Don't know about you lot.... (1 Viewer)

Greggs

but it was a lot more fun in L2 and L1 anyway. Getting beat and looking poor isn't my idea of entertainment. I guess the fact Robins is bullet proof means that we will be back in L1 next year. It was a good time, i like seeing us have shots and score the odd good goal. Stay happy people, it's only a game.

Skyblueweeman

OK Sorry. We are playing really well, so many shots and teams can't figure us out. We look phenomenal. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF LAST NIGHT!!! WOOO HOOOO. Can't wait till the next game!!! YEEEAAHHHHH.
fuck off

There's every right to be annoyed at last night. I am. It was a horror show.

We're not playing really well. We're not getting enough shots on target. Teams can figure us out. We don't look phenomenal.

But we're going through a bad patch with a sizeable injury list. Not long ago, we had one of the best records in the division for being undefeated - meaning teams couldn't work out how to beat us.

Other teams are the same - they'll have good patches and bad patches. The majority on here said we'd be lucky to survive this season. We'll we're currently doing so and have shown enough to do so by mid May.

Catch a grip of yourself and grow up.

rob9872

If we're gonna go down we need to keep Max, Shippers, Baka and Hyam who will all be good in L1 .... just sayin :cool:

Greggs

There's every right to be annoyed at last night. I am. It was a horror show.

We're not playing really well. We're not getting enough shots on target. Teams can figure us out. We don't look phenomenal.

But we're going through a bad patch with a sizeable injury list. Not long ago, we had one of the best records in the division for being undefeated - meaning teams couldn't work out how to beat us.

Other teams are the same - they'll have good patches and bad patches. The majority on here said we'd be lucky to survive this season. We'll we're currently doing so and have shown enough to do so by mid May.

Catch a grip of yourself and grow up.
because we totally shut up shop and were very lucky to nick a goal, oh yeah and we played a few poor teams. You wanna watch that every week?

rob9872

Walker and Godden will win us the league 1 title again 😬
After his start I imagine Godden would get a Championship move and Walker will be on Champ wages we couldn't afford in L1 so would be sold on.

cc84cov

OK Sorry. We are playing really well, so many shots and teams can't figure us out. We look phenomenal. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF LAST NIGHT!!! WOOO HOOOO. Can't wait till the next game!!! YEEEAAHHHHH.
fuck off
Can’t wait for the nex game to dominate possession with some loooooooovley football but get picked off 1-0 late 🤡😁😁🤣

Adge

If we're gonna go down we need to keep Max, Shippers, Baka and Hyam who will all be good in L1 .... just sayin :cool:
So we are wasting our time with them now in the side then as they are not up to the level?

rob9872

So we are wasting our time with them now in the side then as they are not up to the level?
It was tongue in cheek based being flippant on the comments about them, but no, I think they'll have either stepped up to the level by the summer or be moved on then and I do think we'll just about survive which had to have been our target this season despite some false positives.

Skyblueweeman

because we totally shut up shop and were very lucky to nick a goal, oh yeah and we played a few poor teams. You wanna watch that every week?

I'm sure like you, I want to watch exciting football whilst my team gets 3 points every week. Is that possible? Unlikely. Name me a club where it is.

And we've had to play more defensively in this division. Teams are far superior in this league in terms of budgets, experience, squad depth - you need to adapt. Our players are decent players (most of them anyway) and have taken time to find their feet.

We've had bad injuries so have had to adjust further. Name me one other team in the division that's had arguably their 3 best/most important players out for large chunks of the season?

Played a few poor teams? Half of the teams we've beat are above us in the league.

As Dave said, we were away to a team who've we beat this season but who sit 4th in the table. It's no shame in losing to better teams. Would I rather we didn't? Sure. Would I want a better performance with less mistakes? Sure.

Insinuating we'll be back in L1 next season is just melodramatic after a bad result. Have a cuppa, go stroke an owl and chill out.

cc84cov

I'm sure like you, I want to watch exciting football whilst my team gets 3 points every week. Is that possible? Unlikely. Name me a club where it is.

And we've had to play more defensively in this division. Teams are far superior in this league in terms of budgets, experience, squad depth - you need to adapt. Our players are decent players (most of them anyway) and have taken time to find their feet.

We've had bad injuries so have had to adjust further. Name me one other team in the division that's had arguably their 3 best/most important players out for large chunks of the season?

Played a few poor teams? Half of the teams we've beat are above us in the league.

As Dave said, we were away to a team who've we beat this season but who sit 4th in the table. It's no shame in losing to better teams. Would I rather we didn't? Sure. Would I want a better performance with less mistakes? Sure.

