Exeter Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Just got in after a three hour 180 mile journey. Managed to calm myself down after a decent but disappointing performance (Draw would have been fair result they didn’t deserve to win).

After a shaky first 15/20 , they maybe should have been 2 nil up due to defensive miscommunications blunders. We totally dominated the game after this as the stats prove , chance after chance decent forays into their penalty area but a bit toothless upfront they hardly got out their half as they just decided very early to sit on a lead. Two culprits today I’m afraid.

Burge 3- Atrocious kicker looks a liability every time ball is passed back to him. Cannot kick and just general distribution very poor slow and laboured. Defence must take some responsibilty why did they pass to him on countless occasions when’s it clear penalty area was bobbly. He’s not confident in commanding his area. Time for rest. One blunder too many I’m afraid .Over to you LOB.
Apart from self made errors he hardly had a save to make. Oppo keeper was MOTM.

Grimmer 6 - was decent defensively gets a 6 for a very good challenge on their striker when he was clean through. Again a poor game by his recent standards gave ball away too much and poor crosses when in decent area.

Willis 6 - Typical performance. Nothing spectacular dealt with most things.
Davies 6 - Decent but again at fault on one occasion with miscommunication with Burge.

Stokes 5 - His worst performance easily since he come back in. Bad miscommunication with Burge on couple of occasions. Final ball into penalty area when in decent positions again very poor.

Bayliss 7- Can’t fault the lad. Did ok. Wasn’t his best performance either.

Doyle 5 - Very poor again showed his limitations when opposition are defending by slowing things down in attack. Ironically it was his big mistake from which e lost the ball in a good position free kick in their half tries to take it quickly goes out of play was poor.

Shipley - 6 , Did ok but again final ball was poor.

JMD - 6 Did some good work at times getting past their full backs but again when hard work was done final ball!! Was let down on countless times. Very frustrating.

McNulty 7 - looked very dangerous and looked hungry etc but again tried his best on scraps he was fed almost scored on a couple of occasions but for good saves from opposition keeper. Set up Biamou I think for a sitter.

Biamou 4 - I have been one of his biggest backers. But I’m afraid it’s time for a rest son. Missed a chance that was just begging to be smashed into the net. Half hearted effort meal side foot with no aim which is unforgivable. For all his other attributes. It’s now criminal that this guy is in the team ahead of JP.
JP I’m afraid would have scored at least 5 goals by now that Biamou has missed over the weeks.

JP - 7 Did well tactics didn’t help as the defenders still tried to hoof it up pitch thinking Biamou is still on.
Almost scored a great goal which took a slight deflection and hit cross bar.
This lad needs to play now.

Barrett - not on long enough to take a look at.

Stevenson - N/a

On another day with a competent keeper (doesn’t need to be great) and a competent striker we would have won this game 9 times out of 10.

We dominated possession, had 10 shots on target and 20 shots in total, 9 corners to their 3 , their keeper had a good day but with. Overall I’m not disappointed with general stuff in the middle of pitch but we badly need an injection up front I’m sorry Max step aside.

ccfcway

Defence wasn't great, but Davies deserves a score at least.

Burge mistake was dreadful, Stokes and Grimmer were poor, crossing wasn't great at all.

Midfield was very quiet, little width and McNulty was the only threat up top.

Apart from that, it was ok

Cov kid 55

Just got in after a three hour 180 mile journey. Managed to calm myself down after a decent but disappointing performance (Draw would have been fair result they didn’t deserve to win).

After a shaky first 15/20 , they maybe should have been 2 nil up due to defensive miscommunications blunders. We totally dominated the game after this as the stats prove , chance after chance decent forays into their penalty area but a bit toothless upfront they hardly got out their half as they just decided very early to sit on a lead. Two culprits today I’m afraid.

Burge 3- Atrocious kicker looks a liability every time ball is passed back to him. Cannot kick and just general distribution very poor slow and laboured. Defence must take some responsibilty why did they pass to him on countless occasions when’s it clear penalty area was bobbly. He’s not confident in commanding his area. Time for rest. One blunder too many I’m afraid .Over to you LOB.
Apart from self made errors he hardly had a save to make. Oppo keeper was MOTM.

Grimmer 6 - was decent defensively gets a 6 for a very good challenge on their striker when he was clean through. Again a poor game by his recent standards gave ball away too much and poor crosses when in decent area.

Willis 6 - Typical performance. Nothing spectacular dealt with most things.
Davies 6 - Decent but again at fault on one occasion with miscommunication with Burge.

Stokes 5 - His worst performance easily since he come back in. Bad miscommunication with Burge on couple of occasions. Final ball into penalty area when in decent positions again very poor.

Bayliss 7- Can’t fault the lad. Did ok. Wasn’t his best performance either.

Doyle 5 - Very poor again showed his limitations when opposition are defending by slowing things down in attack. Ironically it was his big mistake from which e lost the ball in a good position free kick in their half tries to take it quickly goes out of play was poor.

Shipley - 6 , Did ok but again final ball was poor.

JMD - 6 Did some good work at times getting past their full backs but again when hard work was done final ball!! Was let down on countless times. Very frustrating.

McNulty 7 - looked very dangerous and looked hungry etc but again tried his best on scraps he was fed almost scored on a couple of occasions but for good saves from opposition keeper. Set up Biamou I think for a sitter.

Biamou 4 - I have been one of his biggest backers. But I’m afraid it’s time for a rest son. Missed a chance that was just begging to be smashed into the net. Half hearted effort meal side foot with no aim which is unforgivable. For all his other attributes. It’s now criminal that this guy is in the team ahead of JP.
JP I’m afraid would have scored at least 5 goals by now that Biamou has missed over the weeks.

JP - 7 Did well tactics didn’t help as the defenders still tried to hoof it up pitch thinking Biamou is still on.
Almost scored a great goal which took a slight deflection and hit cross bar.
This lad needs to play now.

Barrett - not on long enough to take a look at.

Stevenson - N/a

On another day with a competent keeper (doesn’t need to be great) and a competent striker we would have won this game 9 times out of 10.

We dominated possession, had 10 shots on target and 20 shots in total, 9 corners to their 3 , their keeper had a good day but with. Overall I’m not disappointed with general stuff in the middle of pitch but we badly need an injection up front I’m sorry Max step aside.
Thanks for the comprehensive feedback, it sounds like another frustrating afternoon, the stats appear to show that we dominated the game but couldn’t score again. Oh, well, we go again next week, but this season is turning out to be, and will remain, a bare knuckle ride.

eastwoodsdustman

Main issue was that the back 4 lost all confidence in passing back to Burge who spooned nearly every kick from open play. He also very nearly got caught in possession 3 times. This put us on the back foot every time we had the ball in defence.

Users who are viewing this thread