End of Season (1 Viewer)

suts

I'm not sure whether we'll challenge for automatic promotion or the play offs. However, I am pretty certain we will not be fighting relegation. What a nice change!

Rich

We're starting to have quite a strong squad now too, not just a decent starting 11. Let's hope we can keep some of the team together past January and possibly turn some loans into permanent moves.

mechaishida

I'm not sure whether we'll challenge for automatic promotion or the play offs. However, I am pretty certain we will not be fighting relegation. What a nice change!

TM's the man with a plan, it's just refreshing to have a manager that is competent at the full spectrum of managerial tasks asked of him - he wants one thing: automatic promotion.

I believe he'll achieve it. PUSB.

Otis

I'm struggling to think of 6 better teams than us.. struggling to think of two. Autos it is!

To me everything now hinges on 2 things:

1. That we avoid an injury crisis to significant players

2. That we retain the services of the key loan players past January, or are able to bring in adequate replacements. Finding another goal scorer like Armstrong is going to be hard task for TM. These sorts of players are not ten a penny.

lifeskyblue

For me the next few games to January are crucial. We have our current loans and are top of league. If we can get 3 wins and couple of draws (no more than 1 loss) I will be very happy. Should still be top and if we lose a couple of current loans I am sure good replacements (and their managers) would see us as a place to come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specs WT-R75

To me everything now hinges on 2 things:

1. That we avoid an injury crisis to significant players

2. That we retain the services of the key loan players past January, or are able to bring in adequate replacements. Finding another goal scorer like Armstrong is going to be hard task for TM. These sorts of players are not ten a penny.

Good job Murphy is scoring for fun then :) Obviously it will be _easier_ with Armstrong, but if we are still close to top in January and Armstrong goes then I am sure there will be other forwards that want to come on loan to us... and we still have options!

Kent goes... Maddison returns
Armstrong goes... Murphy to step up with support from MAF and Tudgay

I am more concerned about replacing Turner right now tbh with you!

Rich

Good job Murphy is scoring for fun then :) Obviously it will be _easier_ with Armstrong, but if we are still close to top in January and Armstrong goes then I am sure there will be other forwards that want to come on loan to us... and we still have options!

Kent goes... Maddison returns
Armstrong goes... Murphy to step up with support from MAF and Tudgay

I am more concerned about replacing Turner right now tbh with you!

I don't mean to be the voice of negativity, but Murphy has had three good games. He's on a purple patch, Arma has had 15 good games. Let's hope Murphy continues this form.

Specs WT-R75

I don't mean to be the voice of negativity, but Murphy has had three good games. He's on a purple patch, Arma has had 15 good games. Let's hope Murphy continues this form.

Think you are being slightly unfair on the lad, but point taken :) We have to plan for all eventualities - if Armstrong leaves (and all the signs are that he will not be) then I trust Mowbray to bring in the right replacement. If we have to go with Murphy upfront with MAF for a game or two then so be it. It allows for someone else to come into the midfield like Maddison. Glass is most definitely half full for me at the moment. Lets hope it stays that way after tomorrow night!

Liquid Gold

Saturday evening and yesterday morning I was buzzing and thought we were guaranteed top two. Now there is a game coming up and I'm shitting myself that we're going to get beaten and start to drop. Its a rollercoaster ride being a city fan

Ranjit Bhurpa

TM's the man with a plan, it's just refreshing to have a manager that is competent at the full spectrum of managerial tasks asked of him - he wants one thing: automatic promotion.

I believe he'll achieve it. PUSB.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Can't help but think how we were all feeling after the Crewe defeat in April when they were pretty much our equal in terms of league position and relegation prospects. Admittedly TM was in charge for that match but with an inherited squad. Just 20 league games on, the difference between them and us is startling.

Onwards and upwards with TM.

bringbackrattles

Saturday evening and yesterday morning I was buzzing and thought we were guaranteed top two. Now there is a game coming up and I'm shitting myself that we're going to get beaten and start to drop. Its a rollercoaster ride being a city fan
That's just the reality of being a Cov City fan,I too was buzzing after our performance on Saturday,even got a couple of rounds in after the match ! If we get three points at Bradford on Tuesday night followed by three more against Doncaster,tell you what put the champagne on ice my friend !

Bertola

But we have to lose at some point, and if it is tomorrow, we'll still be top

Users who are viewing this thread