Expectations (1 Viewer)

jagman

Now we have signed our first new player and expecting maybe three or four more to sign,what are your expectations for next season ? Personally i think a top ten place is realistic and should be attainable. Coupled with a decent cup run like we had this year i would say that would be a sucessful season. :cool:

Nick

Administrator
I dont want us to do a Derby and go up then get hammered and come down.

I would much prefer us to get a top ten place next season, build up a strong squad and then go up the season after when we would have a chance to stay up.

Obviously the parachute payments are nice but I would prefer us to be solid.

jagman

Totally agree with you Nick the last thing we want to be is a yo-yo club. Let us get promoted from a position of strength so we can stay and compete.

Peter Griffin

The hardest thing is going up and staying there. If you can do two seasons then you've got a good chance. The hard part is making sure you invest in the right players to stay there. Derby didn't deserve to stay up, it was rediculous to expect to stay in that division without giving Davies anything to spend last summer.

jagman

Aldershot in the first round of the Carling cup...is it the start of an epic cup run ? ;) Great expectations.

Dan

I’d like to see us in the Play Offs. Obviously I would love it if we were to get promoted, but like you say I would hate us to do a Derby… That’s just embarrassing! Play Offs this year to show intent, and if we don’t get promoted, automatic promotion next year! I would settle for that. :p

Peter Griffin

I’d like to see us in the Play Offs. Obviously I would love it if we were to get promoted, but like you say I would hate us to do a Derby… That’s just embarrassing! Play Offs this year to show intent, and if we don’t get promoted, automatic promotion next year! I would settle for that. :p

That's the sort of season I'd love City to have. After so long the club finally seems to have direction off the pitch, lets hope we can see the same on the pitch.

Dan

Well according to the bookies we’re 18th favourite to go up… I think there underestimating us a little… I would have thought somewhere between 10th-14th.

Users who are viewing this thread