EFL Update (1 Viewer)

JulianDarbyFTW

EFL statement: Board update

The following matters were addressed at today’s EFL Board meeting.

COVENTRY CITY

The EFL Board has today been appraised of the latest position of Coventry City, following an EFL request for confirmation in regard to where the Club will stage its home matches in the 2019/20 season.

The Club is not yet in a position to provide absolute clarity of its plans, but is continuing to work with the relevant parties, as they attempt to meet the EFL’s ultimate objective of ensuring they continue to play in the city of Coventry on a long term basis.

At this stage, Coventry City still face the prospect of an Extraordinary General Meeting of Clubs being convened to consider their expulsion from the League on 25 April if they are unable to satisfy the requirements in line with EFL Regulations. EFL Clubs would need to be notified no later than 2 April 2019 of an EGM and, in the interim period, Coventry City will be given every opportunity to develop and present a suitable solution.

The EFL understands that it is the Club’s preference to extend their stay at the Ricoh Arena for future seasons and would view this as a sensible and suitable solution to the matter.

EFL Chief Executive, Shaun Harvey, said: “We have today reviewed the position of Coventry City, and while we are still some distance away from having absolute confirmation, the EFL will continue to work with the Club to progress every possible avenue in order to reach an appropriate resolution.”

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Just posted it in the other thread, the board are kicking this can down the road they better come up with a solution quick if wasps don't budge!

stay_up_skyblues

Why are they commenting on the EFL’s position on Chalrton, Blackpool and Bolton? I don’t the way this is going. It sounds like they’re preparing to bring the FL into this if/when it goes tits up.

ccfcway

Why are they commenting on the EFL’s position on Chalrton, Blackpool and Bolton? I don’t the way this is going. It sounds like they’re preparing to bring the FL into this if/when it goes tits up.

They have just copied FL statement. That said, you’re last comment may well be right.

Captain Dart

What chance that the appeal is thrown out before 2nd April?
Odds are the court would have considered the appeal but no information will have been released to the public. I don't know if the parties involved will get a heads up on which way it has gone before the formal judgement is out.

Chipfat

I think they are all waiting on this outcome on this although what it changes nobody outside of Sisu would know. It will completely up to them on what they do next but im sure they have a plan for each scenario. We now have another deadline of 2nd April maybe some other news will come out before then.

Westendlad

Talking of odds...........Nick. You going to let us bet on the outcome ?.....If so i'm doing all my hard earned on one year extension at the Ricoh and this time time next year sisu will just be a bad memory....

Nick

Administrator
Talking of odds...........Nick. You going to let us bet on the outcome ?.....If so i'm doing all my hard earned on one year extension at the Ricoh and this time time next year sisu will just be a bad memory....
If somebody wants to give a list of odds :)

JulianDarbyFTW

The key quote, to me, is the 'ultimate objective of ensuring they continue to play in the city of Coventry on a long term basis'. As I read it, that implies that a short term move is acceptable.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

What happens if we don’t sort it by the second, a vote is called but we sort it on say, the 20th?

Does the vote still happen? But more of a formality?

Magwitch

The key quote, to me, is the 'ultimate objective of ensuring they continue to play in the city of Coventry on a long term basis'. As I read it, that implies that a short term move is acceptable.
Said on another thread I got the back end of something on Trishas program and certain something about acceptional circumstances would be considered was mentioned about using another venue.

Nick

Administrator
Why is anybody shocked that a ground share would be allowed?

Do people expect the EFL to say "It's the Ricoh or you are out of the League?"

no_loyalty

Why is anybody shocked that a ground share would be allowed?

Do people expect the EFL to say "It's the Ricoh or you are out of the League?"

If the vote swings in our favour, then a ground share would have to happen. I think the 6 mile from city centre rule, is made up bullshit from Fisher.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

If the appeal is thrown out they will either take it to the European Court (if that is legally available) or instigate civil proceedings. They aren't going to give up yet.

ccfcway

If the appeal is thrown out they will either take it to the European Court (if that is legally available) or instigate civil proceedings. They aren't going to give up yet.

You can remove the word “yet”. They are in this for the long haul. We will still be talking about them in court in 2025

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

You can remove the word “yet”. They are in this for the long haul. We will still be talking about them in court in 2025

This is my biggest fear. If Wasps stay dug in we are either away from Coventry for years (effectively killing the club slowly) or building the Tim Fisher Bullshitdome

GaryJones

Simplistic idea to get a deal done.
Its a concept of an idea so dont shoot me down about the £-figures as these could be altered.

Wasps should offer CCFC a 5 year deal to play at The Ricoh for free and let the court case continue and insert a clause.
If Sisu are successful in court then they have nothing to pay to play at The Ricoh for the 5 years and any award Wasps would pay would be offset against an extended rent agreement however if they are unsuccessful they should pay £2/£3 million a season rent for the 5 years plus various add-ons for promotions etc
If Wasps have nothing to fear this is a no-brainer.

Nick

Administrator
The only thing is, if it is awarded "against" Wasps dont they have to pay the Council rather than CCFC? (if that is the outcome anyway).

shmmeee

The only thing is, if it is awarded "against" Wasps dont they have to pay the Council rather than CCFC? (if that is the outcome anyway).

Doesn’t this plan rely on the Council then selling to Sisu? I don’t get how the legals don’t just take us back to square one.

What’s the game plan??

Nick

Administrator
Doesn’t this plan rely on the Council then selling to Sisu? I don’t get how the legals don’t just take us back to square one.

What’s the game plan??
I don't think there is one really.

Like you say, if by some massive miracle they reverse the sale and it goes back to the council they won't sell to sisu.

Only realistic way is that the council allow sisu to sell with a lease ready to be signed by a new owner to get more for it as a package.

That's Dreamworld stuff though!

Brighton Sky Blue

Simplistic idea to get a deal done.
Its a concept of an idea so dont shoot me down about the £-figures as these could be altered.

Wasps should offer CCFC a 5 year deal to play at The Ricoh for free and let the court case continue and insert a clause.
If Sisu are successful in court then they have nothing to pay to play at The Ricoh for the 5 years and any award Wasps would pay would be offset against an extended rent agreement however if they are unsuccessful they should pay £2/£3 million a season rent for the 5 years plus various add-ons for promotions etc
If Wasps have nothing to fear this is a no-brainer.

Would get half of the bond paid but not the other. Maybe £1 million for every Craplin goal?

Limey

One of Sisu's main beef is they were not offered same deal as wasps. We're still awaiting their statement but what if they came out and said they will drop legals if part ownership is up for negotiation along same terms?
Seems pretty obvious that a more lucrative deal is available to someone but not sisu. What would wasps reaction be to that?
Maybe naive outlook on my part. (Sisu also want that sort of deal for nothing)

Users who are viewing this thread