Empty Seats (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

So, realistically, crowds will be anywhere between 11k and 17k this season

what can the club do to fill a 3rd full ground ?

torchomatic

On a related note, i wonder just how people there are who say they won't go until SISU are gone? Tens or hundreds?

CJparker

Maybe close of some areas of the ground, as done with RAF corner, to get fans more concentrated.

I think that if we have a good season then crowds might start to exceed those of last season...

ampthill_sba

I blame LOCOG there really shouldn't be any empty seats at the Ricoh there are millions of fans that want to come its just the tickets are distributed unfairly and all the 25000 empty seats are reserved for the 'sky blue family, friends and sponsors'

LoL

spwaverley4916

give free tickets to the schools in the Coventry Area - 100 tickets to each secondary school (23), 50 tickets to primary schools (93) and then let it be known that for any member of the armed forces home on leave gets 2 free tickets. the scools would total about 7000 plus the lads and lasses from the forces. So an average gate could be boosted up to 23000. costs to the club - printing and distribution.
who knows some of them might even come back to another game. !!!!!!

pusbccfc

give free tickets to the schools in the Coventry Area - 100 tickets to each secondary school (23), 50 tickets to primary schools (93) and then let it be known that for any member of the armed forces home on leave gets 2 free tickets. the scools would total about 7000 plus the lads and lasses from the forces. So an average gate could be boosted up to 23000. costs to the club - printing and distribution.

No income?
Out of 7000 at best 1500 would come back?

The only way really is on the big games, drop the tickets to a tenner and fill it out!

ccfcway

I agree, we might as well get bums on seats at an early age...

I support CCFC due to getting a free ticket when my school was given some tickets by the club for a home game against Luton..

Before that game (i was 6), i didnt have much of an interest, but they have had several thousands of pounds off me since, so even if they get 10 new long term fans it has to be worth getting the kids there.

spwaverley4916

my option was to assist in filling empty seats, in the short term. if 1500 come back thats 1500 more than we would normally have. No objection to charging £10 a game but I believe there are some FA rules that mean away supporters would have to given the same option. Dont want to fill the away end I want to have the away end reduced and filled with Cov Kids !!!

Lord_Nampil

2 unis in the city with international students as well, offers shud be made, Sheffield Hallam and sheff utd had 6 games a season at a £5er for students, something we do not do!! I no this as I was at uni there!!!

pusbccfc

my option was to assist in filling empty seats, in the short term. if 1500 come back thats 1500 more than we would normally have. No objection to charging £10 a game but I believe there are some FA rules that mean away supporters would have to given the same option. Dont want to fill the away end I want to have the away end reduced and filled with Cov Kids !!!

Wasn't there something on this last year? Aren't you allowed 3 games or something for local deals, the rest have to be for away fans also?

Currently the school tickets are not usually free. They charge about 30 quid a family(2 adults, 2 quid).

WillieStanley

Well, they've tried drooping the prices for matches, they've tried bundle deals. City have had some of the best ticketing deals around over the last few years and fans have still chosen not to take advantage.

We're getting back to the days before JH, where the City of Coventry view the club with empathy rather than pride.

If we challenge this season, it'll be the dawning of a new era.

ccfcway

Well, they've tried drooping the prices for matches, they've tried bundle deals. City have had some of the best ticketing deals around over the last few years and fans have still chosen not to take advantage.

We're getting back to the days before JH, where the City of Coventry view the club with empathy rather than pride.

If we challenge this season, it'll be the dawning of a new era.

even in top 6, we would just scrape 20k, leaving plenty of empty seats to explore the options

LastGarrison

2 unis in the city with international students as well, offers shud be made, Sheffield Hallam and sheff utd had 6 games a season at a £5er for students, something we do not do!! I no this as I was at uni there!!!

They used to do this and students could get tickets for £10 (so could staff which was a bonus as my missus worked there) but they suddenly just stopped it a couple of years ago.

You'd think that on the back of the Olympics and the exposure given to the ground that it would be an ideal time to start it back up again.

tomgault

this is all very well and good, but it isnt going to happen and we will still get about 12,000! the club hasnt got a clue about how to sell itself to the general public...

pusbccfc

There's some optimists on here,we'll being doing well to get 10,000, about 7,000 for midweek match.:thinking about:

I can't see us dropping below 10k! We've sold, what, 6-7k season tickets? Plus away fans would tend to bring more with the fact its the biggest and best ground! There's an average away attendance for league 1 teams and a majority are around 500, we should expect 600 away fans most games.

Nonleagueherewecome

I agree, we might as well get bums on seats at an early age...

I support CCFC due to getting a free ticket when my school was given some tickets by the club for a home game against Luton..

Before that game (i was 6), i didnt have much of an interest, but they have had several thousands of pounds off me since, so even if they get 10 new long term fans it has to be worth getting the kids there.

Was it that really dull 0-0 draw in the mid-80's? That was my first. Still loved it though.

@richh87

Did I not read somewhere we have sold more season tickets than last season already?

Another example of lies from SISU. They've claimed we've sold more - but there's no way. Me plus the 3 I go to games with have not renewed.

DukeOfCov

I don't recall Bristol giving us this option last seaso!!

Jimmy's Chin

Another example of lies from SISU. They've claimed we've sold more - but there's no way. Me plus the 3 I go to games with have not renewed.

Wow! That means that there are 4 less season tickets than last year so SISU must be lying. On no - wait a minute - could it be possible that other people may have bought a season ticket this season but didn't buy one last year? Do you know about the other 8000 or so season ticket holders from last year? Did you do a poll on the last day of the season to find out whether they were following your lead and not renewing?

Big Mo

To give a bit of balance I didn't get one last year as I knew it would be miserable. I was more than happy to get one this year as I have good reason to be optimistic and expect us to compete.

If others share a similar attitude I suspect we may sell more season tickets this year

Dont think that can be right as Bristol City reduced prices for home fans after Cov had sold their away allocation last year to try and match us.

wingy

On a related note, i wonder just how people there are who say they won't go until SISU are gone? Tens or hundreds?

Hope your not trolling Torchy ,while I had the Coffin I can confirm to you that It was no simple feat to stay outside the ground V Saints,a truelly horrible feeling but one I had to go through .
Hav'nt advised anyone to stop going and got my ST two weeks back as usual,guess they Know whatever they do or however badly they do it they can rely on raw emotion and blind faith to keep us going ,you must have had similar reservations when Richardson ran us into the ground.:)

BurbageSkyBlues

I suspect it is hundreds to thousands that have walked away because of sisu's behaviour. Whether they return or not, during Sisu's tenure, remains to be seen- it will be linked to success on the pitch, and how long it takes for that to happen. The longer the delay, the more fans will become permanently disassociated from the club, giving sisu as the reason

Just my opinion, but it is vital that we make an immediate return, and I think sisu know this, judging by the players coming in (as opposed to just selling like last year)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

I hope you weren't sudying English! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Seamus1

I would like to see the top 10-20 rows of the 3 main stands blocked off, bring all the crowd closer to the pitch to generate some kind of intimidating atmosphere to the opposing team. I don't like the notion of having blocks covered by huge tarpaulins, as that just means there is no buzz in those sections. I would rather see the front ten rows all around the ground full, rather than all the rows of a select few blocks full, and people's voices being lost when way up in the gods.

There is nothing wrong with the ticket prices in my eyes, we are comparable with other clubs in the same League as us. Nuneaton Town I noticed charge £12 for a game of non League!

As an aside, and before I write this I wish to state that the fans who do go to the games are tremendous, but the simple fact is that in terms of numbers of fans, Coventry City has a pretty pathetic following.

Before I get abuse, allow me to explain. I am fed up of reading posts, on other sites, saying that if we signed a player for half a million or a million, then we would instantly see crowds of 24k+. What absolute tosh. When we were in the Premier League, with the likes of Keane, McAllister, Hadji, Chippo, Dublin, Huckerby et al being branded an entertaining team (season 99-00) and playing in what many seemed to believe was the most accessible of stadia, did we ever have a season where we averaged over 20,000? I think the closest was 97-98 when we averaged about 19,800, only lost 2 home games, and even that season I remember games where the attendance was less than 14,000 (Wimbledon on a Monday night, when the biggest cheer was to welcome Magnus Hedman back from his ankle injury at the end of the game).

The one thing that Manchester City, Nottingham Forest, Leicester City, Leeds United, and Southampton always had when they were relegated was a strong support that lifted them, and what do all those clubs have in common (apart from having bounced back from League one...eventually)...they have all recently been taken over, or in Leeds case were close to being taken over, because investors saw the potential not only on the pitch, but in the (volume of) support as well. Sadly Coventry City does not have that

Users who are viewing this thread