Evatt - Murphy bit my nose (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!

CUS Wyken

I used to like Evatt. Wyken lad, down to earth but after Tuesday he's gone down in my estimation. Celebrating a goal and a win like they'd won the cup! Fist pumping etc... Supposed to be a city fan.... Wrong move in my eyes

bamalamafizzfazz

I knew Ian Evatt from school. He was good mates with my brother and he was never a City fan. I am proud of Ian he has had a fantastic career for someone who had a slow start in the game.

torchomatic

How ridiculous. He's a Blackpool player.

Imagine if one of our players scored against him home town club and didn't celebrate, you'd be one of the first on here to moan and have a go.

I used to like Evatt. Wyken lad, down to earth but after Tuesday he's gone down in my estimation. Celebrating a goal and a win like they'd won the cup! Fist pumping etc... Supposed to be a city fan.... Wrong move in my eyes

CUS Wyken

Imagine if one of our players scored against him home town club and didn't celebrate, you'd be one of the first on here to moan and have a go.

I couldn't care if he celebrated but the fact he was punching the air in delight pissed me off. Robbie keane scores against a former club and walks off. Evatt a former season ticket holder starts bouncing round and punching the air in delight.

Poor on his part. There is a difference

sw88

Chief Commentator!

This is a silly statement imo. Just because hes from Cov doesnt mean he supports us and its not like he played for us. Hes been at Blackpool for quite a few years so if anything, they are probably his favoured club against anyone! He is entitled to show a bit of excitement when the team he plays for wins a game.

CUS Wyken

This is a silly statement imo. Just because hes from Cov doesnt mean he supports us and its not like he played for us. Hes been at Blackpool for quite a few years so if anything, they are probably his favoured club against anyone! He is entitled to show a bit of excitement when the team he plays for wins a game.

I know one of his best mates. He used to have a season ticket. If he was a fan he'd hate to see this club bottom.

Like I said further up. When Robbie Keane scored against us did he celebrate? No. It's called respect. Obviously Evatt has no respect for us.

CUS Wyken

One other point. You say if our player scored. Evatt didn't even score...

torchomatic

Makes no difference. He doesn't [play for us and he never has. If players didn't celebrate against the team where they were born then most players in every game would just walk back to the centre circle without celebrating.

Ridiculous. Just another one of your "moan at anything" posts.

One other point. You say if our player scored. Evatt didn't even score...

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I know one of his best mates. He used to have a season ticket. If he was a fan he'd hate to see this club bottom.

Like I said further up. When Robbie Keane scored against us did he celebrate? No. It's called respect. Obviously Evatt has no respect for us.

Keane celebrates against none of his former clubs as he is very respectful. And this is not seen enough in football. I genuinly think he will be the last 'gent' in football as respect seems to disappear as the years go on, especially in football. Look at when Rooney shat on Everton after being a boyhood 'fan'.

If Evatt is a fan (I dont know the guy so cant comment whether he is or not) then yes, his actions were disrespectful, but otherwise, its just like any other player going along with the celebrations.

CUS Wyken

Makes no difference. He doesn't [play for us and he never has. If players didn't celebrate against the team where they were born then most players in every game would just walk back to the centre circle without celebrating.

Ridiculous. Just another one of your "moan at anything" posts.

Behave eh.... You weren't there Tuesday night. Cov are 1 up with 5 mins to go. We concede a silly goal net minute you've got evatt giving it the large one to Murphy. When Blackpool score the winner he jumps round fist punching, the works. One of the most over Excited celebrations seen in a long time.

I'm passionate about my club and I feel Evatt that night showed a lack off class. Like I said Keane whenever he SCORES against a former team just walks off. A professional.

How anyone could celebrate like that against a 'team' he supports and seeing them bottom is wrong.

It's not about moaning. It's about been passionate.

Last edited:

torchomatic

It's got nothing to do with being there. Christ, you are moaning that he celebrated a goal against us, so what. I remember our own fans at the Ricoh applauding Andy Morrell when he'd just scored against us. Idiots.

It's just like you have to think of something to have a go at. It doesn't matter. It's not important. He's not one of our players. He never will be. The world will not spin of its axis.

And it's not "wrong" to celebrate a goal if your team scores. No matter who it's against. Very odd.

