England to win? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Jack

What do you guys make of Englands chances of winning the euro's? They were my original prediction but I just think the center backs are looking too slow.

Covstu

Agree they looked very exposed at the back and would struggle against the Spanish from two. In think we will scrape through tonight but that's about it.

Tad

Anything after the groups stages is a bonus for me really. It's going to be tough to ask anymore.

Paxman II

I'm pleased hodgson has galvanised them to get this far under such short notice. It's a brilliant achievement. However the new hungry players are enjoying this and I truly believe having an English manager makes all the difference. Like the Germans we are growing into it and had a stern test tonight in a culdron of home support and passed the test.
Thought Lescot was terrific. Gerrard getting better each game and we have game changers in our squad. have not even seen Defoe yet! Think we have as good a chance as any tbh and Spain have looked edgy and cocky in their approach. France beaten and no surprise to me. germans look the best bet but Italy are no push overs as long as they have Prilo pulling the strings.

Macca

Has anyone seen our performances?????? Steady, solidish but lacking in quality. I m not doing them down, they ve done ok , but winners? Not as long as I have a hole in my arse.

CCFC Germany

What do you guys make of Englands chances of winning the euro's? They were my original prediction but I just think the center backs are looking too slow.

I did not even expected them to make it out of the group stages now.
They might be a dark horse, but I'm afraid Spain or Germany will be too good for England...

Tad

Has anyone seen our performances?????? Steady, solidish but lacking in quality. I m not doing them down, they ve done ok , but winners? Not as long as I have a hole in my arse.

It's nice to see England look a bit more solid. We're not oozing quality like you said, but I can't remember the last England team that look a bit more controlled. Even when the other teams are in the our Defences zone we close them down well and put the ball carrier under pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread