Ernie Hunt (1 Viewer)

Malaka

There is a rumour going around that Ernie has died, is this true?

SlowerThanPlatt

The only person who’s posted it is this guy. However ‘excellent’ the source you shouldn’t put something like that out until it’s actually confirmed by his family

SkyBlueSid

That is really sad. He was a genuine Sky Blue Legend and a great bloke too. Went to his pub in Ledbury a few times in the 80s and it was always a fantastic night out if he had City fans there.

Otis

Such a shame.

Such a skilful little player and scored two of the best City goals ever (Everton donkey kick and the one from almost on the half way line against Burnley).

rob9872

RIP Ernie :(

MalcSB

RIP Ernie, a hero from my early teens. I remember the half way goal - he said afterwards he was too tired to run with the ball!!

Nice respects in the Express and Star.Sweet FA in the CT as far as I can see

Bugsy

Rest in peace Ernie... Sky Blue legend...PUSB

Otis

RIP Ernie, a hero from my early teens. I remember the half way goal - he said afterwards he was too tired to run with the ball!!

Nice respects in the Express and Star.Sweet FA in the CT as far as I can see
Cos they haven't seen it in here yet. As soon as they browse SBT it will then be on the CT site shortly afterwards.

clint van damme

A little before my time but obviously heard all about him and especially 'that goal'!
RIP Ernie.

tisza

That is really sad. He was a genuine Sky Blue Legend and a great bloke too. Went to his pub in Ledbury a few times in the 80s and it was always a fantastic night out if he had City fans there.
one by the football club. had a few nights in there when he was there. Natural pub guv with a good sense of humour & liked a wind-up.
RIP Ernie

Warwickhunt

Loved watching him play always played the game with a smile. Never forget when the referee gave a free kick against Ernie and whilst the arguing went on he stuffed the ball up his shirt and everyone started to look for it

ccfc_ukr

really sad news, before my time, but obviously had heard all about him.

My boss has been telling me a story this morning about a time that he got booked and the ref asked for his name, his real name being Roger Hunt, which also was the name of a liverpool and england international at the time. The ref asked again, and Hunt replied with Roger Hunt... the ref being so annoyed with Ernie who he thought was taking the mick, so he sent him off! Great stuff! :D

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

A player that always made the fans smile with his tricks and approach to the game. Players just are not allowed to play like that today; without fear and with real fun. Incredibly skilful and if he had been a little fitter would have played international football.
RIP Ernie: a sky blue legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread