England Women 1 Germany Women 2 (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

England conceded a 90th mutute goial to lose this international in front of just under 78 thousand spectators.
Apparently around 10,000 failed to show up, possibly due to the bad weather.
England missed a penalty (what's new?).
The player, Nikita Parris, has now missed 3 out of her last 4 penalties.
You have to ask, why is she still taking them?
The one she missed at the Women's World Cup was nothing short of pathetic.
www.bbc.com/sport/football/50345414

Highlights:

Last edited:

Otis

England conceded a 90th mutute goial to lose this international in front of just under 78 thousand spectators.
Apparently around 10,000 failed to show up, possibly due to the bad weather.
England missed a penalty (what's new?).
The player, Nikita Parris, has now missed 3 out of her last 4 penalties.
You have to ask, why is she still taking them?
The one she missed at the Women's World Cup was nothing short of pathetic.
www.bbc.com/sport/football/50345414
10,000 failed to turn up?

Maybe they were on their period.

Terry Gibson's perm

As Wasps have found if the tickets are cheap/free the commitment to attend is much less the same has happened here.

Covstu

Had the big stage and didn’t get the result they needed, a decent win tonight could have kept a lot of that audience but I think will struggle to hit those numbers again. Let’s hope they can keep most of the support but I think the next game at old Trafford or villa park etc

Terry Gibson's perm

hmm. you do know over 75000 turned up ?. Its an outstanding turn out for a womens game of football.

It is outstanding as I wouldn’t expect a non league team to get that amount and that is the standard they would have watched

Terry Gibson's perm

In the same way the women’s Wimbledon final is a non league men’s final ?

I actually enjoy women’s tennis more the less power allows for more play, women’s football is just poor quality but I guess the people who went on that day knew what they were getting.

Gazolba

I actually enjoy women’s tennis more the less power allows for more play, women’s football is just poor quality but I guess the people who went on that day knew what they were getting.
Everything is relative.
Look at all the people who go to watch L2, National League and lower non-league clubs.
The standard there is pretty shocking and those players have no more skill than the top women.
Women's football may lack in certain aspects compared to the men's game but it is still very entertaining.
And the people who watched this game were watching two of the best teams in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread