EFL Analytics Blog (1 Viewer)

CanadianCCFC

Andreu is going to show up at robins office tomorrow morning with that second graph demanding a run in the team

Sky Blue Pete

Love to see the statistics lie camp and I believe my eyes more than the graphs. Think Doyle and Bayliss have once again been excellent for us. Andreu is class but needs more time to get match fit and he plays at a different speed. A fit and performing Andreu would be great for us

mark82

Love to see the statistics lie camp and I believe my eyes more than the graphs. Think Doyle and Bayliss have once again been excellent for us. Andreu is class but needs more time to get match fit and he plays at a different speed. A fit and performing Andreu would be great for us

Andreu may have been a better replacement for Bayliss in central midfield this past weekend (assuming he's fit). Honestly think he's more suited to that role than the "second striker" role he seems to have been deployed in. Think we need to be patient with him after his injury last year. As others with similar injuries have shown, it takes some time to get back up to speed and I think he was probably thrown into a main role too quickly.

better days

Andreu isn't fit at the moment which is why he hasn't featured
He should be back fairly soon - it's nothing to do with his ACL

mark82

Andreu isn't fit at the moment which is why he hasn't featured
He should be back fairly soon - it's nothing to do with his ACL

He's still clearly not fully recovered from his ACL though. It takes time to get back up to speed after any long lay off.

better days

He's still clearly not fully recovered from his ACL though. It takes time to get back up to speed after any long lay off.
True
He was having to play earlier in the season as we were so short of numbers but it was probably too much too soon

steve82

Just been reading this, Andreu Saturday would of been my option but you have to assume he’s not fully fit and able.

Personally I think he’s so much to offer and this data gives evidence to that if he’s willing runners ahead of him to feed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greggs

Andreu should be moved on in Jan. No coincidence our form changed once he was dropped from the side. People will say he wasn't fit at the start of the season, but wasn't he approaching fitness towards the end of last term? I know he struggled for game time, but he had a good pre season, so his headless chicken act cannot be down to fitness.

Legia Sky Blue

Although I am a great fan of what Doyle brings us I would have thought his figures must be skewed by taking nearly all our set pieces. The last table is the most interesting for me though as it identifies those younger players (like Bayliss) who do provide a more attacking outlet. I was certainly impresssed by Accrington's Finley on Saturday, being the first time I had seen him. He was only at Fylde last season, but took a pay cut to join Accrington so a great signing by Coleman.

Mucca Mad Boys

Just been reading this, Andreu Saturday would of been my option but you have to assume he’s not fully fit and able.

Personally I think he’s so much to offer and this data gives evidence to that if he’s willing runners ahead of him to feed

Personally, Kelly would’ve been my choice in Bayliss’ absence. To me, Doyle and Ogogo isn’t the best combination we have in central midfield because neither are particularly confident at carrying the ball or linking up play. Kelly has a good range of passing that supplements Doyle well — even a fully fit Andreu is something of an unknown quantity in that deeper CM role. Bear in mind that he won’t be as far up the pitch to make those balls either.

Doyle is underrated in my opinion. The Sunderland game is fresh in my mind and his passing gave us momentum. There was a period in that game where we didn’t do anything with the ball and Doyle put two, maybe 3 balls into the box which led to half chances. Just kept momentum in our way. The stats back that up and he might not be the most accurate — he didn’t play well on Saturday despite redeeming himself with a goal — he’s integral to the team, no doubt about it.

steve82

Personally, Kelly would’ve been my choice in Bayliss’ absence. To me, Doyle and Ogogo isn’t the best combination we have in central midfield because neither are particularly confident at carrying the ball or linking up play. Kelly has a good range of passing that supplements Doyle well — even a fully fit Andreu is something of an unknown quantity in that deeper CM role. Bear in mind that he won’t be as far up the pitch to make those balls either.

Doyle is underrated in my opinion. The Sunderland game is fresh in my mind and his passing gave us momentum. There was a period in that game where we didn’t do anything with the ball and Doyle put two, maybe 3 balls into the box which led to half chances. Just kept momentum in our way. The stats back that up and he might not be the most accurate — he didn’t play well on Saturday despite redeeming himself with a goal — he’s integral to the team, no doubt about it.

I agree with Doyle, yes he’s prone to a wayward pass but he’s a first name on the sheet for me. Personally I’m happy with him sitting in. Works for me.

As for Andreu I’d play him in the checkatrade game in the deeper role and see if he’s still got the ability to contribute from a deeper position, not so sure I’d do it against Walsall where I’d go with a reliable Kelly and Doyle partnership but let Kelly have some freedom to press like we seen in the play off second leg. Kelly was outstanding that night given license to play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread