EURO 2012 England Team, who would everyone pick? (1 Viewer)

if fit and when rooneys back. hart, walker, cole, terry, cahill, parker, lampard, a johnson, lennon, gerrard, rooney. subs bent, crouch, defoe, a young, g johnson, lescott maybe i have forgot someone

JWriter

Hart, Richards, Terry, Cahill, Cole, Jones, Johnson, Young, Lampard, Sturridge, Rooney. That XI is unbeatable.

stupot07

As Rooney and whilshire are out, my starting 11 v France would be 4231 hart, walker, Cahill, Jagielka, cole; Parker and carrick; Dyer, gerrard, Young; Welbeck.

martynshipley

I would love to see Gary Hooper given a place. 23 goals so far this season which, I think, makes him the third highest scoring englishman behind Rooney and Ricky Lambert

stupot07

I would love to see Gary Hooper given a place. 23 goals so far this season which, I think, makes him the third highest scoring englishman behind Rooney and Ricky Lambert

He's scoring goals against championship and league one standard defenders....

martynshipley

He's scoring goals against championship and league one standard defenders....

I can't argue over the standard of spl defending, but if these are championship level defenders then he's scored more than Holt or Carrol managed at that level.... And I'm sure one of those will have a place.

He's also put in some big performances at european level which as we know is a world apart from the spl.

ronan_cov

definately welbeck for his partnership with rooney. He is probably better than Defoe. I would take Bent over crouch and defoe.

GK - Hart

RB - Richards

CB - Cahil

CB - Jagielka

LB - Cole

RM - Downing

CM - Wilshere/Lampard

CM - Jones/Gerrard

LM - Walcott

ST - Bent

ST - Rooney

Subs:
Barry
Milner
Green
Lescott
Parker
Welbeck

scroobiustom

definately welbeck for his partnership with rooney. He is probably better than Defoe. I would take Bent over crouch and defoe.

GK - Hart

RB - Richards

CB - Cahil

CB - Jagielka

LB - Cole

RM - Downing

CM - Wilshere/Lampard

CM - Jones/Gerrard

LM - Walcott

ST - Bent

ST - Rooney

Subs:
Barry
Milner
Green
Lescott
Parker
Welbeck

Was the team picked with aid of some happy juice? Jagielka & Bent, really??? surely Phil Jones and Danny Welbeck aheads of these? then playing Downing and Walcott A) on the wrong sides and B) ahead of adam johnson? strange, strange team

scroobiustom

and Richards instead of Walker!

Starting XI:

Joe Hart (best English keeper by a stretch)

Kyle Walker (young player of the year)
John Terry (dickhead but decent defender)
Gary Cahill (plays alongside Terry for club, decent player)
Ashley Cole (see John Terry comments)

Ashley Young (can dive to win us some penalties)
Frank Lampard (one of his 25 deflected shots is bound to go in)
Scott Parker (heart on sleeve player, even when ineffective)
Adam Johnson (one of the most underrated players IMO)

Jermaine Defoe (best of a mediocre bunch)
Peter Crouch (has a strangely good international goal scoring record).

Other squad players:
Kelvin Davis, Rob Green, Leighton Baines, Joleon Lescott, Chris Smalling, Gareth Barry, James Milner, Aaron Lennon, Stevie Gerrard, Theo Walcott, Danny Welbeck, Wayne Rooney.

Rooney to start versus Ukraine, by which time we will probably be out anyway. The Spanish/Germans must be looking at our strikeforce and pissing themselves.

Sawyer

Hart

Jones - Terry - Cahill - Cole

Parker

Gerrard - Lampard

Walcott - Rooney (Carroll in absence) - Johnson

mark82

Hart

Walker - Terry - Cahill - Cole

Parker

Gerrard - Lampard

Johnson - Rooney (Holt/Welbeck) - Young

CODY!!!

Joe Hart
Kyle Walker - Gary Cahill - Richard Keogh - Ashley Cole
Scott Parker
Nathan Redmond - Steven Gerrard - Frank Lampard
Grant Holt - Wayne Rooney

Rest of the team - John Ruddy, David Stockdale, Leighton Baines, Glen Johnson, John Terry, Micah Richards, Gareth Barry, Wes Hoolahan, Gary Gardner, Wilfred Zaha, Danny Welbeck, Rickie Lambert.

i know that squad isnt "The Usual Suspects" but ive picked that team on the basis of their individual performances for their own respective clubs. Isnt that what we should be doing? to many egos at the moment in the current England squad. I bet you that if Roy picked my sqaud alot of the players would finally play for pride and passion of the three lions that we've been lacking for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many years, also all the rest have had their chance and time after time failed to provide any pride back to England (not saying mine would) but a change would be bad.​

tommydazzle

I believe Grant Holt is the second highest scoring Englishmen after Rooney in the Prem and is also probably the most accomplished diver after Diving Didier Drogba......

