England vs Wales (1 Viewer)

The draw against Russia was completely unfair. We dominated the game but sloppy defending at the death robbed us of 3 crucial points. But that's in the past and now we move onto a game which no Englishman wants to lose. Wales have improved significantly in recent years and pose a very real threat. So for this week's Cooks Question, i want your opinions on the Wales v England game. Can we get the 3 points? What will the score be? Who do you expect to steal the show? Drop a reply and i'll read it out on this Thursday's edition of Sports Lounge, live from 10am on 98.6 Hillz FM. Cheers lads, and cmon England!

Grendel

It wasn't unfair - we weren't clinical in key areas.

ccfc92

I honestly think Wales will win, unfortunately :(

They will be up for it more, and going by the Russia game, we will struggle to score.

Otis

I honestly think Wales will win, unfortunately :(

They will be up for it more, and going by the Russia game, we will struggle to score.

I just can't see Wales being up for it more, I really can't.

The team that should be more up for it should clearly be England as Wales will be absolutely delighted with a draw.

England play like they did on Saturday, but them showing a more clinical edge and they should win. I would be happy with a draw though. Beat Slovakia after that and we would be on 5 points and through.

Terry Gibson's perm

Depends on the players thoughts, they seem to be building Wales up, if they can't beat a team like Wales then they don't deserve to go through.

Otis

Yep, fair point and no disrespect to Wales, but other than that opening 5 mins, Slovakia looked a very, very poor side indeed.

bringbackrattles

Should be a tasty match and with Bale in their side they will fancy their chances. But England if they play like they did against Russia,and be more clinical when chances arise, I'm confident we can win.

Gazolba

T<snip> Can we get the 3 points? What will the score be?<snip>!

Join the prediction league and you will find out what we think. I initially predicted England 3 Wales 1. But after England's first game I changed it to 2-1. Can't see this England team scoring 3 in any game.

CJ_covblaze

Wales are a bit more attack minded so they will be a bit more open at the back. If we play like we did on Saturday we should beat them. I obviously don't want to be going into the last game needing us to get a result but a draw wouldn't be terrible. Would have to follow it up with a win against Slovakia to get in the top 2 though.

covmark

Wales are a bit more attack minded so they will be a bit more open at the back. If we play like we did on Saturday we should beat them. I obviously don't want to be going into the last game needing us to get a result but a draw wouldn't be terrible. Would have to follow it up with a win against Slovakia to get in the top 2 though.
I don't think they'll be very attack minded on Thursday CJ. They'll be over the moon with a draw, so I think they'll sit deep and leave Bale up top for the counter.
Play as we did Saturday, and we'll win comfortably.

Enjoy the game CJ, and stay safe pal.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Maybe not unfair, but undeserved for sure. Wales to win 2-0, really????

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
It's too easy. ;) in all seriousness I reckon it'll be a lot tougher than England think and I can't see them winning 'comfortably'.

CCFC88

We should beat Wales, stick Dier on Ramsey and limit his feeding to Bale and we should keep them quiet going forward. Their winner against Slovakia was scored by Robson Kanu, a bloke who has been released by Reading!

It wont be comfortable, it never is with England but it should be 3 points.

edited

Last edited:

Otis

We should beat England, stick Dier on Ramsey and limit his feeding to Bale and we should keep them quiet going forward. Their winner against Slovakia was scored by Robson Kanu, a bloke who has been released by Reading!

We should beat England? What!??!

Otis

We should beat Wales, stick Dier on Ramsey and limit his feeding to Bale and we should keep them quiet going forward. Their winner against Slovakia was scored by Robson Kanu, a bloke who has been released by Reading!

edited
Ah, now I can give this a like! ;)

Gazolba

Can't help thinking that as soon as England come up against a real team like Germany, Italy or Spain, they will be out.

Grendel

Can't help thinking that as soon as England come up against a real team like Germany, Italy or Spain, they will be out.

Correct. Wales wouldn't survive in the premiership. The game was low on quality and England's defence under pressure will not look a pretty sight.

Alkhen

I'm not sure you know, maybe the elite teams have too much for us but I'll be interested to see England play a team that don't just park 11 men behind the ball. With a team with a bit more ambition they tend to leave space to break into which I think is the way this England team is best set up to do. Slovakia will need to attack us so we shall see on tueaday

Johnnythespider

I'm not sure you know, maybe the elite teams have too much for us but I'll be interested to see England play a team that don't just park 11 men behind the ball. With a team with a bit more ambition they tend to leave space to break into which I think is the way this England team is best set up to do. Slovakia will need to attack us so we shall see on tueaday

Or even Tuesday if it wasn't on moanday

Users who are viewing this thread