Eastwood given 24 hours... (1 Viewer)

Peter Griffin

From the Cov Telegraph:

Freddy Eastwood given 24 hours to consider Sky Blues move

Jul 2 2008
FREDDY EASTWOOD has been given 24 hours to decide if he wants to join Coventry City.
Chris Coleman has given the Welsh international striker another day to mull over a potential move, according to Wales Online
The Sky Blues and Eastwood's club, Wolverhampton Wanderers, agreed a £1million fee for the centre-forward last week.
But the move looked to have collapsed after Eastwood failed to agree personal terms.
However Coleman has given the highly-rated forward an extra 24 hours to think the move through as he searches for a striker who can fire the Sky Blues to the Premier League.
Eastwood was placed on the transfer list by Wolves at the end of last season after falling down the pecking order in Mick McCarthy's squad.

I reckon him and Morrison will be City players by Friday, I just have a feeling...

Nick

Administrator
Damn, you beat News Reader to it :)

I would like to see them both here, although I think Morrison would want massive wages? I was speaking to a guy I work with who is a Palace fan who has said he has been told to take a wage cut or he can go for free!

Peter Griffin

I pride myself on being quick on the draw! ;)

I think Morrison is now an ex-player. Whether or not he'll be signing on for City I don't know. If rumours of Reading's interest are true I wouldn't be surprised to see him pitch up there.

As for Eastwood I think Wolves know we've got other options and MM knows Eastwood has to be sold to free up extra transfer funds, I can't believe they're being so pedantic over £200,000-especially after we offered to pay the other £200,000.

As for those saying Eastwood is gready, look at his career so far, he hasn't been on particularly good money anywhere yet, and he couldn't get a career ending injury tomorrow. £400,000 would be enough to set him up for the rest of his life if the worst happened. Fair play to him I say, Wolves gave him a contract, they should honour it. Let's just hope we see him in sky blue soon.

Nick

Administrator
I did hear Morrison played for free when Palace were in trouble?

That is a good bloke! :)

1987ccfc

Playing for nothing I do that every Sunday

Peter Griffin

From Sky Sports News:

Coleman wants strike duo

Morrison and Eastwood remain targets for Sky Blues

Last updated: 9th July 2008

Morrison: Wanted by Coventry

Coventry City boss Chris Coleman has confirmed his interest in Clinton Morrison and still hopes to sign Freddy Eastwood.

Morrison is a target for Coventry and Championship rivals Queens Park Rangers after turning down a new contract at Crystal Palace.
The striker is available on a free transfer after Palace manager Neil Warnock withdrew the offer and Coleman believes Morrison could do a job at the Ricoh Arena.
"He's very capable at this level to score goals," Coleman told Sky Sports News.
"If I said we weren't interested I'd be telling you a lie because there maybe a conversation there, but there'll be others in for Clinton."

Very good player

Wolves forward Eastwood is also a target for the Sky Blues, who have spent several months trying to sign the Wales international.
The deal appeared to collapse due to an issue with Eastwood's contract at Molineux, but Coleman is yet to give up on the transfer.
He added: "Freddy is another player and that's no secret. I think he's a very good player, he's a Welsh international.
"We've come very close to signing Freddy, but it's not quite happened. I'm not saying it's not going to happen, it may still, but it's gone on for a long time now with Freddy."

Peter Griffin

And from the Cov Telegraph:

Freddy Eastwood still on Coventry City radar

Jul 9 2008 By Andy Turner

CHRIS COLEMAN admits Freddy Eastwood is still very much on his radar despite the deal looking to have hit an impasse.
The Coventry City boss remains an admirer of the transfer-listed Wolves player whose move to the Ricoh Arena was halted due to a contractual issue which the Sky Blues insist remains between the striker and Wanderers.
"I wouldn't say it was finished but it has gone quiet," said Coleman, who is still actively looking to strengthen his squad.
"Football being football, who knows? It could happen tomorrow or it might never happen, I don't know.
"It is public knowledge that he is someone that I have liked, especially the way we want to play because I think he would be good, but as of yet nothing else has happened.
"But we have still got a bit of time. We were pretty close at one point with that particular deal. It didn't work out, but you never say never."
He added: "It's hard getting players because just when you think you have got someone it can go wrong, and until they are signed you never count your chickens.
"We have been close for two or three weeks with one particular player and it hasn't happened as yet.
There has been a lot of to-ing and fro-ing but I am optimistic that there will be at least one more, maybe two, maybe three.
"Three would be great for us but I think there will be at least one more before then end of this window anyway."

Nick

Administrator
It sells papers though doesnt it!

You see the headline you want to buy it thinking there is news. I just read it on the website it is free :)

Peter Griffin

I'm starting to find this all quite funny!

From the Express and Star:

Coventry still want Eastwood

eastwood.thumbnail.jpeg

All indications point to Freddy Eastwood’s transfer to Coventry finally going ahead - with the striker pulled from Wolves’ first pre-season friendly to avoid injury and Sky Blues boss Chris Coleman declaring the £1.2m deal isn’t dead.
The deal to take the former Southend striker to the Sky Blues has remained deadlocked for two weeks because of a dispute over settlement on Eastwood’s contract.
Now it looks as if there may be an end to the matter, so much so that Wolves’ boss Mick McCarthy is refusing to risk Eastwood at Wrexham on Saturday.
He said: “Freddy won’t play a part on Saturday at all. As far as I’m aware, he’s going to Coventry.
“Chris Coleman was on Sky TV this morning saying he wants to sign him, so I’m not speaking out of turn.
“It would be madness of me to take him to Wrexham and play him for 45 minutes, for him to get kicked and pick up an injury.

“If he’s leaving anyway and I’m not going to play him, then I might as well not take him.
“I might as well take someone who is going to be involved.”
The main focus of the dispute had been a dispute over the settlement of Eastwood’s contract.
Wolves maintain they have done all they are prepared to do to make the transfer happen.
They are refusing to budge any more on their side of the deal and have tried to persuade Eastwood’s advisors that they should accept Sky Blues’ terms, or risk more frustration at Molineux.
Eastwood has been offered a four-year contract which matches his Molineux wages, with the chance to earn more with appearance money and bonuses, plus a settlement on his Wolves deal.
Yet Coleman has dropped a hint of encouragement that Eastwood can still become a Sky Blues player.
He said: “I wouldn’t say it’s finished but it has gone quiet. But football being football, who knows?
“It could happen tomorrow or it might never happen, I don’t know.
“It’s public knowledge that he’s someone I have liked, especially the way we’d like to play because I think he’d be good.
“As of yet, nothing has happened, but we’ve still got a bit of time. We were pretty close at one point with that particular deal, but it never worked out, but you never say never.”
Eastwood is one of seven players transfer-listed by boss Mick McCarthy at the end of last season.
But as yet, the 24-year-old is the only player who appears close to a move.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread