularly useful during the past few months when there have been many cancellations and rearrangements.

However in terms of keeping up with friends, etc... as someone mentioned above, it's basically a sure-fire way of finding out you actually dislike people that you may have known for quite a while. I think i have about 220 "friends" a combination of old school-mates, football, kickboxing, running, and other people... I think all but about 50 of them are "unfollowed" so i don't have to read their inane bullshit...

Ian1779

I’ve never used it, the wife has it though. When I occasionally have a glance with her all I see is work colleagues posting things to show they do all these things with their kids....

How about just enjoy the time with them without turning it into some kind of competition to see who’s the best parent.

Macca1987

Never entertained having it, don't feel as if I've ever missed out on anything, seen the kids and the wife sit there for hours on end reading drivel, close contacts are through WhatsApp or text, nothing else

Users who are viewing this thread