Match Thread FA Youth Cup v Southampton (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Worried that Bapaga is just on the bench all the time and not playing any football. Can’t be good for a youngster at this stage.

johnwillomagic

Maybe can play Bapaga in that one and put Kasta on bench instead?
Let's face it neither likely to get on given MR actions in the past and Bapaga would give the u-18's a huge boost for this game.

If he doesn't play fear the worst been a struggle for both u-18 & u-23 sides this year! 😬😱

SBchimp

today’s team

#CCFC XI: Fallows, Harland, Reeve, Burroughs, McGrath, Purves, Bapaga, Nee, Nightingale, Finnegan

Subs: Massey, Costa, Bell, Hewitt, Rodber, Forsyth, Evans-Harriott. #PUSB

Live feed from St Mary’s now streaming

HerneBayGaz

today’s team

#CCFC XI: Fallows, Harland, Reeve, Burroughs, McGrath, Purves, Bapaga, Nee, Nightingale, Finnegan

Subs: Massey, Costa, Bell, Hewitt, Rodber, Forsyth, Evans-Harriott. #PUSB

Live feed from St Mary’s now streaming

stevefloyd

Forgot about this being streamed I was going to watch the highlights but can't imagine much high in the lights

mark82

Been 20 years since the last time we made the final. Despite the relative successes of the academy it's still nowhere near what it once was.

Joy Division

I'd say it's more successful now than it was then in terms of players produced that have made a career in the game. I don't think many from the last youth final we were in went on to do that well

SBchimp

It’s a long way from a level playing field nowadays. Look at recent winners and it’s a direct correlation to money invested. Some of these cat 1 academies spend more on players than our first team.
I don’t think you will ever see a cat2 winner again.

Recently Chelsea won it 5 years on the bounce, 3 consecutive finals being against Man City, last year Man City beat Chelsea.

Magwitch

I'd say it's more successful now than it was then in terms of players produced that have made a career in the game. I don't think many from the last youth final we were in went on to do that well
Last year ccfc were ninth in a table of teams who have produced the most professional players playing currently obviously not all prem players, but that’s a decent record

stevefloyd

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread