Eric Black (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

I know most peoples at CCFC have nothing but high regard for the man and now he finds himself in charge at Blackburn and doing well enough to surely earn the opportunity of keeping the job?
However Blackburn are determined to find a new manager be it the ridiculously less talented Tim Sherwood or Henning Berg.

Do football clubs and their owners ever bother to ask the supporters who they think may be a good appointment?

What planet are you on Pax?

Not sure where you were 18 months ago but CCFC were going to get a manager in until fans campaigned for Thorn to be made permanent, maybe you were too busy starting threads to realise what was actually happening at our club?

Paxman II

I certainly did not campaigne for AT. I'm also sure SISU did not listen to our supporters either...they chose a cheap option to keep him on and later regret at ever appointing him. Did they then listen to the fans overwhelming favourite choice of Denis Wise? Nope....they went ahead and appointed MR who most on here for example never had him close to consideration.

My point is Eric Black has always seemed very capable to me and why seek anyone else? I think if they keep Eric Black (assuming he wants the job) they will get promoted.

What say you?

wingy

What planet are you on Pax?

Not sure where you were 18 months ago but CCFC were going to get a manager in until fans campaigned for Thorn to be made permanent, maybe you were too busy starting threads to realise what was actually happening at our club?

I would'nt say anyone campaigned but do think they took account of fans sentiments in places like this ,on the radio and in the chat section of the CT,it certainly gave them the easier option when cutting costs and the squad by 11 players that season.

wingy

Was there many threads on here with people advocating Thorn?
Don't know Rich as i think it was before my Join date ,but my perceptions at the time from other media were that people were happy with his appointment on the basis of the brand of football seen in that survival run.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I get the feeling from Blackburn fans is that they wouldn't like Eric Black as manager and would like a name or proven manager. I haven't spoken to any but that is the sort of impression they give me as a general fan base

Otis

I wasn't campaigning for Thorn either.

I saw him only as a stop gap.

And not being funny here, but weren't many on this forum campaigning for Richard Shaw after we beat Birmingham?

Covstu

i dont think anyone had thorn as number one choice but also i would hardly say that there was an 'overwelming' call for Wise, from what i recall it was pretty split on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread