England v Tunisia (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

Thought it might be worth setting up a match thread for the England match, separate from the World Cup one. (Feel free to disagree and delete Nick)

Usual stuff, thoughts on formation/tactics/score etc.

SkyBlueSoul

2156595cfe012928ec9253d203d80601.png

This is the team that was ‘leaked’ a few days ago, still not sure about Rashford over Sterling.

I can see us winning but feeling our way into the game with a 1-0. Not necessarily nervy, but not convincing

Otis

2156595cfe012928ec9253d203d80601.png

This is the team that was ‘leaked’ a few days ago, still not sure about Rashford over Sterling.

I can see us winning but feeling our way into the game with a 1-0. Not necessarily nervy, but not convincing
That's Sterling over Rashford. ;)

I much prefer Danny Rose to Ashley Young too.

SkyBlueSoul

That's Sterling over Rashford. ;)

I much prefer Danny Rose to Ashley Young too.
Oh for god's sake :emoji_face_palm: That was meant to be 'I prefer Rashford over Sterling' or 'I'm not sure about Sterling over Rashford' and somehow I ballsed it up!

Otis

Yeah, I do think that if Rashford didn't have this little niggle he might well have been in.

I do rate Sterling though. Bout time he turned it on big style for the national team.

Think if he has one really game he could be flying throughout the competition.

Paul Anthony

Have a feeling it might be a cautious draw, maybe a 1-1. Hopefully I'm wrong and we can put in a solid performance and grab a confidence boosting win.

SkyBlueSoul

Good point, I forgot Rashford's injury.

I'm not anti Sterling by any means and if we were playing with wingers he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet for me, especially after the season he's just had. Not convinced by him up front/as a 10 though. More than happy to be proven wrong!

The thought of Rashford as a sub is still scary, that pace and ability against a tiring defence is mouth watering. I'd rather have the problem of deciding between them than a lack of options

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'll hold my hands up to knowing (or caring) the square root of fuck-all about the state of Tunisian football.......but I can't see England keeping a clean sheet......My guess is an error strewn 3-2 win.

CovBurty

0-0 half time. 2-0 win England. If we can't beat Tunisia then football will never come home. It will have emigrated for good.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Good point, I forgot Rashford's injury.

I'm not anti Sterling by any means and if we were playing with wingers he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet for me, especially after the season he's just had. Not convinced by him up front/as a 10 though. More than happy to be proven wrong!

The thought of Rashford as a sub is still scary, that pace and ability against a tiring defence is mouth watering. I'd rather have the problem of deciding between them than a lack of options

Exactly, even me who dislikes him could put an argument for him starting on the wing . Number 10 doesn't make sense for me, but looks like it does for Southgate. Sterling's biggest problem is that he often can't hit a barn door with a lot of chances.

Let's hope he finally comes good for England now.

SkyBlueSoul

Exactly, even me who dislikes him could put an argument for him starting on the wing . Number 10 doesn't make sense for me, but looks like it does for Southgate. Sterling's biggest problem is that he often can't hit a barn door with a lot of chances.

This. It seems churlish to question someone's finishing when they've just scored 18 goals in the Premier League but a lot of them were tap ins from great build up play. His goal against Southampton from the edge of the area was brilliant, but he missed so many one on ones and there was THAT miss from a yard out vs Burnley.

Still, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until after I've seen him later. As a fan, I want to be proven wrong

lifeskyblue

I feel I want to be proved wrong about Southgate also. I questioned his abilities when he was appointed but have been impressed with his demeanour and preparation for this. He seems to have created a decent togetherness from a group of fairly avg players. Just hope it all comes together this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Unless it is from less than 5 yards out the ball could go anywhere and he's even known to put it wide or over the bar from less than five yards out anyway.

Sky Blue Harry H

Unless it is from less than 5 yards out the ball could go anywhere and he's even known to put it wide or over the bar from less than five yards out anyway.

Finishing in last couple of games I've watched him has been lamentable - might be good for winning pens via the VAR (or getting bookings for dives!) Over to you Raheem!

Paul Anthony

Four years ago, the only time England scored was when I left the room. In fact Italy scored their second as I walked back into the room. They'd probably win the thing ouright if I didn't watch at all. Hopefully that's not the case this time round...

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

I much prefer Rose to Young because he offers more natural width but Young is more match fit. I get Rashford not playing due to his injury. Glad he's going with only 1 defensive midfielder, and the more ball playing one at that, if the selection is correct.

Does my head in that the selection is leaked so far in advance, gives the Tunisia manager time to prepare all for a few extra clicks on your website.

Captain Dart

Otis

Of course there are Coventry flags.

Nowt to do with the football and everything to do with the fact we are twin cities.

Otis

And loads of people are now congregating in Volgograd Place in Cov as well as we very speak.

vow

Ashley fuckin Young, no balance to the team, Walker as centre back, fuck off!

Johnnythespider

Promised myself i wouldn't get nervous and I was fine until a minute ago. But now feeling very edgy.

Users who are viewing this thread