Doncaster Fans view (1 Viewer)

Gint11

Apologies, a bit late on this.

Thought i'd carry on with my usual insight into the opposition fans view point from our games.

"Youve got to give it to Fergie .. he's got them rolling again ! Can't wait for my second trip across the channel this month for an exciting FA up weekend. Thanks Darren .!I dont mind spending money on trips to see THIS team"

"I didn't go today, which is a shame as I have been to some of our games there recently. Sounds like I missed a good one!"

"I did not go either but await the "views" of those that did re Williams disallowed goal and Yellow Card
Sounded unjust to me !"

"A great result today. Reminiscent of the 2-1 fight back win at Mansfield in 2004. The rest is history. I know I'm getting a bit lezzed up but there are plenty of reasons to be cheerful."

"I was there today. My first away game for over 12 months. I went with a Coventry-supporting friend and sat in the home bit, so had to keep quiet!

First of all, a really excellent performance. Tyson and Williams ran their socks off. Middleton was outstanding in midfield and we defended well generally. Coventry are a very dangerous side coming forward. Armstrong is far too good to be playing at this level and is a real coup for them. They do look a bit shaky in defence and we exploited that really well.

No really great goals. Their first was fortunate as a shot was blocked by Butler and fell straight to Armstrong, although he finished really well. Our equaliser came early in the second half when Coventry's keeper spilled a shot from Williams and Tyson nipped in to score.

They went back in front after a spell of pressure. The ball was half-cleared to Fleck and although his shot was a good one Stuckmann really should have turned it past the post. Then after Williams had mysteriously had a goal disallowed we levelled. Coventry gave the ball away and Williams found Tyson who scored from an angle. Near the end Tyson so nearly nicked all the points with a delightful chip which beat the keeper but hit the bar.

My mate thought a draw was a fair result. I thought we could easily have won it. The referee was extremely poor. He booked McCullough and Coppinger for nothing and I don't understand why Williams ' goal was disallowed. He forced the ball in after a mistake by the Coventry keeper and not only was the goal ruled out but Williams was booked! He may as well have turned up in a Coventry shirt."

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Their 'goal' was disallowed for handball & that's why he was booked remember one of the officials indicated just as pay restarted to one of the other Donny players.

But thought they were very well set up, especially against the way we play & fully deserved the point.

Evo1883

Well if we are being picky , their 2nd was offside despite flecks mistake ..go watch it

Specs WT-R75

Well if we are being picky , their 2nd was offside despite flecks mistake ..go watch it

Not sure I think he was being played on by the player in the bottom right (just goes out of screen on the highlights at the crucial time, but if I had to make a call I would say it looks onside).

Evo1883

Not sure I think he was being played on by the player in the bottom right (just goes out of screen on the highlights at the crucial time, but if I had to make a call I would say it looks onside).

I have a screenshot of the exact moment it hit the donny lad from flecks pass ..tyson was just infront 100%

Evo1883

But im being picky , i thought they deserved the point anyways .
Im making a reference to the ref being on our side which he wasnt

Specs WT-R75

I see what you mean... did he interfere with play prior to receiving the pass... I agree with you though - bottom line the point was deserved.

D

Deleted member 4439

If the ref hadn't given it for handball it would have been given as the very clear offside that it was.

One handball that was missed was when one of their midfielders contracted Phillips' Disease (aka hand to ball compulsion) mid-way through the second half. The ball fell to us so the Ref gave the advantage, but I was surprised it wasn't a seventh booking. I do agree that a couple of the bookings looked a little innocuous, but presumably were given for persistent foul play, which there was quite a bit of.

Our defence is still indeed shaky (have some doubts about Ricketts) but, as has been said, they came to play a TOTL side and found us giving away presents - and in that sense it was a fair point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gint11

If the ref hadn't given it for handball it would have been given as the very clear offside that it was.

One handball that was missed was when one of their midfielders contracted Phillips' Disease (aka hand to ball compulsion) mid-way through the second half. The ball fell to us so the Ref gave the advantage, but I was surprised it wasn't a seventh booking. I do agree that a couple of the bookings looked a little innocuous, but presumably were given for persistent foul play, which there was quite a bit of.

