England v San Marino (1 Viewer)

mark82

Germany scored more away at Ireland than England did at home to San Marino. Says it all about where we are at the moment.

Otis

No killer instinct at all. Good team could have got double figures easily.

You sure? They have only had double figures scored against them twice in the last 50 games.

Loads of 4's 5's and 6's though.

We should never expect to score 10 against anyone. Should have been at least 8 tonight though with the good chances we missed.

mark82

You sure? They have only had double figures scored against them twice in the last 50 games.

Loads of 4's 5's and 6's though.

We should never expect to score 10 against anyone. Should have been at least 8 tonight though with the good chances we missed.

Yeah. Maybe 7 or 8 would be a more realistic expectation. Someone like Raheem Sterling would have been perfect tonight. He isn't ready for the big games but would have turned these inside out.

Otis

We tried to play through the centre of their defence and for the most part it didn't work and we just got outnumbered. Too many balls out wide to give us width were merely passed back inside again to try and go straight through the middle.

TheHellion

There aren't many games where you can say people are disappointed with 5 goals, but you do feel there were more there tonight. Was never really a case of eating them for breakfast, but what sauce we were going to put on them. Just feel we could have had more goals than that tonight.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We weren't direct enough, I don't mean going long but players not attacking the goal enough an going forward. Walcott would have been ideal today had he not got injured, San Marino are so poor his lack of skill wouldn't have mattered, he is a direct player his main thoughts are run towards goal as fast as I can with or without the ball which would have scared the crap out of San Marino. Instead players like Ox, Lennon and Walker kept cutting back rather than attacking the full back. I think Defoe would have been very good choice tonight for similar reasons

Brighton Sky Blue

Germany managed to put 6 past a much better team away tonight-a proper example of how to be ruthless when you're in control of a game.

Users who are viewing this thread