England v Belgium (1 Viewer)

Otis

Think Dunk has played himself out of Euros contention

Good player in his own right but never England quality - Guehi, Tomori, Konsa all better options - Even White at centre half is a better shout albeit his international career is seemingly over
What's happened with Guehi? He was actually part of the setup recently. Is he injured?

baldy

I remember that! Anti english/british is the only hate crime thats still allowed.

*i dont mind it actually, a bit of booing thats showbiz. Been to scotland england in Glasgow with England a few times always thought the locals were sound. Not a place to take liberties mind you!

Hate crime? For that? Get a grip

alexccfc99

I remember that! Anti english/british is the only hate crime thats still allowed.

*i dont mind it actually, a bit of booing thats showbiz. Been to scotland england in Glasgow with England a few times always thought the locals were sound. Not a place to take liberties mind you!
I couldn't care less and the uproar when *any* anthem is booed is a bit pathetic

The faux outrage when England fans did it during the 2020 euros was embarrassing

Grendel

Toney did ok to be fair. Don't think that's been a problem.

Really? It’s a massive problem I think - Toney isn’t an international class forward at all. Neither is Watkins.

We have a glut of midfielders who can compete at the highest level but no great forward options and very poor defensive ones

alexccfc99

Really? It’s a massive problem I think - Toney isn’t an international class forward at all. Neither is Watkins.

We have a glut of midfielders who can compete at the highest level but no great forward options and very poor defensive ones
Thought Toney played well last night

It's all by the by, they will be bit part players at the very best unless god forbid, Kane gets crocked between now and the summer

Brighton Sky Blue

Then the answer if desperate might be a strikerless formation.

Otis

I think it's too early to say on Toney. I thought he had a very decent game last night, so would like to see more from him at international level.

He didn't look that out of place last night I don't think.

alexccfc99

I don't buy this 'Golden Generation' talk about this current crop tbh

Some fantastic attacking players but there is nothing remotely golden about our defense and I am yet to see any international side win something playing gung-ho with a mediocre defense

TomRad85

I don't know but you'd have to admit sven managed England when almost every top nation had a good team, incredibly competitive era
The Brazil team we went out to was unreal tbh. That front 3...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Some fantastic attacking players but there is nothing remotely golden about our defense and I am yet to see any international side win something playing gung-ho with a mediocre defense
You only really need to replace maguire and we'd have one of the worlds best back lines

Stones and walker play starters for the European champions and luke Shaw is very solid at left back

Otis

You only really need to replace maguire and we'd have one of the worlds best back lines

Stones and walker play starters for the European champions and luke Shaw is very solid at left back
Yup, totally agree. It's actually a bit of a nonsense to say our back four is weak

Walker is a great right back and Stones, an excellent player too and I really rate Shaw very highly. It's just that one problematic position of replacing Maguire.

CCFCSteve

Even some of the more attacking players have got a bit to prove at international level, or even at top European level.

The positive thing is age, so many of them are young and improving all the time. Just hope it clicks this summer. Through all the frustrations this is quite an exciting time still

Users who are viewing this thread