Don't know if anyone has posted this about signings ??? (1 Viewer)

Sub

Coventry City manager Andy Thorn is hopeful of reinforcing his squad with a new striker in the January transfer window.
The Sky Blues
spacer.gif
are currently at the foot of the Championship table with just 16 points from 23 matches, five points from safety, and have scored only 18 goals.
Thorn
spacer.gif
has identified the attacking department as the area he needs to strengthen and has revealed that he has already discussed with his bosses about making a signing next month.
"I have had a chat with the powers that be about what I think we need to kick on and be successful and I am sure, as they have said, they are going to help me and hopefully that will be the case," he said in The Coventry Telegraph.
"That's an area I am desperate to improve us in and hopefully I can do that because a natural goalscorer is worth his weight in gold."
Departures

Thorn, though, is reluctant to disclose whether any player from the current squad will leave in January.
He added: "I don't know yet but I have told (board members) Steve [Waggott] and Tim [Fisher] what I think we need and they've promised to help me.
"As long as I get the opportunity to operate in the market and do what I want to do, I'll be happy.
"I understand and know the situation at the club but at least I know I can bring players in."

rob9872

You can have Howard

Big fat lazy lump but for years I always think he's one of those players who could do a job for us. Every time Phillips has come up I think "I wish we had signed him last time but now he's too old" and then he goes and does it again. I'm sure Howard would certainly still prove better than what we have.

rob9872

Pipe dream Sub we couldn't afford his wages. £15-£20k a week I think so even on a free I guess its a non-starter.

Sub

i know rob we havnt a pot to piss in (at the moment hopefully soon to change !!! )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread