Drinking in the stands (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

If I was going as a neutral to a Premier League game I'd be happy, but do I want everyone around me throwing beers in Singers Corner? Absolutely not.

torchomatic

Wish they would clamp down on smoking. There's a twat near me vaping away like the Flying Scotsman. I would say something but he's bigger. And younger.

rob9872

Be twunts up and down every two minutes between getting beer, going for a pee, coming in late, leaving early and before/after HT. Not to mention getting wet. No, terrible idea. Yes I'm old and miserable but you've got all week to drink including before and after the game plus half time already. Sometimes wonder if they even like football.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Lets go full-on retro......the standing, drinking, smoking & dancing end where you can walk up & pay cash on the day for a dose of full on behind the goal mayhem.....marvellous ....

better days

Ironic when there is talk of Twickenham reviewing whether fans can continue to take beer to their seats
And that's rugby fans............

Irish Sky Blue

Be twunts up and down every two minutes between getting beer, going for a pee, coming in late, leaving early and before/after HT. Not to mention getting wet. No, terrible idea. Yes I'm old and miserable but you've got all week to drink including before and after the game plus half time already. Sometimes wonder if they even like football.
Tem minutes before half time there is the pre half time rush. I come for the football, so to me it just seems mad to spend all that money on a ticket to miss 10% of the game. Even worse leaving 5 minutes before the end.

chiefdave

People near me are up and down constantly as it is. Bloke in front of me must disappear off into the stands 4 or 5 times each half for tea, crisps, chocolate, hot dogs. You'd miss half the game with everyone going for beers as well.

Covkid1968#

Yeah… singers corner would be carnage. I like a pint at half time but leave it if the game is kicking off…, so I’d be happy.

DannyThomas_1981

If only this had been allowed during our L1 relegation season - would have dulled the pain as I sank into a state of complete oblivion by the end of 90 minutes.

Liquid Gold

Ha. Overrated.
And I never drink (anything) at the ground anyway.
Really pisses me off when people are in and out past me in my gangway seat. Just get your beer in before kick-off or drink it in the fckn bar! Twats.
It only really works when you've got a proper terrace and you can just weave your way past people

D

Deleted member 2477

I got asked by a friend if i could get her husband and his mate a ticket for the play off final which i did. They both got to their seats 10 min after kick off then 30 minutes in they both went to the bar and spent the rest of the game on the piss in the bar watching the game on tv.

Cant wait for the piss heads to get up every 10 minutes for the loo and beer.
Terrible idea

Reppz

Such a lazy opinion. Every single other sport in the country you are allowed to consume alcohol within view of the play. Why haven't all those sports got this problem?

rob9872

Such a lazy opinion. Every single other sport in the country you are allowed to consume alcohol within view of the play. Why haven't all those sports got this problem?
Not a lazy opinion. Let's trial it. I guarantee game 1 will be carnage with those who do and don't getting upset with each other. The only way this could possibly work is to have a drinking corner just like singers corner where like minded folk can fall asleep, push each other over and soak each other in piss, lager, sick and probably other bodily fluids. I hope you're happy with your mates in there, but I'll watch the game thanks.

chiefdave

Rugby fans who are arrested much more per capita than football fans.

This football fan = thug, Rugby fan = gent thing is outdated snobbery that just doesn't apply.
Couple of years back I remember an interview on the news with someone from the British Transport Police. Was obviously on because they wanted him to give the football fans are hooligans line but he actually said they have far more trouble with rugby fans than football fans 😂

DannyThomas_1981

Rugby fans who are arrested much more per capita than football fans.

This football fan = thug, Rugby fan = gent thing is outdated snobbery that just doesn't apply.

Mate I see both sides of this.

Twickenham for me is a terrible experience as there is no atmosphere - it's mainly corporate with the "fans" in the stand attending their only match of the season - so they can brag about it to their mates in the golf club on the Sunday. Different in League admittedly.

But as for more rugby fans getting arrested per capita - not so sure. What do I mean by that? I see lots of behaviour at football that would not go unpunished at let's say cricket or rugby. As a recent example, Millwall fans last Saturday racing down 20-30 steps en masse to hurl abuse and obscenities at a Lino just a couple of feet away - over a disputed foul in a fairly innocuous area of the pitch. In any other game they'd be thrown out and most likely face charges. So not sure it's a fair stat as anti social behaviour that would not be tolerated in most other areas of life - still happens to some extent at the football (albeit in a different ball park since the 70s/80s).

Users who are viewing this thread