AlexJohnson93

Can't believe how many of you are suggesting 4-4-2! I'd go 4-3-3 with:

GK: Joe Hart
RB: Micah Richards
CB: Cahill
CB: Lescott
LB: Cole
CM: Jones
CM: Parker
CM: Scholes
RW: Sturridge
ST: Rooney/Bent
LW: Young

Out with the old in with the new!

Hart

Richards
Jones
Cahill
Gibbs

Parker (c)
Rodwell

Sturridge
Oxlaide-Chamberlain
Sinclar

Walcott

The pace on that front four is insane and with the way we played at the world cup none of the oldies deserve to be in, we need to play these young players now so we may come good in the world cup, yes we may get slaughtered but the Germans did it last world cup and now are in an incredibly strong position heading into Euro 2012.

skybluegod

4-4-2

-----------------hart-------------
richards---terry--ferdinand-----cole
young-----lampard---gerrard----walcott/lennon
-------------crouch--------rooney

subs:foster/stockdale,jagelka,jones,parker,walcott/lennon,bent,welbeck

res:strurridge,milner,barry,green,lescott,downing,baines,johnson.A, johnson.g

skybluegod

Joe Hart
Kyle Walker - Gary Cahill - Richard Keogh - Ashley Cole
Scott Parker
Nathan Redmond - Steven Gerrard - Frank Lampard
Grant Holt - Wayne Rooney

Rest of the team - John Ruddy, David Stockdale, Leighton Baines, Glen Johnson, John Terry, Micah Richards, Gareth Barry, Wes Hoolahan, Gary Gardner, Wilfred Zaha, Danny Welbeck, Rickie Lambert.

i know that squad isnt "The Usual Suspects" but ive picked that team on the basis of their individual performances for their own respective clubs. Isnt that what we should be doing? to many egos at the moment in the current England squad. I bet you that if Roy picked my sqaud alot of the players would finally play for pride and passion of the three lions that we've been lacking for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many years, also all the rest have had their chance and time after time failed to provide any pride back to England (not saying mine would) but a change would be bad.​

keogh will never play for england and redmond to young

procdoc

My team v France

.............................................Hart...................................................
.......Walker.................Terry.........Cahill............Cole.........................
.................................Parker.........Barry......................................
.......Sturridge.....................Gerrard...............Young..........................
.........................................Wellbeck.................................................

I personally wouldn't have Downing anywhere near an England squad, he's just not very good. I'd take Crouch in the squad as an impact player and I'd also take Bent if fit. Milner has got to go because of his versatility and Walcott can also be an impact player. The reason I've picked Barry over Lampard is because both he and Gerrard like to bomb on and support the forwards whereas a combination of Parker and Barry will provide a solid shield to allow Gerrard to burst forward with regularity. Also Barry is one the most consistant performers in the premier league and is very underrated.

Yorkshire SB

Have to consider whether Ferdinand or Terry will go, I don't think they both can and it's a very difficult decision for Hodgson. My CB defensive partnership switches altogether depending on which one of them is selected and plays. Lescott and Ferdinand or Cahill and Terry. Would also love to see Scholes coaxed into playing.
Without Rooney,
GK Hart
RB Richards
CB Lescott/Terry
CB Ferdinand/Cahill
LB Cole
CDM Barry
CDM Milner
AMR Sturridge
AML Young
AMC Lampard
FC - Welbeck

With Rooney
GK Hart
RB Richards
CB Lescott/Terry
CB Ferdinand/Cahill
LB Cole
CM Lampard
CM Barry
RM Walcott
LM Young
FC Rooney
FC Welbeck

Rest of the Squad:
GK(s) Foster, Green.
Def(s) Walker, Terry (Ferdinand), Cahill (Lescott), Baines.
Mid (s) Parker, Milner, Lennon, Gerrard.
Str (s) Sturridge, Holt.

Users who are viewing this thread