Dodgy ref (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

Got nothing last night! The more the crowd got on his back, the more he pushed back on things.

Walsh was pulled over around the neck which is even a red card in rugby! Ref didn't even dish a yellow. Madness

Rotherham were very aggresive and lucky to finish with 11 men, while we were given some soft yellows.

Hope this doesn't cost us

Nick

Administrator
He was awful, he lost control of the game a few times. The lino overruled him on things and he was miles behind the game a couple of times when we counter attacked.

O Hare got booked because the ref missed a couple of fouls in the leadup.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Honestly didn't think he was that bad. A few decisions here and there went for/against us but we have a habit of saying the ref is shit after every game and it's pretty boring. They were a tough and physical side but they weren't particularly dirty. They were stronger, taller and more powerful so most times we were muscled off the ball people were getting upset, and the few times our players (mainly Dabo) did it, the crowd loved it and weren't calling for FKs.

harvey098

People often moan about refs on here and I always think they’re just seeing it through biased eyes but last night was the worst I’ve seen this season. Strange decisions both ways and clearly not fit enough.

Londonccfcfan

Got nothing last night! The more the crowd got on his back, the more he pushed back on things.

Walsh was pulled over around the neck which is even a red card in rugby! Ref didn't even dish a yellow. Madness

Rotherham were very aggresive and lucky to finish with 11 men, while we were given some soft yellows.

Tbf he gave us some baffling decisions too. Eg how he didnt book Hyam for blatant pull back when their man on wing went past him?
Completely lost the plot from first minute to the last.

He seemed more relieved than the fans when he blew the final whistle.

Londonccfcfan

Well you dont see Robins ranting and raving to much about decisions during the game compared to other managers. But yesterday Robins wasnt happy clearly.

Magwitch

[QUOTE

Hope this doesn't cost us[/QUOTE]
Thought we only had one yellow, O’Hare, were there others ?

Nick

Administrator
There was one handball he missed that was fairly blatant and they did it again about 5 minutes later and our whole bench and Robins were going ape shit about it.

The issue was that the ref couldn't keep up with play so was missing so much.

skybluesam66

I dont think there were any "Big" decisions that were wrong - it was just his overall control of the game
If you were the goons sitting in the central block of the main stand however, threatening the linesman continuously - Grow up - Disagree with a decision for sure, but the behaviour of some was unbelievable!!

David O'Day

I dont think there were any "Big" decisions that were wrong - it was just his overall control of the game
If you were the goons sitting in the central block of the main stand however, threatening the linesman continuously - Grow up - Disagree with a decision for sure, but the behaviour of some was unbelievable!!

Fuck off to the rugby mate

kg82

He missed a lot, but I don’t think it was the worst I’ve seen this season. The one at Shrewsbury was awful.

The one on Walsh was just a pull back. We got the free kick, Walsh got up and got on with it. That’s the way it should be.
Out of the pen shouts, I’d say only the one with O’Hare getting pulled back was a legitimate shout. The trip on him in the box in the 2nd half the defender got a toe to the ball first. Good challenge.

OffenhamSkyBlue

[QUOTE

Thought we only had one yellow, O’Hare, were there others ?[/QUOTE]
Dabo got booked with about 15 to go (IIRC) for a fantastically-timed, technically great (but hard) tackle. Awful decision to book him just because the geezer fell over due to the force of the challenge. Shame you can't appeal yellows.
The ref's positioning was awful. When we had the free kick 25 yards out in added time, he was standing BEHIND our players rather than on the edge of the box where he could have seen the amount of tugging that was going on. As for that trip on O'Hare (i think) in the D which he gave as a throw-in ...
And he needs to read the rules on foul throws (as does their RB)!
Pity we couldn't have tested their keeper a bit more, or get one of those final two on target, but it felt like a point gained rather than two lost. Great second half performance!

skybluesam66

Fuck off to the rugby mate
if you were there and agree with how they were, then you are a complete TWAT as the whole of the central block will confirm
if you were not, then try not to be clever and comment on something you did not witness - it was totally embarassing
If it was actually you - then you sir should Fuck off and grow up

David O'Day

if you were there and agree with how they were, then you are a complete TWAT as the whole of the central block will confirm
if you were not, then try not to be clever and comment on something you did not witness - it was totally embarassing
If it was actually you - then you sir should Fuck off and grow up

I was in B28 mate, people caledl a shit lino a shit lino. How can the whole central block confirm anything? You've just said there were people with differing views?

Now back to rugby with you Tarquin, Footies is far too red blooded for you

Magwitch

Missed the Dabo one, think that puts him one booking away from a two match suspension, be a bit awkward without him.

skybluesam66

I was in B28 mate, people caledl a shit lino a shit lino. How can the whole central block confirm anything? You've just said there were people with differing views?

Now back to rugby with you Tarquin, Footies is far too red blooded for you
Half term again - out they come
It was not calling a shit lino, a shit lino - it was being on their feet for the whole of the 2nd half, ignoring the game and threatening the linesman throughout for everything, wherever on the pitch it was
no, nothing about red blooded, just complete twat fans - It sounds like you belong with them. As said before if that was you (sounds like you are trying to defend them a little too much) then it is you who is a complete TWAT. If that make me a rugby fan (ive been to 2 games in my life, and probably 1000 + city games) then that is fine.

If I am just better educated than you , then I accept that we cant all be educated and decent, and then you have my respect for trying to defend yourself
If you just have Tourettes - then apologies and hope you are able to find treatment
If you are just a TWAT -then never mind, you will probably always be one

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

According to SofaScore & BBC, Dabo wasn't booked. If you were talking about the slide in the near corner of the penalty box, pretty certain he didn't get booked for that.

David O'Day

Half term again - out they come
It was not calling a shit lino, a shit lino - it was being on their feet for the whole of the 2nd half, ignoring the game and threatening the linesman throughout for everything, wherever on the pitch it was
no, nothing about red blooded, just complete twat fans - It sounds like you belong with them. As said before if that was you (sounds like you are trying to defend them a little too much) then it is you who is a complete TWAT. If that make me a rugby fan (ive been to 2 games in my life, and probably 1000 + city games) then that is fine.

If I am just better educated than you , then I accept that we cant all be educated and decent, and then you have my respect for trying to defend yourself
If you just have Tourettes - then apologies and hope you are able to find treatment
If you are just a TWAT -then never mind, you will probably always be one

No was on their feet the whole game shouting at the linos so why lie.

You are not better educated than me fella, unless you have a degree and a msters from a Russell Group uni.

Do people bully you? Say hello next time you are at the game mate i'll laugh in your face.

Back to the rugby Rupert

Liquid Gold

The handball that he didn't give just before half time was baffling, some constant niggly fouls that he didn't give, shirt pulling all over the place, identical fouls one is a free kick another is play on, bottled penalty decisions, bottled cards, gave free kicks when the ball was clearly won.

A big bug bear of mine though was foul throws, almost all of Rotherhams were nearly chest height, why do refs let them get away with it?

The lino was useless too. I was in line with him for our attacks first half and he flagged for anybody in the box if they went for the ball or not, just gave offside for inactive men, didn't understand the rule at all or couldn't see what was going on.

Irish Sky Blue

Honestly didn't think he was that bad. A few decisions here and there went for/against us but we have a habit of saying the ref is shit after every game and it's pretty boring. They were a tough and physical side but they weren't particularly dirty. They were stronger, taller and more powerful so most times we were muscled off the ball people were getting upset, and the few times our players (mainly Dabo) did it, the crowd loved it and weren't calling for FKs.
I thought the ref did miss quite a lot last night but what a thankless task. I thought both sets of players were constantly moaning at him and the crowd on his back too. Not a job I would do.
He certainly didn’t help himself by letting the first two Rotherham players taking throw ins on the Kop Stand side steal yards but then order McCallum back the first time he took one. Also, are foul throws a think of the past as there were a few of them last night I thought but not given?

David O'Day

Rupert - Question for you.

If as you have stated there were people in the "central block" abusing the lino then how as you have already stated will the "whole" block agree with you. By the very nature of your first statement the "whole" block can't agree with you?

Educated? Yeah to year 9 level

rob9872

Rupert - Question for you.

If as you have stated there were people in the "central block" abusing the lino then how as you have already stated will the "whole" block agree with you. By the very nature of your first statement the "whole" block can't agree with you?

Educated? Yeah to year 9 level
Tbf you've missed his point. Educated was one of the options, the other two were Tourettes and twat. Odd that you've defended the Education, but not the other two. So which is it?

smileycov

Facebook User
Sorry bud, completely disagree. Occasion was too much for him. they knew how to play him. I thought the foul on O'hare was a very strong penalty shout. Should have booked plenty of them but seemed scared and overawed (they were giants)

David O'Day

Tbf you've missed his point. Educated was one of the options, the other two were Tourettes and twat. Odd that you've defended the Education, but not the other two. So which is it?

Missed the point? Look it's Moz's little helper trying to front up.

If I had tourettes what would be the problem? If you think it is ok to mock people with disabilities then you have now place here or in society. Twats can smell their own so if you are not sure if I am one then it shows that I can't be.

Nick ban him for thinking it's okay to mock people with disabilities,

smileycov

Facebook User
No was on their feet the whole game shouting at the linos so why lie.

You are not better educated than me fella, unless you have a degree and a msters from a Russell Group uni.

Do people bully you? Say hello next time you are at the game mate i'll laugh in your face.

Back to the rugby Rupert
Lino needs to learn the offside rule, he flagged if we got to the ball first, irrelevant of when ball was played. He was appalling.

Nick

Administrator
Lino needs to learn the offside rule, he flagged if we got to the ball first, irrelevant of when ball was played. He was appalling.

I think he flagged in the second half for Biamou even though Biamou had run from behind their player.

Then there was that throw in where Dabo kicked it off their player, ref gave us the throw but lino panicked and gave it to them.

Users who are viewing this thread