England (1 Viewer)

Diehard Si

Looked a lot better last night.

Interesting it was the 4-2-3-1 formation which they switched to and seemed comfortable operating with. I was at a friends house and the women were talking for most of the game so I didn't quite establish who was playing where, but it seemed to work.

When Wilshire comes back it will be great for us. Him and Cleverly are 2 quite cultured footballers and perhaps the future of England. Adam Johnson desperately needs a move out of Man City so he can play regular first team football.

Personally for the WC campaign I'd be looking at this:

...............Wilshire..........Cleverly

A Johnson...........Gerrard..............Young

........................Rooney

Carrick to fill in until Wilshire is fit.

With the likes of Welbeck, Walcott, Defoe and Lampard as subs it's got options as well.

Sutty

It was so refreshing seeing actual footballers in the England midfield, rather than Scott Parker running around like a nutter.

I'd like to see us make room for Huddlestone when he's back playing regularly, rate him very highly.

stupot07

Carrick and lampard were outstanding last night in keeping the ball - had gerrard played last night we'd have played far more long balls, also I would bin Rooney off, I don't think he can play the line striking role he wants to drop deep to get involved which would leave no one up front, also when Rooney plays everything has to go through him so theres much less variety in the play.

dave1903

Carrick and lampard were outstanding last night in keeping the ball - had gerrard played last night we'd have played far more long balls, also I would bin Rooney off, I don't think he can play the line striking role he wants to drop deep to get involved which would leave no one up front, also when Rooney plays everything has to go through him so theres much less variety in the play.

agreed i thought the same last night when the commentators mentione dother midfields coming back such as barry.
that midfield had a nice balance to it last night, its nice to see carrick in that role as he is less terified on the ball as some other english midfielders.
i would like to see carrick, cleverly and wiltshire as our centre 3 as they are all good with the ball, move and pass

Ndlovusio

Happy to see Carrick back but still think he's a disgrace for making himself unavailable. Agreed Lampard was good and see him having a good impact while the midfield transitions to younger players with time

SkyBlue_Bear83

We were very good vs Italy and I agree about the Gerrard point, fantastic player but goes for the 60-80 yard cross field pass a bit too regularly.

Shame we didn't play like that in the euro instead of the anti football we were treated too

Users who are viewing this thread