do the club really want to get a big crowd? (plymouth offer) (1 Viewer)

do the club really want to get a big crowd?

today i e-mailed into brollys show and at end of my e-mail i put for the stay away fans to take advantage of the plymouth offer...

there was a load of texts and calls in where no one had even heard about it and i had to text in letting them know what it was... how many extra bums on seats would that get knowing what a deal they would get.

Coventry City will be holding a 'Family Fun Day' for the home game against Plymouth Argyle on March 29.

Sky Blues supporters can purchase a family ticket, consisting of two adult and two child stand tickets, for the special price of £30 - which includes admission into the Ricoh Arena's Jaguar Exhibition Hall before the match.

On purchasing your family ticket, you will also be offered the opportunity to buy a special 'Meal Deal' voucher for the exclusive price of £10, which allows you to purchase four pies, two beers and two coca colas.

all that for £30 - well if you payed on gate for two adults and two children it would cost £72 so in all you save £42 straight away and its worth it even if you dont take two kids and just have it for two adults!!!

utter madness that this has not been publicised at all other than on website!!!

skyblue_goddess

It's bizarre to think that they've come up with a great idea to get more people into the ground and then not marketed it properly? Maybe it was in the telegraph but I don't remember seeing it, and wouldn't have had a clue it was going on if I didn't go on to the website :roll:

kingchillout

The club should stop fiddling about, and just lower the ticket prices full stop.

They obviously realise that doing a cheaper deal on tickets gets a bigger crowd, so why don't they do it all the time ?

The answer to your question is...No, the club do not want to fill the Ricoh.
They would be happy with a ground where only 100 fans went to a game, but were charged £250,000 per ticket.

D

Deleted member 58

I had an email about it - and most fans I know have - seems a bit of a non-story to me

i get regular e-mails from club but not seen anything. only saw it because of looking for away ticket news and it was in the general ticket bit.

also i got sky blues news through post and there was nothing in that about it

Nick

Administrator
I did read it but cant remember where, think it may have been a forum or something! Was not in the press or anything.

Nick

Administrator
I think for the important games they should drop the prices to fill the ground out :) The more people they have in the ground, the more will get put on the cards and the more spent on food!

kingchillout

I've argued that ticket prices need to be slashed endlessly on other forums. Not just at City, but at all football clubs.

Can you imagine going to the cinema and standing at the ticket window, asking for two adult tickets to see Lord of the Rings, and being asked for £50 !!!!!

Football is killing off it's fanbase.
It's in danger of not being the game of the people, because the people can no longer afford to go.

saracenfan

the rest are the ones that could of got in but couldnt get tickets i do believe thats a problem your lot will never have,who mentioned 35000 gonna be in the stadium not me i just said there was gonna be 35000 there for the rugby,read what is written before jumping in bambi dear.

valefan23

kingchillout said:
under 19,000 with a half-arsed ticket promotion.

Just lower the fucking ticket prices you stupid cunts.

We have an offer at the moment for Season Tickets.

If we sell 5,000 then the Price is £180 but if we don't it goes back to around £350 or something stupid.

A club like Cov, Should say if we get 20,000 pledges we will cut the price of a season ticket ;)

Bradford City started it, An they got like 12,000 a game last season in the 4th Division, Well done Bradford for making the effort and making the stand against the high princes of Football!!

Users who are viewing this thread