Doncaster. A Tale of Two Cities. TLS Report (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

crutch rot and foot rot! wow dedication to the last

pusbccfc

Fucking superb.

The bit about Donny's big day out had me in stitches.

Gazolba

Good if you skip the first three paragraphs.

D

Deleted member 4439

Not only always a good read but always a good assessment of the match play and players.

Gazolba

Ah that's what makes it not just another match report - surely ;)
I don't need a preamble, don't need to know what you had for breakfast, how you got to the ground or what the weather was like.
Every match report should start either with a list of the teams or just tell me who kicked off.
Just my opinion. Others may like other things.

Orlando

I don't need a preamble, don't need to know what you had for breakfast, how you got to the ground or what the weather was like.
Every match report should start either with a list of the teams or just tell me who kicked off.
you are missing the point.These reports are about a travelling away fan of a lower league club and the quirky things he experiences on his journeys.I think they are hilarious.

Johhny Blue

So far that’s fourteen votes for 87Mint
One for the Coventry Telegraph

Last edited:

pusbccfc

I wouldn't read it if it wasn't for the social aspect of the blog.

christonabike

If thats the case just read the Telegraph. I like to read about what sort of journey the lad had and what he saw. Its not easy going to away games for many and enjoy remembering what it was like to get soaked through following the mighty SkyBlues!

SBS

Personally I love the preamble. Southend’s prematch paragraphs were hilarious!

87mint

Yeah that's completely fair enough. Luckily there is plenty to choose from these days depending on what kind of debrief you want.

rob9872

Spent a while reading through all of these from this season - enjoyable in all cases and I resonate with lots of stuff in there too from shared experiences.

Warwickhunt

the report gives an insight into the fans view from travelling the hospitality and sometimes the absoloute dickheads that follow the city and embarress themselves. i find the report a refreshing view rather than the sterile proffesional reporters self opinionated views

fernandopartridge

I like the match day experience angle.

I find it quite interesting whereas commentary on line ups, formation etc less so.

On a similar subject, I sometimes read the fans reviews on Football Ground Guide, nothing more dull than reading "I travelled by car and parked up near the ground"

Users who are viewing this thread