Dropped Points (1 Viewer)

gally9

For me this stat of 21pts dropped from winning positions says it all. To me it says our team can't be that bad because we got into those winning positions in the first place, we haven't had a tonking of any team for a long long time.

If we had just half those points we would still be in the shit, but we could get out of it.

We score a goal, take the lead, and sit deeper and deeper and deeper until inevitably the other team scores, they then have momentum, and inevitably, will score again.

Who coaches them, who tells them what to do, who is responsible for there fragile confidence?

Who when we were winning at half time yesterday changed the formation?

Andy Thorn

Who when asked why we concede so many late goals said "I don't know"

It's alright, Andy don't know, when the majority of the fans on the ground around me are screaming were too deep.. Andy don't know.. Nice bloke, not good enough..

It's alright though cos "Andy don't know"

stupot07

He changed the formation after 20 mins not at half time.

Oh and I could see thorn and Harrison screaming at the back four to push up for the majority of the second half.

Nick

Administrator
We certainly came out for the second half in a different formation. In the first half Nimely was close to Platt for everything...

Otis

He changed the formation after 20 mins not at half time.

Oh and I could see thorn and Harrison screaming at the back four to push up for the majority of the second half.

Not so sure. Knowl too on GMK is saying AT changed it at half-time.

I was too busy watching us being overran by Ipswich to notice to be honest.

stupot07

He definitely changed it on 20 mins, I sit on the half way line in the tesco and saw AT telling nimely to come out wide right.

Nick

Administrator
Was deffo different after half time, I guess we will never know without asking AT or the players!

Glenn Storer

For me this stat of 21pts dropped from winning positions says it all. To me it says our team can't be that bad because we got into those winning positions in the first place, we haven't had a tonking of any team for a long long time.

If we had just half those points we would still be in the shit, but we could get out of it.

We score a goal, take the lead, and sit deeper and deeper and deeper until inevitably the other team scores, they then have momentum, and inevitably, will score again.

Who coaches them, who tells them what to do, who is responsible for there fragile confidence?

Who when we were winning at half time yesterday changed the formation?

Andy Thorn

Who when asked why we concede so many late goals said "I don't know"

It's alright, Andy don't know, when the majority of the fans on the ground around me are screaming were too deep.. Andy don't know.. Nice bloke, not good enough..

It's alright though cos "Andy don't know"

Actually, Andy doesn't coach them. Harrison does.

I honestly feel the root of the problems we've been having for the last few years can be laid at that mans feet. He's the sole common denominator through, C.C and A.B's tenures:

"22 May 2009 he took up the role of assistant to Chris Coleman at Coventry City. On 4 May 2010 Harrison was named caretaker manager of the club after Coleman was sacked, returning to his role as assistant manager on 20 May with the appointment of Aidy Boothroyd as manager. On 14 March 2011 he was again appointed caretaker manager, following Boothroyd's sacking.[3]"

It's since been heard that during training a Steve Harrison session culminates in a period of play in which the players cannot pass the ball forward until the ball is "secure" by that he means until 8 passes have been made between the players. This may or may not be utter bullshit, but I personally believe it.

I'm aware A.T isn't a tactical genius. But S.H has worked with England, Aston Villa, 'Boro to name a few and you would THINK that they would be able to coach a bit of sense into the lads.

I also think the lack of a fitness coach is seriously crippling the team. The young lads after 60+ minutes look like they've gone ten rounds with a heavy weight.

Brighton Sky Blue

Actually, Andy doesn't coach them. Harrison does.

I honestly feel the root of the problems we've been having for the last few years can be laid at that mans feet. He's the sole common denominator through, C.C and A.B's tenures:

"22 May 2009 he took up the role of assistant to Chris Coleman at Coventry City. On 4 May 2010 Harrison was named caretaker manager of the club after Coleman was sacked, returning to his role as assistant manager on 20 May with the appointment of Aidy Boothroyd as manager. On 14 March 2011 he was again appointed caretaker manager, following Boothroyd's sacking.[3]"

It's since been heard that during training a Steve Harrison session culminates in a period of play in which the players cannot pass the ball forward until the ball is "secure" by that he means until 8 passes have been made between the players. This may or may not be utter bullshit, but I personally believe it.

I'm aware A.T isn't a tactical genius. But S.H has worked with England, Aston Villa, 'Boro to name a few and you would THINK that they would be able to coach a bit of sense into the lads.

I also think the lack of a fitness coach is seriously crippling the team. The young lads after 60+ minutes look like they've gone ten rounds with a heavy weight.

We share a sports scientist/conditioning coach with Leicester Tigers. Whether that qualifies as a fitness coach is another matter, but we have someone with that general remit who's working on what would seem to be a part time basis. Either way, it's not really ideal.

Glenn Storer

We share a sports scientist/conditioning coach with Leicester Tigers. Whether that qualifies as a fitness coach is another matter, but we have someone with that general remit who's working on what would seem to be a part time basis. Either way, it's not really ideal.

It definitely isn't ideal, I mean you need a dedicated coach for fitness. I'm aware some people are going to say players of old would go out on the lash and then play the next day (don't get me wrong, MEGA KUDOS for that :D ) but the game is played at a different speed now. I wouldn't last ten minutes without leaving a lung on the halfway line...

Brighton Sky Blue

It definitely isn't ideal, I mean you need a dedicated coach for fitness. I'm aware some people are going to say players of old would go out on the lash and then play the next day (don't get me wrong, MEGA KUDOS for that :D ) but the game is played at a different speed now. I wouldn't last ten minutes without leaving a lung on the halfway line...

Of course it isn't, totally agree-and the fact that we lose the last one to Liverpool shows that we've lost a decent one at that. Shame we can't all be like Ian Botham eh :p

Glenn Storer

Of course it isn't, totally agree-and the fact that we lose the last one to Liverpool shows that we've lost a decent one at that. Shame we can't all be like Ian Botham eh :p

Maybe we just need to get them all on early morning Jack Daniels and a fag, seems to be keeping Motorhead's Lenny alive!

Seriously though, if I was going to give one of them the boot it'd be Harrison, I think we a decent number 2 A.T could could do a decent job.

skybluearmy88

Let's just look forward to a league one holiday. There are always ifs and buts. You cant live on what might of been. Let's just keep uniting in supporting the boys and if we are going down then let's go down fighting.

coop

Maybe we just need to get them all on early morning Jack Daniels and a fag, seems to be keeping Motorhead's Lenny alive!

Seriously though, if I was going to give one of them the boot it'd be Harrison, I think we a decent number 2 A.T could could do a decent job.
I agree he's seen off the last 3 managers I think

Glenn Storer

Let's just look forward to a league one holiday. There are always ifs and buts. You cant live on what might of been. Let's just keep uniting in supporting the boys and if we are going down then let's go down fighting.

That's basically what I keep saying! We're just still on tour lads, the authorities have had our passport and we're fighting to get it back......:pimp:

Users who are viewing this thread