Insinuating we'll be back in L1 next season is just melodramatic after a bad result. Have a cuppa, go stroke an owl and chill out.
No issues getting beat but a lack of commitment and fight is not that’s from the management down last night was abysmal picking the same out of form player in Shipley is just showing his poor man management,he knew the game was over at 2-0 on the 46th min ? Why not go 2 up front and just have a fucking go the writing is on the wall if he does not change things next game

Sky Blue Harry H

the writing is on the wall if he does not change things next game

Are you asking that MR be sacked ? Or do you mean that you will moan about him being stubborn if he picks a formation/player you don't like. Not sure what you mean by that comment....

cc84cov

Are you asking that MR be sacked ? Or do you mean that you will moan about him being stubborn if he picks a formation/player you don't like. Not sure what you mean by that comment....
If we persist with this 1 up front not scoring conceding then the writing is on the wall - we will go down people need to wake the fuck up mate we’re not too good to go down far from it

Liquid Gold

L2 was fucking shocking. I remember coming away from Exeter when we didn’t turn up or Forest Green soaking wet after watching complete turgid football looking at us sat in mid table. Rose tinted specs of that season after we had a great run at the end.

The championship would be quality if we could go to games where there are proper attendances at proper stadiums.

AFCCOVENTRY

What is really annoying in games is where we are obviously performing poorly that Robins makes the most bizarre subs and timing of these plus doesn’t know how to change formation.

cc84cov

What is really annoying in games is where we are obviously performing poorly that Robins makes the most bizarre subs and timing of these plus doesn’t know how to change formation.
It’s beyond annoying between him and AV surely they can become more flexible last night like for like was just bizarre as it gets

mr_monkey

but it was a lot more fun in L2 and L1 anyway. Getting beat and looking poor isn't my idea of entertainment. I guess the fact Robins is bullet proof means that we will be back in L1 next year. It was a good time, i like seeing us have shots and score the odd good goal. Stay happy people, it's only a game.

You must remember the premiership years, some of that was a lot worse than what we have at the moment

So were the Andy Thorn, mark Venus and Russell Slade eras from recent memory.... If you want entertainment go be a Lester fan ;)

Greggs

You must remember the premiership years, some of that was a lot worse than what we have at the moment

So were the Andy Thorn, mark Venus and Russell Slade eras from recent memory.... If you want entertainment go be a Lester fan ;)
i do mate, but it was all i knew. I was only in my early teens - 18 when we first went down.

clint van damme

At the half way point we amassed 26 points. Enough to keep us up pro rata over the season.
We've lost our first game of the 2nd half of the season away to a play off contender. We're doing okay even though last night was horrendous

Sky Blue Harry H

If we persist with this 1 up front not scoring conceding then the writing is on the wall - we will go down people need to wake the fuck up mate we’re not too good to go down far from it

If we don't score and concede goals then we all know we will get relegated, as will any other team. Don't think anyone out there doesn't realise that. We do struggle playing four at the back, as it stops the full backs attacking (particularly Fankaty). The only way we can go 2 up front is if we play 3 in the middle, which leaves two from Hamer, James and Sheaf, with O'Hare as the one likely to take the third place for me. I'd happily give that a go for now, as it is asking a lot for either Max or Veektorrr to play the lone striker role (although I'd prefer Max, if it is only one up top, until I've seen more of Veektorrr)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

League 2 was horrendous. I have no interest in watching us slide down to play Forest Green, Cambridge or Newport.

Getting beat by Reading is far mor acceptable than watching Yeovil 6-2 Coventry, and Forest Green dicking us home and away...

League one was only entertaining the last 2 seasons. Mowbray season aside, League one prior to relegation was a horror show too. Nick Proschwitz, Josh McQoid were reall standouts

cc84cov

If we don't score and concede goals then we all know we will get relegated, as will any other team. Don't think anyone out there doesn't realise that. We do struggle playing four at the back, as it stops the full backs attacking (particularly Fankaty). The only way we can go 2 up front is if we play 3 in the middle, which leaves two from Hamer, James and Sheaf, with O'Hare as the one likely to take the third place for me. I'd happily give that a go for now, as it is asking a lot for either Max or Veektorrr to play the lone striker role (although I'd prefer Max, if it is only one up top, until I've seen more of Veektorrr)
Ok full backs can get forward but their crossing to 1 man how many goals have we scored from crossed balls this season ?

Frostie

No issues getting beat but a lack of commitment and fight is not that’s from the management down last night was abysmal picking the same out of form player in Shipley is just showing his poor man management,he knew the game was over at 2-0 on the 46th min ? Why not go 2 up front and just have a fucking go the writing is on the wall if he does not change things next game

Shipley had one of his better games v Millwall & we won the match. Dropping him then could equally be seen as poor man management.

If we went 2 up front, bearing in mind the 2 would be Baka & Biamou, & "had a go" & lost 5 or 6-0 what would that do for the players confidence?

Users who are viewing this thread