CUS Wyken

Keane celebrates against none of his former clubs as he is very respectful. And this is not seen enough in football. I genuinly think he will be the last 'gent' in football as respect seems to disappear as the years go on, especially in football. Look at when Rooney shat on Everton after being a boyhood 'fan'.

If Evatt is a fan (I dont know the guy so cant comment whether he is or not) then yes, his actions were disrespectful, but otherwise, its just like any other player going along with the celebrations.

Yes he is a Cov fan. I know his best mate. If you read articles in the paper it always says season ticket holder.

I wouldn't mind but our club is in desperate times and he seemed really happy about it. Granted his team scored two late goals but on the same side, a team he supports are in a dreadful situation. I could be doing that if I was him.

But hey, we're all different eh. Also maybe I'm more pissed off as I was there and experienced the sickening last 5 mins and emotions were running high as they say

CUS Wyken

It's got nothing to do with being there. Christ, you are moaning that he celebrated a goal against us, so what. I remember our own fans at the Ricoh applauding Andy Morrell when he'd just scored against us. Idiots.

It's just like you have to think of something to have a go at. It doesn't matter. It's not important. He's not one of our players. He never will be. The world will not spin of its axis.

And it's not "wrong" to celebrate a goal if your team scores. No matter who it's against. Very odd.

Your obviously not a passionate fan.

torchomatic

Ah, I see. You are obviously in a position to decide who is "passionate" and who is not. Those who do not agree with you are obviously placed firmly in the "not passionate" box.

I'm sure your "passion" also includes using the words Vile and Incester to describe two local teams.

And to top it all, I'm not even from Coventry! Unbelievable, eh? :eek:

Your obviously not a passionate fan.

ajsccfc

I was there Tuesday. The team Evatt has played on for almost half a decade (with whom he's played in the Premier League and as a club are all desperate to get that back) snatched victory from the jaws of defeat at home, of course he's going to celebrate and I wouldn't expect any less. To cricitise him for doing so is bizarre.

If we beat Ipswich right at the death later would you slag off Keogh for celebrating considering he came up in their system?

Nick

Administrator
Guess it depends if he supports them! I personally wouldnt celebrate against Cov if I was a player!

torchomatic

That was the point I was trying to make earlier, but I'm as rubbish at making points as CCFC are at getting them.

Thanks for making things clear.

If we beat Ipswich right at the death later would you slag off Keogh for celebrating considering he came up in their system?

ajsccfc

When you become a professional footballer you essentially lose the philosophy of being just a fan. How many Liverpool players have we read supported Everton as a kid and vice versa?

Evatt's clearly celebrating his team winning a match, not taking glee in our league position or financial strife..

Last edited:

torchomatic

I hope when Keogh scores a 30 yard screamer today he doesn't celebrate. I wonder what would happen then? A bit like Tuesday nights Subsgate, I suppose.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Don't think Keogh has ever said he supports Ipswich just that he came up through their system and then pushed him out saying he wasn't good enough. Maybe he'd want to celebrate as a 'told you so' - I would!

Nonleagueherewecome

Ah, I see. You are obviously in a position to decide who is "passionate" and who is not. Those who do not agree with you are obviously placed firmly in the "not passionate" box.

I'm sure your "passion" also includes using the words Vile and Incester to describe two local teams.

I'm distinctly in your camp on this one, Torch!

CUS Wyken

No... My passion for the club means when I see a Cov lad celebrating like theyve won the cup then it annoys me.

When I see my team bottom league it annoys me.

When I see a manger who hasn't got a clue still in charge it annoys me.

That's my passion...

CUS Wyken

I was there Tuesday. The team Evatt has played on for almost half a decade (with whom he's played in the Premier League and as a club are all desperate to get that back) snatched victory from the jaws of defeat at home, of course he's going to celebrate and I wouldn't expect any less. To cricitise him for doing so is bizarre.

Dis Evatt score? No, so not sure what's your point about Keogh?

Would you personally celebrate like that in that situation? Because I wouldn't...

ajsccfc

You're not a professional footballer. When your career loyalty is with a different club, then come back and tell me how you'd react.

His team just grabbed a very late victory as they aim for promotion, so every point is absolutely precious. Ian Evatt did nothing wrong, you just seemingly need something to moan about. Don't we have enough reason within the club already?

Users who are viewing this thread