Extra Sensory Perception ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Has anybody thought of somebody or something out of the blue,and they've appeared even though you haven't seen them for ages ? I get this all the time for some reason, and have even gone to turn on the radio and named the record that will be on next on many occasions.
At the weekend I had a strong feeling I'd bump into an old mate,even though I hadn't seen him for two years. And lo and behold I did.
I told a few people about this and they all said it's just coincidence, but whatever it is I find it interesting.

Otis

Has anybody thought of somebody or something out of the blue,and they've appeared even though you haven't seen them for ages ? I get this all the time for some reason, and have even gone to turn on the radio and named the record that will be on next on many occasions.
At the weekend I had a strong feeling I'd bump into an old mate,even though I hadn't seen him for two years. And lo and behold I did.
I told a few people about this and they all said it's just coincidence, but whatever it is I find it interesting.
Yeah, had the same thing.

Just out of interest, what lottery numbers have you chosen for tomorrow night?

Last edited:

olderskyblue

My other half does this. She mentions that we haven't heard from so and so for ages, and the next minute, the phone rings and its him/her

pastythegreat

3 days ago, I got an amazon alexa thingy for Xmas, the kids love shouting commands at it but it annoys the bloody life out of me. Anyway, my daughter had asked alexa to play Disney songs, it played the circle of life (lion king) at the exact same moment the missus saw a post on her FB feed telling her it was 20years since the release of lion king.

Also same as you bbr, hadn't seen a mate in a few years and had to pop into town. I NEVER go into town. From the minute I got into my car and left for town I just knew I'd see this lad and I did! Gut feeling.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Many years ago in fact in the 70's I got on a bus early one morning to go to work on a building site in the city centre from Walsgrave. Nothing odd about that but the night before I dreamt I was on the bus and saw an old primary school classmate, who I hadn't seen for years.
Anyway I went upstairs and sat down and stared out of the window minding my own business. A bloke opposite me kept looking over and then asked me did I go to Walsgrave Primary school ? Discovered he remembered me,and he was living in London and was only back for his brothers funeral. I never saw or heard of him again. That has stayed in my mind since !

wingy

Many years ago in fact in the 70's I got on a bus early one morning to go to work on a building site in the city centre from Walsgrave. Nothing odd about that but the night before I dreamt I was on the bus and saw an old primary school classmate, who I hadn't seen for years.
Anyway I went upstairs and sat down and stared out of the window minding my own business. A bloke opposite me kept looking over and then asked me did I go to Walsgrave Primary school ? Discovered he remembered me,and he was living in London and was only back for his brothers funeral. I never saw or heard of him again. That has stayed in my mind since !
You should dream of Dale Evans and all the pointless threads about him BBR.
Sounds like you indeed do posess ESP.
You could have been in the Persuaders.B-)

Nick

Administrator
Well it will be until you depress the clutch and put it In gear. B-)
giphy.gif

olderskyblue

I see dead people. Just walking around Bell Green !

I knew someone who did too. well, almost. He used to tell people in Bell green they would be dead if they f***ing stared at him again...

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I used to get this years ago - probably back in the 80's - when there was only a handful of channels on TV. I would be thinking about a clip from a film - absolutely any film - and within a day or two, it was on TV. I swear I never read any TV mags or saw in advance what was coming on. I even mentioned it to a "psychic" friend of mine and she said it was just me picking up messages from someone who may have worked in TV and had "passed away". This went on for at least 3 or 4 years. Hasn't happened for years though. Spooky! :woot:

Houchens Head

I knew someone who did too. well, almost. He used to tell people in Bell green they would be dead if they f***ing stared at him again...
That wasn't a bloke called "Sonny" was it? He was a mate of mine, but he was evil on legs!

wingy

Had it a few days ago, was singing a song walking to the car and got in and started it up and it was at pretty much the same place.
Was it drum and base? :$ B-)
I've had plenty of dreams meeting Selma Hayek, Penelope Cruz and the like..
Never shown. :$

shmmeee

Survivorship bias.

You don’t remember all the times you were whistling and the song didn’t come on, or you thought of your mate and he didn’t call. So you give undue weight to those times where it does happen.

olderskyblue

That wasn't a bloke called "Sonny" was it? He was a mate of mine, but he was evil on legs!

No, it was one of a bunch of brothers that drank in the livey. It was the one that always looked mean as f*** (and he was that mean too) You must have known him

He said it to me once as I was walking through Bell Green. :emoji_open_mouth:

Houchens Head

No, it was one of a bunch of brothers that drank in the livey. It was the one that always looked mean as f*** (and he was that mean too) You must have known him

He said it to me once as I was walking through Bell Green. :emoji_open_mouth:
This "Sonny" bloke used to be a champion kick-boxer and he used that to his advantage. He was also a good mechanic and loan-shark. As he was a good mate of mine (he was in my footie team), I asked him once if he could take a look at my motor as it was playing up. I was on the dole at the time but my giro was due in a couple of days. He said okay, but he wanted paying the day my giro should arrive. He was only asking £15. Anyway, as bad luck would have it, my giro was late (2nd post in those days) and within half an hour of the post being delivered, he phoned me up. "Where's my fuckin' money??!" I explained the post was late and I'd be round that afternoon. "You'd better be, or it goes up to fifty quid and I'll come round and have a word with you!"
Needless to say, I made sure he got his £15 that afternoon!

Houchens Head

Just going on from my last post, I still bear an injury I received from Sonny. I was a goal-keeper for our team and Sonny was our central defender. In the warm up before the match, Sonny said to me, "Stop this one!", and took the most almighty kick at the ball. I stopped it, amazingly, and felt my glove feel loose on my hand - or so I thought. The little finger of my glove was bending back and I assumed it had come loose. When I went to sort it out, I discovered my little finger had also been bent back! He had dislocated my finger with that powerful practice shot! I had it straightened out at Cov & Warwick Hospital, but it still looks cock-eyed today, about 28 years later!
(Not my finger in the picture, but this is how it looked!)
maxresdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread