Expected position to where we are. (1 Viewer)

Chip Batch

Right, this might have been done already, I haven’t trawled through to look. And a weird time to do it as we’re not half way yet, but here we go.

What did you hope and want / expect for us to finish at the end of this season? Also marks out of 10 for the season so far.

Me: expected a relegation battle but to survive. Wanted 4th from bottom or above.

Hoped: mid table

season so far: 9/10. great football to watch, Gyok’s improvement and scoring, late winners, team spirit, improved fitness, less individual mistakes, actually enjoying going to games again and looking forward to it. Mark knocked off for away form.

CCFCBat

Expected - Mid table. Hoped between playoff and mid table

Season so far 9/10. Yes there are issues with away form but I did not expect good football and good games.

Where we are now and the fact we are punching above our weight, I expect inconsistent performances. In my opinion the signings we’ve had don’t make us into a playoff chasing team. And therefore losing games doesn’t make me lose my mind, although the manner of the defeat last night is concerning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

I thought we would be lower midtable before the season kicked, but now we are where we are, my expectations are to push for a play off place. Given the start we have had, that has to be the aspiration and if we sort out our away form play offs are more than achievable if we have some luck with injuries.

We have to have high expectations, this may be our best chance of promotion, look at Barnsley. We will struggle to keep hold of gyokeres, o'hare and hamer next season, so we need to go for it now.

From where we are now anything but a top half finish will be a disappointment.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Perryccfc

My pre season expectation was around 14th. I think we will finish around 11th now.

10/10 for the start, more than any of us would have dreamed of. Yes there’s issues, but not half as many as we all probably anticipated.

Grendel

I thought we would be lower midtable before the season kicked, but now we are where we are, my expectations are to push for a play off place. Given the start we have had, that has to be the aspiration and if we sort out our away form play offs are more than achievable if we have some luck with injuries.

We have to have high expectations, this may be our best chance of promotion, look at Barnsley. We will struggle to keep hold of gyokeres, o'hare and hamer next season, so we need to go for it now.

From where we are now anything but a top half finish will be a disappointment.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

This is it.

The league has levelled out post COVID - most of the high "budgets" in reality are in players tied up in long term contracts - Cardiff and Birmingham will have bigger wage bills but less value in the squad

People cannot on the one hand claim we have the best RWB in the league, a premier league player in waiting like Hamer, O Hare and a striker whose second top scorer in the division and then hide behind it

We saw with the Mowbray season it can go wrong. Badly wrong and the same could happen again

We need to set sights on promotion

CDK

Expected 14th,ecstatic at the moment homewise brilliant and can't go on ,away the opposite dire.

AOM

Was expecting a harder season than last and thought we'd be in a relegation scrap, but ultimately would survive again.

From right now, I expect our away form to improve over the season, but not keep up the home form. Probably finish 8th/9th

skybluesam66

so 73 points = play offs
we need another 50 points from 33 games

14 wins 8 draws 11 defeats

That is still very possible

10th - 12th is around the 63 points mark

10 wins 10 draws 13 defeats - I think that would be a failure from where we are

I would therefore expect us to finish around 8th but hopeful of 6th

lordy_87

Have to be aiming for top 6 after our start. This league is not all that.

We are capable of achieving top 6, we have already showed that.

Away form needs addressing. The poor form away puts more pressure on us to do well at home but we will not win every home game and that is a fact. If we can turn our poor away form in to at least average away form I'm confident we will finish top 6 as then we can afford let home form slip a little and still finish high.

Users who are viewing this thread