Energy Suppliers. (1 Viewer)

hotrod

Has anyone had dealings with Fischer Electricity?
Over the last two months they have taken nearly double our Direct Debit contractual agreement from my Bank, as a consequence I am £262.00 in credit more annoying my electricity monthly usage is less than a quarter of that amount.
I would appreciate hearing if anyone has had a similar experience recently.

Regards.

Otis

Had someone called 'Octopus Energy' come and knock my door the other day. Have never even heard of them.

I am guessing you have written to Fisher and they will make an announcement in 3 weeks.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I'd recommend having a word with Citizens Advice, who do a lot on energy suppliers, but you could also report them to Ofgem IF they don't stop doing what they are doing if you have told them to! They cannot change your DD willy-nilly. I think they have to give you 14 days' notice.

hotrod

I'd recommend having a word with Citizens Advice, who do a lot on energy suppliers, but you could also report them to Ofgem IF they don't stop doing what they are doing if you have told them to! They cannot change your DD willy-nilly. I think they have to give you 14 days' notice.
Cheers for that,I did not realise that they had to notify you of any change I thought that was the idea of a DD but not such a big increase as I have experienced.

Regards.

tommydazzle

If anyone's thinking of switching to Bulb energy - let me refer you and we both get £50.

You're welcome.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Cheers for that,I did not realise that they had to notify you of any change I thought that was the idea of a DD but not such a big increase as I have experienced.

Regards.
Just to say, that is my understanding. You might want to check! I understand Google is good at that sort of thing. But asking on the relevant page of MoneySavingExpert would be a sound idea.

Captain Dart

Has anyone had dealings with Fischer Electricity?
Over the last two months they have taken nearly double our Direct Debit contractual agreement from my Bank, as a consequence I am £262.00 in credit more annoying my electricity monthly usage is less than a quarter of that amount.
I would appreciate hearing if anyone has had a similar experience recently.

Regards.
I was in a similar situation a few years ago. I simply phoned them up and insisted they refund the surplus balance and agreed a reasonable DD amount. Don't remember there being any snags but my gameplan involved being prepared to raise a formal complaint if the person I spoke to didn't play ball and ultimately to write referring to the failure to agree a reasonable resolution should it be necessary.

OffenhamSkyBlue

If you use OVO energy, they pay you 3% interest on your surplus balance. Better than any bank account or ISA, so it's worth over-paying, then just ask them for it back just before Christmas! They insist you have one month's bill in credit.

eastwoodsdustman

Regards.
You can contact the bank and get them to reclaim the money if you don’t think they should have taken it.

Nick

Administrator
When there's an issue with meter reading, you phone them up and sort the stupidly high bill which is physically impossible to use that amount. 2 months later you get a final demand in the post saying to ring them up but they close at 5pm and you have been hold for 19 minutes already.

Just to tell them that they have sorted it and they have themselves told me the invoice had been dealt with.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
We changed to First Utility. We pay a monthly bill. We read the meter, send the reading in via their web and they generate a bill. Our last bill for the month of December was just £37 - and we are ALL electric! Okay, so our heating and hot water is free but it's still pretty good!

OffenhamSkyBlue

The OVO figure of 3% was what was in place when I was with them a few years back. Amazing that it's gone up further!

Now with Utility Warehouse for EVERYTHING: Gas, electric, landline, mobile and broadband. I think they can do a deal with Sky too, but I just use my old TalkTalk youview box for freeview channels, and get Netflix and Prime.
If you take all 5 utilities, you get an extra 10% discount on non-energy bits, and you can have a debit MasterCard which gives you varying percentages off purchases from a huge range of merchants, which comes off your energy bill.
They also replace EVERY bulb in your house with LEDs, free of charge (provided you stay with them for the agreed contract time), which was about £300 quids' worth for us!

(If anyone is interested, PM me - we get a voucher each if you are recommended)

PS Their wifi router is shit - I reconfigured my old TalkTalk router to work on our new UW account. UW share the TalkTalk fibre network.

Nick

Administrator
Im with Utility Warehouse, they are absolutely dog shit!

What energy supplier only has customer support until 5PM? The broadband they wanted to offer was something from the 90's as well.

Otis

Im with Utility Warehouse, they are absolutely dog shit!

What energy supplier only has customer support until 5PM? The broadband they wanted to offer was something from the 90's as well.
Yep. A mortgage advisor was trying to sell that to me, but I was having none of it. He also didn't seem to be listening to the fact that you need to have a landline and I kept telling him we simply haven't got one!

Last edited:

shmmeee

If anyone's thinking of switching to Bulb energy - let me refer you and we both get £50.

You're welcome.

If anyone’s thinking of switching to Bulb: don’t. Fuckers quoted me £50/month then immediately upped it to £129/month.

Bunch of con artists.

tommydazzle

If anyone’s thinking of switching to Bulb: don’t. Fuckers quoted me £50/month then immediately upped it to £129/month.

Bunch of con artists.
Surprised by that shmmeee, been with them a year now and found them pretty good and the monthly payments are simply based on my usage. Came near the top for customer service on Money Saving Expert.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Surprised by that shmmeee, been with them a year now and found them pretty good and the monthly payments are simply based on my usage. Came near the top for customer service on Money Saving Expert.
But then again, so did Utility Warehouse in a Which? survey, and see what people think of them!!

Otis

Geez, I really dislike that bunch.

Twice I have had dealings with them and both times they have been Incredibly annoying and pushy.

Broadband seems awful.

Captain Dart

I was with First Utility for a few years and am currently with Green Energy Network. Both been OK.

Only downside has been because contractors kept ringing up to try and arrange to fit a 'smart meter'. I'm sticking with my dumb metering, I see no advantage to having a smart meter and plenty of potential snags.

OffenhamSkyBlue

The problem i found with Green Energy Network was that they only bill you quarterly and never read the meter, so it made it a bit difficult to budget and check if you were on track. Cheap though.

Oh, and i ain't getting a smart meter either - waste of time and money.

shmmeee

I reckon to be fair everyone’s got a story somewhere for every company. And I like Virgin Broadband so I can talk.

Just stung a bit when it came through just before Xmas.

Captain Dart

The problem i found with Green Energy Network was that they only bill you quarterly and never read the meter, so it made it a bit difficult to budget and check if you were on track. Cheap though.

Oh, and i ain't getting a smart meter either - waste of time and money.
I'm being billed monthly & do readings myself by email requests.

fernandopartridge

I'm with Ovo for my energy. I've got a smart meter as well for what it's worth. The 3% interest applies in year 1, goes to 4% in year 2 and 5% in year 3. Though I'm quite cynical and wonder whether it grows at the same rate as the increase in tariff.

I've just got to the end of the first year, and the fixed prices have increased 25%. Robbing robbing bastards.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

did they knock 8 times?

I found that funny but the Mrs just killed it by saying that a normal salesman wouldn’t knock with each hand.

Captain Dart

I found that funny but the Mrs just killed it by saying that a normal salesman wouldn’t knock with each hand.
An octopus has no hands but 8 legs. Salesmen are not noted for their gymnastic ability.

Users who are viewing this thread