Does anyone still believe we're going up? (1 Viewer)

oucho

Think it's looking like a huge ask now (not that it wasn't before!). Before tonight I thought we had a fighting chance.

Whilst I'm still hopeful the circumstances will give us a way in, it's only a glimmer of hope at this point.

Anyone still think we're gonna get promoted???

Anyone?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Absolutely not! Haven't felt like that for a couple of months! Colchester, 2nd from bottom, beat the mighty Coventry City at the Ricoh! Jeez! It's embarrassing!

Otis

Think it's looking like a huge ask now (not that it wasn't before!). Before tonight I thought we had a fighting chance.

Whilst I'm still hopeful the circumstances will give us a way in, it's only a glimmer of hope at this point.

Anyone?
If we win our last 7 games. It's absolutely doable.

You plonker

You have to be s---ing me!! We are back where we belong--laughing stocks.

Anyone?

skybluepm2

Even the most optimistic of fans must now realise that there isn't a cat in hells chance of this happening

Otis

No and people have said it for months
Indeed we have. The trend has been downwards for months now and with no sign of it abating.

Struggle to understand why some remained so optimistic. We were a busted flush some time back.

skyblue1991

Indeed we have. The trend has been downwards for months now and with no sign of it abating.

Struggle to understand why some remained so optimistic. We were a busted flush some time back.

I think for me it was hope that we would finally turn a corner. After tonight that has put the nail in the coffin for me.

Would you still stick with TM?

Hobo

Last three games have really put the idea to bed. Reality is to get out of a bad run you sometimes get improved performances for two or three games before the results come. We have shown nothing really since Christmas.

no_loyalty

We need to win all of our games in April, can't see us winning one

skyblue025

No chance we can go up so we will probably win the next 2 games to get everyone revved up again then lose the last 5. As they say "It's the hope that kills you"

Otis

Wouldn't at all be surprised if Gillingham turn the tables on us and put us to the sword.

Now TM has accepted we are not going up or making the play-offs, the players now have very little incentive and the holiday beaches beckon.

Exactly the type of team Gillingham want to be playing at the moment. Those with nothing to play for.

That boat has sailed away some time ago. I really thought we were going places this season and there is no way we can win all our remaining games.

A very disappointing end to a great start. Great reality check for us all and continued misery for Cov fans resumes.

joemercersaces

Be interesting to see a breakdown of contributors level of optimism by age range! I may be being a tad hasty here but I'd be surprised if many of the old school have any hope left.

chiefdave

Be interesting to see a breakdown of contributors level of optimism by age range! I may be being a tad hasty here but I'd be surprised if many of the old school have any hope left.

For years I'd start every season thinking 'this will be our year'. That changed the year we got relegated from the Championship, you could see at the start of the season it was going to be a struggle and my confidence has never recovered from then.

Did get a bit optimistic when we went top but should have known better.

Users who are viewing this thread