Endgame could be close (1 Viewer)

Astute

I am feeling happier about what is going on with our club now.

What can SISU do now? So they wouldn't have to pay Northampton for use of their ground. Rent to be paid by others. Rent money to be recouped. All profits to be given to academy.....which is SISU. We get to see our team play in Cov. They get to have a club shop again :D

Sorry SISU. Plan Z has failed. If you take us to Northampton now......if you are still allowed to.......there will be no way of hiding the truth. The FL have said to look at any way of staying in Cov. How will you get out of this one? They can't hide what is going on. MP's on our side. Our plight is quite well known. Will another court threat keep it quiet? :pimp:

If they refuse I would like to see CVA refused. We can now see there are backers that the Hoff has. SISU and their plans now seem troubled. Poor Tim :wave:

mark82

I am feeling happier about what is going on with our club now.

What can SISU do now? So they wouldn't have to pay Northampton for use of their ground. Rent to be paid by others. Rent money to be recouped. All profits to be given to academy.....which is SISU. We get to see our team play in Cov. They get to have a club shop again :D

Sorry SISU. Plan Z has failed. If you take us to Northampton now......if you are still allowed to.......there will be no way of hiding the truth. The FL have said to look at any way of staying in Cov. How will you get out of this one? They can't hide what is going on. MP's on our side. Our plight is quite well known. Will another court threat keep it quiet? :pimp:

If they refuse I would like to see CVA refused. We can now see there are backers that the Hoff has. SISU and their plans now seem troubled. Poor Tim :wave:

I really hope you are right.

Sub

this is a sledge hammer blow to SISU how can they say no now ? great move by hoffman in this game of chess

Evo1883

Depends on how many back handers the FL are prepared to take , as we all know its money over football

Sky Blue Pete

Still needs significant pressure to be put on Football league - intelligent emails need sending by everyone we know

Astute

Still needs significant pressure to be put on Football league - intelligent emails need sending by everyone we know

The FL have said we need to talk. When they see the offer SISU will have to explain if they refuse.

Please remember the FL own the golden share. If they are not happy with SISU they won't get it back. I can't think of any reason they could give to make a good argument of us going to Northampton now. They can't say that money would be taken from them as all profits would go to the academy. The FL already give money to the academy. The more I think of it the happier I get.

SonofErnie

Playing Devil's advocate, I think everyone is getting slightly carried away by Hoffman's offer. On closer inspection he is looking to recoup the money through the additional ticket sales generated by staying in Coventry. Surely SISU can do this themselves? This feels a bit like the offer from ACL for the club to play at the Ricoh whilst still in admin, good on the surface, but when you start to look at the detail, lacking substance.

chiefdave

Playing Devil's advocate, I think everyone is getting slightly carried away by Hoffman's offer. On closer inspection he is looking to recoup the money through the additional ticket sales generated by staying in Coventry. Surely SISU can do this themselves? This feels a bit like the offer from ACL for the club to play at the Ricoh whilst still in admin, good on the surface, but when you start to look at the detail, lacking substance.

I don't think that's too important, it seems the FL are only using what SISU are telling them as evidence that CCFC can't play at the Ricoh. If it very publically becomes known that they can play there surely the FL have to, at the very least, justify what they have done.

J

Jack Griffin

Tweeted Cov Tel link to this story to Richard Keys, Micky Quinn, Duncan Castles, Paddy Barclay, Martin Lipton & asked them to publicise it.

italiahorse

SISU could do this if they wanted too.
But if you go along with the theory that going through the motions of pretending to build a new stadium will stress ACL and they will get it for next to nothing when ACL goes into administration.
Going back to the Ricoh will effectively save ACL and prove that SISU had no intention of building a stadium.

The Council loan to ACL scuppered there original plans to do the same and that's why SISU are driving this judicial review.

The option of going to Northampton and particularly the FL being so lenient on the 3 years maybe stretching to 5 years allows SISU to drag there feet through ground buying and planning at the expense of stressing ACL long term.

The FL are the only people now that can stop SISU by forcing them back to the Ricoh because there is no reason not too.

A similar option of ACL extending the Free rent for a year regardless of administration would have similar effect.

Now sure if SISU tying up ACL with this judicial review has effectively stopped ACL talking about the situation.

IMHO

Astute

But nobody other than SISU would make a penny from it. That certainly is substance. The fans get to have their team play in the city they should be in. The only losers would be SISU and their plans.

Noggin

Sisu can't do it themselves because they say ACL won't make a deal with them. They are only moving because they have no choice. I don't believe any of that for a second but thats the reason they say we are moving.

Flying Fokker

Don't think any of this should be a problem. It gives SISU the chance to 'Build' their stadium. The fans stay in Cov, we climb up the league and SISU sell us at the top of the curve. Maybe Hoffman et al will buy the Higgs share and it will be even harder for SISU to leave the Ricoh.

swisstony

What we need is the telegraph to get some high profile celebrity backers such as David Beckham,Gary linker,Gordon strachan etc to back the ' not one penny more ' protest.
We need to raise national awareness of our plight !

SkyblueBazza

SISU could do this or could do that is all pointless. What they HAVE DONE is arrange to play in Northampton. What they HAVE DONE is dismiss Hoff's proposal, whether out of hand or not.
So all this other stuff is just clutching at straws... It is not going to happen...unless some other party comes in with an offer SISU cannot refuse...so please - get over it! It's done, the FL are bending over backwards to make sure their fixture list is nice & tidy & so are complicit - no further action required except rubber-stamping...or there are some sort of legal issues for individuals...or another party comes in ' makes SISU an offer they cannot refuse.

Astute

SISU could do this or could do that is all pointless. What they HAVE DONE is arrange to play in Northampton. What they HAVE DONE is dismiss Hoff's proposal, whether out of hand or not.
So all this other stuff is just clutching at straws... It is not going to happen...unless some other party comes in with an offer SISU cannot refuse...so please - get over it! It's done, the FL are bending over backwards to make sure their fixture list is nice & tidy & so are complicit - no further action required except rubber-stamping...or there are some sort of legal issues for individuals...or another party comes in ' makes SISU an offer they cannot refuse.

I get you.

We are now in Division 3. Get over it.
We have a poor squad that is full of kids. Get over it.
We suddenly acquired a lot of debt. Get over it.
We can't buy any tickets yet. Get over it.
We are in admin. Get over it.
We might get liquidated. Get over it.
It looks like Appleton could have done his job better. Get over it.
Our fans have been treated like shit. Get over it.
We were charged too much rent. Get over it.
We don't trust SISU. Get over it.

In fact why bother having boards like this. We would soon get over it.

sky blue john

The offer from Hoffman needs to be put in writing to Sisu with a copy going to the football league and newspapers !!!

Users who are viewing this thread