Doyle elbow (1 Viewer)

Ccfcsj

Looking at the Exeter forum, some of their fans are saying Doyle should have been sent off for an elbow today. Did anyone see it as I didn't

Mcbean

Just saw it on the telly - not that good hmmmmmmm but anyway the ref was looking directly at it

Paxman II

Yes. He did indeed put his elbow in to his chest in a sort of clumsy shoulder barge but it was more enthusiasm than anything reckless. In another game he could have been sent off but that would have been extremely harsh. The ref was right on the spot so Exeter can't claim it as a 'should have been a sending off'.

Hobo

It wasn't good (probably yellow) but hey, Duffy Notts County got away with a last man deliberate block off first leg, and deliberate elbow (to neck rather than chest ) second leg. But all refs decisions went against County? Plus Nolan and his crew tried their best to get Doyle sent off for a yellow offence (which he got). Cheating basically.

Exeter you sat too deep and you know it. Coventry have had a season of park the bus and have learnt how to unpick it. Did you really threaten until 80 minutes?

tigersb

They highlighted it on Sky
So that’s him out for the start of next season

Warwickhunt

The referee was looking directly at it so a panel cannot deem it was missed by the officials so they will not do retrospective punishment

skybluetony176

I think it’s fair to say that Doyle got away with it, although it was to the chest not the face. On the other hand though the lad he did it to was equally lucky if not more as it was his elbow that meant Stokes had to go of to recieve a stitch according to the Radio commentary at the time. So all in all it was equal and no advantage went our way through a bad decision.

D

Deleted member 4439

@2.10.

Outside the box. Was a clumsy attempt at being cynical. Red would have been harsh, but understandable.

Johnnythespider

I can't believe anyone thinks that's a red card, he doesn't swing his arm, Just pushes the guy with a forearm, yellow at worst.

rupert_bear

Was a daft thing to do though, watched on telly when I got back when you first see it it doesn’t look that bad but once Sky show it from multiple angles and that horrible City hating prick Don Goodman puts his two pennence in it looks worse every time looks very close to the penalty area too

hamil99

Facebook User
The thing that would make it a red is how he balls up his fist before ramming him, was clearly intent on giving him a whack. Still as mentioned the ref was looking straight at it so i don't think any action will be taken. Still pretty stupid in such a big match.

D

Deleted member 4439

Was a daft thing to do though, watched on telly when I got back when you first see it it doesn’t look that bad but once Sky show it from multiple angles and that horrible City hating prick Don Goodman puts his two pennence in it looks worse every time looks very close to the penalty area too

The angles simply show it as it is: actually a quite nasty block, though that doesn't mean that Doyle meant to hurt rather than block. Not even close to a pen but could have been seen as dangerous play (would have been harsh).

Users who are viewing this thread