Euro 2012: Supermarket beer price rises... (1 Viewer)

dutchman

Did anyone else notice a sudden rise in the price of beer at supermarkets to coincide with the start of the tournament? The cans I normally buy shot up by 20% (although still cheap compared to some). There were also a lot more cans on the shelf than usual suggesting the supermarket had anticipated a sudden rise in demand.

I exclude Morrisons from this comparison, those thieving bastards hiked their beer prices more than six months ago!

Covstu

Did anyone else notice a sudden rise in the price of beer at supermarkets to coincide with the start of the tournament? The cans I normally buy shot up by 20% (although still cheap compared to some). There were also a lot more cans on the shelf than usual suggesting the supermarket had anticipated a sudden rise in demand.

I exclude Morrisons from this comparison, those thieving bastards hiked their beer prices more than six months ago!

is it Heineken dutch? :)

dutchman

is it Heineken dutch? :)

Regrettably not Stu. :)

(The stuff sold in England isn't real Heineken but that's a another subject).

I daredn't say what or where it was in case there's a surge in demand and they bung the price up again! Once the tournament is over they'll probably have to slash the prices to clear the excess stocks.

Last edited:

wingy

Been going on for a couple of years now dutchman,the government watchdogs gave them cover under the health guise,it used to be used as a loss leader ,remember when you used to buy 3 trays of 20 ,or 3x18 bottles for around £18. ive switched to the wine these days which i hate to say has suffered similarly.:(

ccfcway

got 30 cans of carlesberg in tesco for £16 yesterday

bargain

(cue the "i wouldnt drink that sh1te" comments)

Covstu

Regrettably not Stu. :)

(The stuff sold in England isn't real Heineken but that's a another subject).

I daredn't say what or where it was in case there's a surge in demand and they bung the price up again! Once the tournament is over they'll probably have to slash the prices to clear the excess stocks.

been on the tour in hamsterjam, good day out!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Carlsberg???? PAH!!
Can't beat the best stuff on the shelves!!!

TescoValueLager.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread