Elliott and Hoffman (1 Viewer)

cloughie

On CWR at midday Joe Elliott said Fisher had ask them to come back into the club set up, in what capacity he didn't say

Is this sisu trying to look more attractive to the council ?

Grendel

It's mr Coventry trying to get his free seat back.

mattylad

His seat was never free, as I advised in another post he singularly sponsored our youth team for over ten years.

yet again the club think we are so naive to be excited by this, seriously even if his does return to the board what difference will it make, will it scare next seasons opposition, or will it bring housands flooding back, its laughable, when is the kit launch because im waiting to see what bullshit they have instore for us this year after confirming king was staying the day before last years launch day

Grendel

Oddly I've just seen him (Elliot) on his mobile talking loudly about Gary, Chinese investors etc. so who knows.

Grendel

Maybe it was Gary & a Chinese takeaway. I am assuming this is not actually true?

It is actually - Kenilworth High Street

Grendel

Hmm. Interesting. Particularly as this has come from yourself (normally sceptical about these things). Although he was probably just talking about the CET headlines.

Probably but he was fairly animated and said they were still trying to make things happen. Odd.

Grendel

What did you do, go and stand beside him for ten minutes while he was on the phone?

No I was walking behind him - only he can wear a mustard safari jacket. He is rather loud and those were the type of phrases he was saying. I don't make things up what's the point and it proves nothing anyway from what was said. I only mentioned it as I was posting my free seat quip and there he was. He shops in the quality supermarket there.

AFCCOVENTRY

Important part from all the dross reporting...

"If me and Gary are on the inside rather than the outside, there might be ways we can work together to get something positive for the club, whether it be investment or co-investment." Joe Elliott

CO-INVESTMENT

coundonskyblue

Didn't the Malaysian's at Cardiff just co-invest to start with, then bought out the rest of the club at a later date?

I think this would be a sensible way forward for all concerned.

I want Sisu gone as much as the next person, but I will take anything right now.

AFCCOVENTRY

Didn't the Malaysian's at Cardiff just co-invest to start with, then bought out the rest of the club at a later date?

I think this would be a sensible way forward for all concerned.

I want Sisu gone as much as the next person, but I will take anything right now.

Yes i think so...

Same happened at QPR...

Best way to takeover the club is from within... the money power of Wanda makes SISU look like Wonga.com with their interest rates....

Otis

Well I did hint at this the other day.

Sisu's money for the Ricoh is from Hoffman's investors.

Quite possible that co-investment now would only be temporary and a takeover would simply be down the line.

Obviously.... and this is all completely hypothertical of course, if this Wanda geezer is so interested in the club he could just buy it anyway and doesn't need to co-invest, but by the same token, Sisu could well be refusing to sell and only want co-investment as they see this as being a golden opportunity and only way to get a return on their investors' money.

In saying all this though, I still don't believe we will entice any Chinese investors and this is all just pie in the sky talk about billionaires and massive investment etc.

Godiva

You shouldn't underestimate sisu's abillity to raise new funds, especially as the financial climate is warming up (slowly).

However it would be good news if Hoffman/Elliott and sisu have put aside their differencies. It would unite the fans and the club as well as the club and the community.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
just a couple of riders to add to your last post Otis

- If the the chinese guy is for real ......

he might not be able to go straight to buying the interest in ACL because there might presently be an exclusivity agreement for a period that means negotiations with SISU have to be concluded one way or another before others can be included or offered the chance

the option belongs to CCFC - it can not be transferred to any one else or a another company. So any other negotiation with some one other than ccfc will not be based on the option if they want the interest. That is of course if the option is still valid considering the club is currently in breach of contract by not paying the rent

he could go for the freehold but that is in the hands of the council who i suspect are in no great hurry to sell that - although open to the prospect. But he would then be left with a long term basket case of a tenant ..... needing to do deal with sisu somehow

nothing is ever simple with CCFC is it!

Paxman II

I go with that OSB and if there is such a guy with so much money to burn and wanting a publicity foothold in the UK then coming straight in to buy the freehold would be pocket change to the guy and get the football club along with it for all the self promoting you can muster sending them to the premier league aka man City.

....wait a minute I just woke up;)

theprince

i told you weeks ago the Chinese investor does exist and is fully committed to getting hold of City. Now that may disappoint you but is fact. This has been sat on for almost a ,,year because Gary Hoffman is proffesional and not a Joe Dinsah type. A lot of groundwork has been done and Hoffman and Elliott returning to the club in some way is another step in the right direction. As for the Chinese fellow be excited about him, he will i am sure be the real deal.He can live with the Abramovics and Sheik Monsoors of this world. A personal fortune of billions, a business fortune of billions more but the main thing i have been told is he will not accept second best, has to be good news for us. So lets get this sisu crowd out and sit back and enjoy the ride.
In Hoffman I trust !

mark82

i told you weeks ago the Chinese investor does exist and is fully committed to getting hold of City. Now that may disappoint you but is fact. This has been sat on for almost a ,,year because Gary Hoffman is proffesional and not a Joe Dinsah type. A lot of groundwork has been done and Hoffman and Elliott returning to the club in some way is another step in the right direction. As for the Chinese fellow be excited about him, he will i am sure be the real deal.He can live with the Abramovics and Sheik Monsoors of this world. A personal fortune of billions, a business fortune of billions more but the main thing i have been told is he will not accept second best, has to be good news for us. So lets get this sisu crowd out and sit back and enjoy the ride.
In Hoffman I trust !

Any idea when something might happen then?

Users who are viewing this thread