England Caretaker Manager (1 Viewer)

skybluealan

Typical English press, Stuart Pearce in the job for one day and the PRESS pull him down. This problem with Ince happened 17 years ago. The Press and Media are as bad as SISU

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
What's been said about him then? Links?

Astute

Glad I am not going to be the next England manager. The stories about me would fill the papers for weeks :D

Nonleagueherewecome

Just when it looked like Micah Richards thought he'd be getting that England RB slot he so deserves..what a slap in the face!

More seriously: as opposed to Terry, I'm more inclined to believe Pearce is innocent as he doesn't seem like an idiot in the way Terry does. Stuart Pearce like the Sex Pistols and sounds reasonably intelligent and sensible for a man nicknamed Psycho. This sounds like BS that's been stirred up by the media in their time honoured tradition of treating whoever the England manager is like shit (unless it's El Tel).

Astute

Basically bringing up that hes alleged to have racially abused Paul Ince and his brother is a member of the BNP.

I would get life if I was liable for everything my brothers have done in the past

rob9872

Just when it looked like Micah Richards thought he'd be getting that England RB slot he so deserves..what a slap in the face!

More seriously: as opposed to Terry, I'm more inclined to believe Pearce is innocent as he doesn't seem like an idiot in the way Terry does. Stuart Pearce like the Sex Pistols and sounds reasonably intelligent and sensible for a man nicknamed Psycho. This sounds like BS that's been stirred up by the media in their time honoured tradition of treating whoever the England manager is like shit (unless it's El Tel).

As opposed to the white Kyle Walker or Glen Johnson - looks like he'll have to get Neville out of retirement :)

In my mind Pearce is probably guilty too (not that it is an excuse for bringing it up in the media now). Just because he is of usual good character, doesn't mean he couldn't have had a Big Ron moment.

However whilst not excusing it, 18 years ago is a long time. Unless it was malicious and I doubt it as I'm sure we would have heard significantly more of it before, it's almost a generation ago when comments were if not accepted or ignored, were certainly tolerated in a different way. There were also far less cameras and less demonisation in the press for such actions.

Astute

As opposed to the white Kyle Walker or Glen Johnson - looks like he'll have to get Neville out of retirement :)

In my mind Pearce is probably guilty too (not that it is an excuse for bringing it up in the media now). Just because he is of usual good character, doesn't mean he couldn't have had a Big Ron moment.

However whilst not excusing it, 18 years ago is a long time. Unless it was malicious and I doubt it as I'm sure we would have heard significantly more of it before, it's almost a generation ago when comments were if not accepted or ignored, were certainly tolerated in a different way. There were also far less cameras and less demonisation in the press for such actions.

Just like the TV programmes when I was a kid. Love Thy Neighbour and Mind Your Language. Both very funny, but the punchlines were nearly always racist comments . Strange how we get fed mainly on repeats, but these shows don't get repeated like other comedies of their time

ccfcway

Just like the TV programmes when I was a kid. Love Thy Neighbour and Mind Your Language. Both very funny, but the punchlines were nearly always racist comments . Strange how we get fed mainly on repeats, but these shows don't get repeated like other comedies of their time

Dunno, I was round John Terrys house the other day and he has the box sets

:whistle:

Paxman II

NLHWC quote:
"as opposed to Terry, I'm more inclined to believe Pearce is innocent as he doesn't seem like an idiot in the way Terry does"

Have you ever met Terry or Pearce?

skybluealan

Why have our shit press waited till now to bring this up again since Pearce has been in charge of the under 21s for the past 4 years and not a word mentioned.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

I remember both shows very well Astute, but I can't say Mind Your Language was exactly racist? It was set in an evening class at college and it was just teaching foreign students how to speak English correctly. Incidently, the star, Barry Evans, ended up as a taxi driver in Leamington I believe and died fairly young as well.

Nonleagueherewecome

NLHWC quote:
"as opposed to Terry, I'm more inclined to believe Pearce is innocent as he doesn't seem like an idiot in the way Terry does"

Have you ever met Terry or Pearce?

What, so we aren't allowed opinions about people we haven't met?!

I made it clear last night that my opinions about these people are based on what is in the public domain, which is quite a considerable amount considering how famous they are. Pearce came out of nonleague, and had a real job so is most likely more grounded than Terry (an impression you get from the way he speaks, unlike the cocky Terry). Pearce also liked punk rock, and is generally seen as a legend in the game. He's one of the more old-school icons of our game, but also seems to be a genuinely nice guy. He just took no prisoners on the pitch. Didn't mean he had to resort to racism when he played. He's never come across as a dick like Terry always does-IMO!

All told, I think on balance it is perfectly reasonable to form the opinion that John Terry is more likely to be the perpetrator of a racist comment than Stuart Pearce. I may not be right, but if I had to have proof of everything I think, I wouldn't have time to form any opinions! I'm sure that's be fine with some on here, mind!

Last edited:

Astute

I remember both shows very well Astute, but I can't say Mind Your Language was exactly racist? It was set in an evening class at college and it was just teaching foreign students how to speak English correctly. Incidently, the star, Barry Evans, ended up as a taxi driver in Leamington I believe and died fairly young as well.

Mind Your Language took the piss out of all races. Made them look thick at best. The PC brigade would not allow it now.

Nonleagueherewecome

I found it offensive tripe. Guess that makes me part of the PC brigade, then.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What, so we aren't allowed opinions about people we haven't met?!

I made it clear last night that my opinions about these people are based on what is in the public domain, which is quite a considerable amount considering how famous they are. Pearce came out of nonleague, and had a real job so is most likely more grounded than Terry (an impression you get from the way he speaks, unlike the cocky Terry). Pearce also liked punk rock, and is generally seen as a legend in the game. He's one of the more old-school icons of our game, but also seems to be a genuinely nice guy. He just took no prisoners on the pitch. Didn't mean he had to resort to racism when he played. He's never come across as a dick like Terry always does-IMO!

All told, I think on balance it is perfectly reasonable to form the opinion that John Terry is more likely to be the perpetrator of a racist comment than Stuart Pearce. I may not be right, but if I had to have proof of everything I think, I wouldn't have time to form any opinions! I'm sure that's be fine with some on here, mind!
Didn't Pearce ring Ince to personally apologise which would suggest guilt?

Besides I have no idea why this is being discussed it was all dealt with over 15 years ago or so, stupid English press trying to ruin the national side as always.

Otis

There's a reason they don't get repeated. They're just not funny and I would say Mind Your Language was very much racist. It made all the foreign nationals appear to be stupid. It would have only have worked if they had depicted the English teacher as stupid too. The English guy was normal and all the foreigners were a bit thick. Full of over the top stereotypes and highlighting all the worst so called traits of these foreigners.

Last edited:

Otis

Didn't Pearce ring Ince to personally apologise which would suggest guilt?

Besides I have no idea why this is being discussed it was all dealt with over 15 years ago or so, stupid English press trying to ruin the national side as always.

If so, quite different to Terry going into Ferdinand to make it clear that he didn't say what he was accused of don't you think?

Changeyourface

Funny how they've lynched Pearce, And also Capello for having an opinion (plus he was misquoted) yet Redknapp gets away with being an actual criminal and the press praise him as a saviour.

Otis

Not so sure you can say that now he's been found innocent.

Lawsuit anyone? :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread