Doncaster a big concern? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Now unbeaten in 5.

:(

For anyone who believes we can survive this has to be a real worry surely. We only dream of a 5 game unbeaten run.

Best we have managed is 3 ......... back in August of last year. :(

Blinxs

Just have to hope we can catch Bristol City and N Forest (losing to Derby going to be a big blow for them)

wingy

Now unbeaten in 5.

:(

For anyone who believes we can survive this has to be a real worry surely. We only dream of a 5 game unbeaten run.

Best we have managed is 3 ......... back in August of last year. :(
When needs Must,Necessessity is the mother of invention,,,,;)

Otis

Let's hope so, Blinxs. Before tonight Forest had won 3 in 5. Let's hope this has brought them back down to earth.

torchomatic

I'm not botherred about anyone else, that's out of our control. We really need to pick up points on our travels now.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If we are looking for a bright side, 4 of them have been draws. Still only one win in 10 for Donny. I am slightly concerned though but we still have them to play at home, will be a must win.

Otis

What worries me the most is the last 2 draws away against West Ham in 2nd and Reading, who had just won 8 on the trot, in 3rd. :eek:

Need to be bothered about the others, Torchy. Our destiny is out of our hands and it's what others teams now do that will decide our fate.

Colonel Mustard

Let's hope so, Blinxs. Before tonight Forest had won 3 in 5. Let's hope this has brought them back down to earth.

It's still nine points in six games; that's precisely why some of us said that Forest were/are not real relegation contenders. They averaged 1.17 points-per-game in the first 17 games, then had a disastrous run of 13 games at an average of 0.38 ppg. It was just too much of a freak drop for it to continue; and now they have nine points in the last six games to show they have exited the slump.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What worries me the most is the last 2 draws away against West Ham in 2nd and Reading, who had just won 8 on the trot, in 3rd. :eek:

Need to be bothered about the others, Torchy. Our destiny is out of our hands and it's what others teams now do that will decide our fate.
Yea they are impressive results, will they be able to keep it up though?

torchomatic

Exactly, out of our hands. Lets concentrate on our own results. The others will happen whatever.

Otis

Me neither.

If it was in our hands it would be a lot less stressful. Now we are back to the not being able to get out of the bottom 3 with a win scenario.

The CableGuy

Screw what other teams are doing.

We have 10 games left and we need to win as many of them as possible. We can obsess what Donny and Forest are gonna do all we like. Won't change a damn thing.

Instead of worrying about them, City need to do their own thing and make other teams worry about us.

torchomatic

Couldn't agree more, Cable.

johnwillomagic

Hmm some of our founds are strange.....not concerned about their "fantastic" result.....did nothing for their goal difference keeps us within three points of them with better gd.....if we beat them at home and are within that range we go above them.....simples!

Also did we not also draw with Reading at home so in effect Doncaster have only replicated what we achieved in our home fixture with the Royals......we would have won as well if the Juke had not sent his penalty to Mars......best bit of business Sisu have done in a long time moving him on.....think Mowbray will drop him very soon from start xi imo.

If we really go for it at Watford honestly believe we can get something out of game have a feeling.

PUSB

rob9872

Birmingham are arguably a good side. We draw at home with them and people saying we needed 3. Donny do the same with Reading and thats bad for us too. ?????

They've drew their last two so have we. No points lost on them in that case and the fact we have these teams still to play imo means that it IS in our hands. Whether we survive who can say, but certainly far from over yet and will definitely be a few small twists to come I'm sure.

Macca

My concern is that as long as I remember we have never been a team to chase down points defecits, i.e consistantcy.

Beat Doncaster, Millwall, Bristol. Thats what its all about

Otis

Screw what other teams are doing.

We have 10 games left and we need to win as many of them as possible. We can obsess what Donny and Forest are gonna do all we like. Won't change a damn thing.

Instead of worrying about them, City need to do their own thing and make other teams worry about us.

We are not Coventry City FC. We are not the players. We are not the manager. We are the fans. I am sure the team are focused on what they need to do. Fans will of course worry and analyse and look at what the other teams are doing. It's natural and it's what fans do.

City will do their own thing I'm sure, but we are fans and I am going to be looking at other teams' fixtures and will be hoping they fail. It is not in our hands now. We need other teams to fail to survive.

dongonzalos

1 Neil Sullivan Goalkeeper
3 George Friend Defender
CHris Brown Striker
10 El-Hadji Diouf Striker
16 John Oster Midfielder
17 Giles Barnes Midfielder
19 Frederic Piquionne Striker
23 Kyle Bennett Striker
24 Mustapha Dumbuya Defender
Carl Ikeme (on loan from Wolves )
Goalkeeper 29 Rachid Bouhenna
31 Herita Ilunga
Defender 32 Damien Plessis
(on loan from Pnthnks ) Midfielder
Pascal Chimbonda Defender
41 Habib Beye Defender
47 David Button Goalkeeper
49 Mamadou Bagayoko Striker
49 Habib Bamogo Striker

Last edited:

dongonzalos

3 George Friend Defender
CHris Brown Striker
16 John Oster Midfielder
23 Kyle Bennett Striker
31 Herita Ilunga
41 Habib Beye Defender
49 Habib Bamogo Striker

How with these lot are they down there with us. When you look at their squad and Forest's and Portmouth's it just shows what task Thorn has on his hands

mark82

3 George Friend Defender
CHris Brown Striker
16 John Oster Midfielder
23 Kyle Bennett Striker
31 Herita Ilunga
41 Habib Beye Defender
49 Habib Bamogo Striker

Probably should be pushing play offs with that squad.

Grendel

How with these lot are they down there with us. When you look at their squad and Forest's and Portmouth's it just shows what task Thorn has on his hands

Doncaster have saved money by scrapping the team bus - this lot are so old they get a free bus pass.

covcity4life

Yea they are impressive results, will they be able to keep it up though?

i agree,i fear donnys recent runm,they have more momentum than any other relegation candidates

however by all accounts they could have been 3-4 down in first 30mins vs west ham so they are down here for a reason

but all these quality players they are bringing in seems to be turning the tide short term

our biggest rivals for safety now perhaps?

Brighton Sky Blue

At the moment, Doncaster are not the team we should be worrying over-3rd bottom still gets relegated. Right now, all we should be concerned about is whoever's 4th bottom-be it Bristol C, Forest, whoever. That's the team we're trying to catch; form can drop and pick up sharply out of nowhere for any team.

Otis

I'm concerned about Donaster because we need 3 teams below us.

No use catching Bristol if Donny keep picking up results as they are now.

If we don't worry about Donny then we need to focus on Forest and Bristol.

Brighton Sky Blue

If Donny become the 4th bottom side then I'll be concerned about them-it's not Bristol specifically we should be worrying over, it's whoever has that place outside the bottom 3. That was my point :)

covcity4life

wouldnt it be nice to have a season where you look forward to seeing the league table?

dont help when EVERYONE i know is a scummy glory supporter

Otis

If Donny become the 4th bottom side then I'll be concerned about them-it's not Bristol specifically we should be worrying over, it's whoever has that place outside the bottom 3. That was my point :)

Right, with you.

I honestly think we need Donny to fail, cos i can't see us catching both Bristol and Forest.

CovLis86

More than anything, it proves ANY team can hit a hot streak and start pulling themselves up the table - perhaps we are just waiting to do it last? That suits me.

Users who are viewing this thread