Our defence is still indeed shaky (have some doubts about Ricketts) but, as has been said, they came to play a TOTL side and found us giving away presents - and in that sense it was a fair point.

To be honest, I disagree. I can see why you think our defence was shaky but I actually think they were generally solid. It was 2 absolute freakish howlers that cost 2 goals, not dodgy defending so to speak. I can't think of many occasions where Stokes, Tina, Martin & Ricketts actually did anything wrong.

D

Deleted member 4439

Ricketts lost a ball that should have been easily his and which led directly to them winning possession for their first goal. He looks slow.

And Donny came to scoring on a number of occasions; yes we held them out bar the errors, but it wasn't wholly convincing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gint11

Ricketts lost a ball that should have been easily his and which led directly to them winning possession for their first goal. He looks slow.

And Donny came to scoring on a number of occasions; yes we held them out bar the errors, but it wasn't wholly convincing.

These lads aren't machines. They can't get it right every time they touch the ball. You've highlighted one thing that ricketts did. Even after losing the ball we still had opportunities to handle the situation. Doncaster played well and they are no mugs but if we had better weather conditions, they wouldnt have scored. Worst case result for us on how that game was looking to me, was 0-0. If we had stepped up a gear, we would have won comfortably. At 1-0 when Armstrong was through, that goes in the games over. Thats football for you.

D

Deleted member 4439

These lads aren't machines. They can't get it right every time they touch the ball. You've highlighted one thing that ricketts did. Even after losing the ball we still had opportunities to handle the situation. Doncaster played well and they are no mugs but if we had better weather conditions, they wouldnt have scored. Worst case result for us on how that game was looking to me, was 0-0. If we had stepped up a gear, we would have won comfortably. At 1-0 when Armstrong was through, that goes in the games over. Thats football for you.

I wouldn't disagree with much of that, and I'm not saying 'Ricketts out' on the basis of his showings to date, though I do think that age is catching up with him. PUSB.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I have a screenshot of the exact moment it hit the donny lad from flecks pass ..tyson was just infront 100%
What screenshot is this, if its one of the highlights video on youtube you can't see the position of Turner and Stokes in the screenshot to make a 100% call.

stupot07

What screenshot is this, if its one of the highlights video on youtube you can't see the position of Turner and Stokes in the screenshot to make a 100% call.

Yeah, martin and turner were dropping v deep all game to give RCC an option, often level with the 6 yard box just outside the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Gint11

I wouldn't disagree with much of that, and I'm not saying 'Ricketts out' on the basis of his showings to date, though I do think that age is catching up with him. PUSB.

Thats the fine line. He has bags of experience and is a leader but he's at the point where his playing days are coming to an end. If we come up against a fast winger then he may be in trouble. But, he is good enough for us at this level at this moment in time.

Shakeitup

Good work Gint. I love reading the other team's take on proceedings!

Sometimes it shows how blinded and partisan we are! (Not to be confused with PK Partizan from our sister city Belgrade!) Sometimes it shows every club has their minority of eejits too!

JimmyHillsbeard

To be honest, I disagree. I can see why you think our defence was shaky but I actually think they were generally solid. It was 2 absolute freakish howlers that cost 2 goals, not dodgy defending so to speak. I can't think of many occasions where Stokes, Tina, Martin & Ricketts actually did anything wrong.

A new nickname is born

Kingokings204

I think a draw was a fair result. Just. Donny did dominate the first half mind you that was due to us constantly losing the ball.

We made mistakes but so did their keeper for our second goal especially. They also hit the woodwork last minute to win it.

We played well in Patches and missed some good chances with Murphy and Armstrong missing.

Draw is an ok result. Kept us top and unbeaten at home. Can't win them all.

Pipehitterz

am i the only one that thought we should have wiped the floor with donny?
we played like cocky table toppers and lost another 2 vital points, think swindon and thats a cocky 4 poinrs

weve left ourselves in a position to be second in the table when we should be heading into december flying

so very disappointed after last saturday, and have genuine fears that we will fuck up an automatic slot that should be ours

i dont give a damn about previous seasons, the fact is, the league is for ours to take THIS season, and the pressure is on for a result away next sunday, lose that and burton win and win game in hand , and we're playing catch up again, the young players we have will find that harder to take and thats where the fear comes

definitely fucked up against donny, another lower table team taking points off us an its not good enough

Kingokings204

we played like cocky table toppers and lost another 2 vital points, think swindon and thats a cocky 4 poinrs

weve left ourselves in a position to be second in the table when we should be heading into december flying

so very disappointed after last saturday, and have genuine fears that we will fuck up an automatic slot that should be ours

i dont give a damn about previous seasons, the fact is, the league is for ours to take THIS season, and the pressure is on for a result away next sunday, lose that and burton win and win game in hand , and we're playing catch up again, the young players we have will find that harder to take and thats where the fear comes

definitely fucked up against donny, another lower table team taking points off us an its not good enough

I share your frustration mate but you have to look at things at face value sometimes. I don't agree with everything you said. If you always look at it like that then we wouldn't be losing any game.

Yes we only drew but we drew with Blackpool at home and southend at home also. Now we should of won those also but we didn't. We have beat Wigan millwall gillingham and Peterborough when most others lose to them so should we have just drew or lost to them?

You correctly mentioned the Swindon game where we chucked it away but then the other side of the same coin is we scored last minute against fleetwood when it should really have been a draw and gained 2 extra points.

Look I'm not having a go but you can't win every game and to quote famous pundits "when you don't win games make sure you don't lose them"

You can't win every game you play and every team will have results that they should win but don't including top 4 premier league teams. It's football. Have faith and top of the league in December is great. Enjoy it. Not ifs and buts else you will never sleep at night.

Astute

We have no right to win every game. We will not be the best side ever game. But it shows the quality and determination to have the longest undefeated run in our division.

We have now gone over a quarter of a season without losing a game yet some still moan.

skybluesam66

I am not a stokes fan to be fair
Always gives the winger first run - never stays close, which often puts us under pressure

He marks space - and space never scores

lifeskyblue

I agree with you up to a point. I thought first half we should have been out of sight.... Donny looked to set up to defend and really looked afraid of going forward. We should have pressed our advantage then but seemed to not have belief in final third. We played as if the win was ours by right and that it would come no matter what we did. Mind you the deteriorating weather made it increasingly difficult to play our fast interplay football. Second half donny realised the game was anybody's and played accordingly...more adventurous and they could have won it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specs WT-R75

...and whilst I know the weather was the same for both teams, in the second half it was a real leveller. Donny are picking up some form and they will take a few points off the teams around us.

Onward and upwards. Chin-up people!

Otis

I was quite happy on Saturday with the point. An entertaining game, we scored twice and as I had CWR while watching I knew we were still top.

The conditions were definitely a factor and contributed to 3 of the 4 goals. Doncaster I thought were quite a well organised and strong side, but when we were 1 nil up we had chances to kill the game.

The Fleck thing was really annoying, but these things do happen in football from time to time.

A point was fine as far as I was concerned and even though we were below par we still showed enough to reinforce the notion that we are capable of winning every game we play.

A draw was a fair result I feel and we are still top of the league and on an amazing unbeaten run. What more do we want?

chiefdave

We're not going to win every game so while its dissapointing not to win at least we picked up a point. The key is what response we see.

Otis

We're not going to win every game so while its dissapointing not to win at least we picked up a point. The key is what response we see.

Yep, totally agree. Instead of looking at it as 2 points lost, I look at it as yet another game unbeaten and still top of the table.

We're not going to play well every game and we're not going to win every game either. Let's take the point, keep the unbeaten run going and try and be right on our mettle for Sheff Utd. away in 2 weeks time.

smileycov

Facebook User

Why should we have wiped the floor with them? They had won 3 out of 4 coming to us, so no guarantee of success there. We are better this year and yes, i truly believe promotion is possible and will be a tad disappointed (after the season so far) if we do not get it.

But we are a Division 1 club, and play at that level. It wouldn't be madness for Doncaster to think they should be beating us!!

Users who are viewing this thread