Doncaster home fixture re-arranged (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Hope nobody pre-booked trains from London !! (am a member of the London Supporters Club)

hill83

I'm down for ovetime on thursday night, so I'll be battered for this game now. A bit annoying.

Skybluebenno

It does make perfect sense for this game to be rearranged for the friday so that the players can have an extra days rest before Walsall game on monday.

But, why on earth was it arranged for the saturday in the first place? Especially if it wasn't even going to be on tv?!

Stafford_SkBlue

I was concerned that we were the only match scheduled for sat. Walsall playing fri.
At one time coventry worked good friday in the days of the car industry.

Grendel

I was concerned that we were the only match scheduled for sat. Walsall playing fri.
At one time coventry worked good friday in the days of the car industry.

They still do

Jcap

Not sure why you're blaming the football league. Both clubs have known about the fixture since July! Plenty of other clubs had enough nouse to change the date well in advance.

RoboCCFC90

Not sure why you're blaming the football league. Both clubs have known about the fixture since July! Plenty of other clubs had enough nouse to change the date well in advance.

Yeah well I can understand postponements for bad weather and stuff but when you booka ticket that you pay good money for to go and watch a game and then it get's rearranged, then excuse me for being a little ticked off!!

Jcap

Don't get me wrong I don't blame you for being extremely peed off - I would be too. I just think that the blame lies with the 2 clubs not the FL.

RoboCCFC90

Don't get me wrong I don't blame you for being extremely peed off - I would be too. I just think that the blame lies with the 2 clubs not the FL.

Possibly.. Thankfully I have managed to sort something so it's not so bad..

Otis

I'm deeply religious so for that reason won't be able to go.

Do think people forget the true meaning of Easter and its true spirit and forget all about the rising from the dead of the Easter Bunny and his ascension into the meadow and the offering of the hot cross bun to the congregation of the Church of the Gregg.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Stafford_SkBlue

I wonder if this is something Pressley picked up and had changed. Agree should had been done a long time ago as all the other League 1 games had done.
In the championship the split between fri and sat is about 50-50, but most clubs playing on Sat are now playing Tues not Mon.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Sorry for those it buggers about, but I couldn't go on the Saturday as the wife had booked theatre tickets without consulting the fixture list (got to be grounds for divorce), so for once it works in my favour :)

Nonleagueherewecome

This is awesome news, it's the only home game left that I couldn't get out of work for on the Saturday. Excellent, I can spend another afternoon getting wound up by people booing our players, wooot!

Hope nobody pre-booked trains from London !! (am a member of the London Supporters Club)

They already had, a month or so ago and they're non-refundable. I hadn't thankfully although I can't make it now as accepted work that day thinking we were playing on the Saturday! Its also the SBI Reunion match so hopefully some of them fly in before the Friday so they can still make the match otherwise it could be a wasted trip unless they're doing Walsall as well (I know a few were planning to do both). Why they didn't rearrange this when most other teams did, I don't know!

Users who are viewing this thread