Eddie howe leaves bournemouth

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Took the club from 2nd bottom in league 2 to 5 consecutive Premier league seasons finishing a high 9th place.

Over a 40% win ratio covering a decade as manager over 2 spells..

Much respect

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
For once I think the 'left by mutual consent' line might actually be true.

Reactions: Evo1883

no_loyalty

Feb 24, 2015
Howe did a decent job at Bournemouth but was given the full backing of their rich owner, I expect he will get another premier league job when the time is right, my money would be on West Ham, Crystal Palace or Villa.

Reactions: Brighton Sky Blue

Covstu

Aug 17, 2008
Costa del Cov
Must admit I thought he would have had a stab at getting them back up. I think that the squad around him is about to be sold back to the prem is probably a factor

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
I see Sky are on the case this morning trying to get Chris Hughton to the top of the list, just what they need a dour manager who plays defensive football, some funny names mentioned though Harry Redknapp. I am just waiting for Sol Campbell to throw his name forward.

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
I can the football they play is awful long ball rubbish, he is a bottom of the table scrapper.
I think he'd change his style with better players.
If he tried to be more expansive with the players he's got it probably wouldn't end well.
I've heard a few interviews with him and i think he's more of a progressive manager than people think.

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
Awful yet curiously they’re rarely in trouble
But never going to win anything and for me the manager is the same.

I see him as a manager that can scrape you 40 points but even at a good team I couldn’t see him getting you 90

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
I think he'd change his style with better players.
If he tried to be more expansive with the players he's got it probably wouldn't end well.
I've heard a few interviews with him and i think he's more of a progressive manager than people think.
I am not sure he signed supposedly better players at Burnley and leaves them out to keep playing the big giants up front. He signed Vydra who had done well before and never plays him.

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
I can, the football he plays is rubbish for any team with any expectation beyond mid table
it's definitely not good to watch but as I said to Terry gibsons perm I think he might change with better players.
I've based that purely on a couple of interviews I've heard with him where he seems a bit more enlightened football wise than a lot of people think.

Having said that Alladyce was also in to all the Psychology and sports science etc and he didn't change his philosophy so maybe Dyche is cut from the same cloth.

RingoCCFC

Aug 2, 2020
40 points manager? In the Prem yeah... Look what he did for Bournemouth though... you can’t knock that! I think he had to adapt their style as a result of their lack of quality and depth! Wilson and King need to be fed opportunities and the rest of the squad lack the ability to create them. They were never going to be a top table team in the prem!

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
After a few years in the prem teams get into this mindset of won’t get relegated and it catches up with them in the end like it did to us. Some of the recent signings at Bournemouth have been shockers look at Solanke and Ibe. they also had a goalkeeper who didn’t save much when they could have got Jack Butland ( who is a good goalkeeper at the wrong club).

I don’t think there will be a huge rush from any of the top teams to get Howe and we may be seeing him on Sky for a while and then being linked to every job.

no_loyalty

Feb 24, 2015
I don’t think there will be a huge rush from any of the top teams to get Howe and we may be seeing him on Sky for a while and then being linked to every job.
Could he fade into the abyss like Curbishley?

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
I can, the football he plays is rubbish for any team with any expectation beyond mid table
Is he the New Big Sam .
Although I doubt they will end up like Bolton .
Seem to be more sensibly run than that.
Currently at least

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
Is he the New Big Sam .
Although I doubt they will end up like Bolton .
Seem to be more sensibly run than that.
Currently at least
Yeah, I think Dyche has been critical of their prudence a bit sometimes though. He has many similarities with Allardyce