Disputes Resolution - what does it mean (1 Viewer)

Kilclines curly mullet

Apologies if this has been uncovered elsewhere.

Referring to Boddy mentioning that we have activated the disputes resolution - does anyone know what this means in simple English ?

My limited understanding is that an independent person / organisation may review our tenancy agreement and if Wasps have not upheld their part of the contract they will find in our favour

If this does happen does that mean that they can force Wasps into action ? But how is this possible if Wasps have no money ?

A lot of if’s and but’s I appreciate but can anyone shed some light ?

Colin Steins Smile

I read the invoking of the mediation process to cover CCFC when they go to court for financial redress.
If the club had not used the correct process before litigation then it wouldn’t have helped any claim for damages.

Robinshio

in this case it will just speed up Wasps either going bust or restructuring - there will be no impact on us getting back to the CBS

skybluetony176

Numerous companies I’ve worked for have used mediation to settle debt owed to avoid court. I can only assume that the club believe Wasps have broke the terms of the rental agreement and financial recompense is due, wasp’s dispute that so the club has offered mediation for compensation rather than go to court.

AFCCOVENTRY

With dispute resolution it does need all parties to agree to come to the table with a 3rd party mediator. Wasps might say no. Depends how the contract has been crafted which we signed if there is an automatic move to ADR.

It’s also a much cheaper option that slogging it out in court.

Nick

Administrator
Ironic if it's Andy Street who will probably bail them out claiming it's saving ccfc too.

shepardo01

Ironic if it's Andy Street who will probably bail them out claiming it's saving ccfc too.
Part of me has been wondering if this is part of their plan to soften the blow/give more clout to gaining the financial support......
The other part of me is just hoping that they are a actually stone broke and there is nothing more than just that behind it all.

long way home

We have had 7 years of blame and accusations, got us nowhere. Get the pitch sorted let the fans and players do what they do best. And let all those in positions of power fight, lie, cheat and steal whatever they think makes them blameless. The day they pack up and leave will be a great day for our city and club.

Our fans deserve so much better then Wasps, Sisu and Councils to determine our future.

Last edited:

sotvtoday

We have 7 years of blame and accusations, got us nowhere. Get the pitch sorted let the fans and players do what they do best. And let all those in positions of power fight, lie, cheat and steal whatever they think makes them blameless. The day they pack up and leave will be a great day for our city and club.

Our fans deserve so much better then Wasps, Sisu and Councils to determine our future.
Forgive me if I've mis-remembered the past, but isn't the reason we're in this position because we had to go cap in hand to the council because we couldn't afford to finish the stadium? If that hadn't happened then the council would have had no ability to influence things.

clint van damme

Part of me has been wondering if this is part of their plan to soften the blow/give more clout to gaining the financial support......
The other part of me is just hoping that they are a actually stone broke and there is nothing more than just that behind it all.

That's an interesting theory. Get that and enable refinancing.

NorthernWisdom

We're doing what?
Pushing for such meditation to prevent £13 mil just being handed out, and shine a light on the specific needs of the ground rather than wants.

And of course, deliberately letting it get to this stage so the doubt of court action prevents refinancing.

All conspiracy of course, but history suggests believing either side and considering them whiter than white is probably the naive option. Best to consider them all duplicitous shits who'd sell their grandmother for a packet of fags.

iflynno

Surely at the moment the ADR and mediation by Andy Street is just Regards the pitch and getting that issue sorted.

Any financial recompense can come via court or other mediation proceedings later.

MalcSB

It is very straightforward. The contract will have a section describing in detail a process to follow to resolve any disputese such as failure by either party to deliver what is specified in the contract, e.g be that provision of services or failure to pay for this services. It sounds like that section invokes appointment of an independent third party to chair that process, that third party could be explicitly specified or subject to agreement. Normally the outcome of the dispute resolution process would be expected to be followed, if not recourse to legal process would be the only route to follow. It would be unwise to ”go legal” without having followed the dispute resolution process. Hopefully there are timescales for the dispute resolution process to adhere to.

i can’t believe the conspiracy theorists. We haven’t damaged the pitch, Wasps gave assurances at the outset, has to be some reference to pitch quality and primacy in the lease as they are EFL requirements of such an agreement which they have to approve.

is the involvement of Andy Street in this process fact, rumour or CT clickbait. 5 things we learnt about Andy Street.

shepardo01

is the involvement of Andy Street in this process fact, rumour or CT clickbait. 5 things we learnt about Andy Street.
I'd say the involvement of Andy Street is the Telegraph seeing the word "resolution" and "3rd party", and getting the wrong end of the stick about what it actually is, then going back to the supposed "3rd party mediation" from Andy Street during return negotiations....

AFCCOVENTRY

the rest of the article seems to be taken from Boddys interview on CWR and he didn’t mention Andy Street

Nobody has specifically said Andy Street. There is a presumption that both parties trust him as they worked with him before.

Problem is how long this process might take. It needs to happen tomorrow. Everyday lost in this process means we are further away from playing at home.

long way home

Forgive me if I've mis-remembered the past, but isn't the reason we're in this position because we had to go cap in hand to the council because we couldn't afford to finish the stadium? If that hadn't happened then the council would have had no ability to influence things.

Again all parties involved at some point have made very poor decisions, which has effected fans, players and club. You can defend or criticize all of them all at some point of this situation. All have played a part, all have been at one point or another jumped into who's got the biggest dick contest.

I don't care who you or anyone blames, defends or tries to find reason with. The fans are being screwed and at some point by all included. We all just want a home in our city to watch our team play. The parties are largely ignored and not respected anyway by most, so who wins in court, media or in a boardroom is not in our power to effect or concern now. Playing games is a concern and will effect the fans and players the most.

Last edited:

sotvtoday

Again all parties involved at some point have made very poor decisions, which has effected fans, players and club. You can defend or criticize any of them all at any point of this situation. But what you cant say is none of them have done the wrong. All have played a part, all have been at one point or another got into who's got the biggest dick contest.

I dont care who you or anyone blames, defends or tries to find reason with. The fans are being screwed and at some point by all included. We all just want a home in our city to watch our team The parties are largely ignored and not respected , so who wins in court, media or in a boardroom is not in our power or concern now. Playing games is.
I'm not trying to blame anyone really. Just pointing out that it was the club's action (because they were broke) all those years ago that meant things were no longer under our own control. After that, all the other eventual parties were inevitably in it for their own interests.

chiefdave

Problem is how long this process might take. It needs to happen tomorrow. Everyday lost in this process means we are further away from playing at home.
Exactly. There's potentially two parts to this, the first is sorting the pitch, the second is compensation.

Given multiple independent people have now looked at the pitch and said it is dangerous then surely for Street, or whoever it ends up being, that's fairly straightforward. Wasps need to give a clear plan with timescales. Now if that is patch it up and, as Boddy suggested, doing that will just push the problems back to the winter then there's potentially a decision to make if Wasps plan is good enough. But one ay or another we need to know what is being done and when.

The second part will be compensation, as a starting point you're looking at no rent for the period the ground was not fit for purpose and loss of earnings for the games that are moved from a Saturday to midweek. Not unreasonable to expect a bit of compensation for the inconvenience as well.

Not really sure what angle Wasps can come at this from that would remove themselves from any liability.

Grendel

Exactly. There's potentially two parts to this, the first is sorting the pitch, the second is compensation.

Given multiple independent people have now looked at the pitch and said it is dangerous then surely for Street, or whoever it ends up being, that's fairly straightforward. Wasps need to give a clear plan with timescales. Now if that is patch it up and, as Boddy suggested, doing that will just push the problems back to the winter then there's potentially a decision to make if Wasps plan is good enough. But one ay or another we need to know what is being done and when.

The second part will be compensation, as a starting point you're looking at no rent for the period the ground was not fit for purpose and loss of earnings for the games that are moved from a Saturday to midweek. Not unreasonable to expect a bit of compensation for the inconvenience as well.

Not really sure what angle Wasps can come at this from that would remove themselves from any liability.

They will just refuse to pay I’d guess

slowpoke

I understand what you are saying regards Andy Street but with the EFL involved and deciding when the pitch is fit or not and Street involved politically of takes the heat off us hopefully.

I have mentioned this on another post but in mid October there is a World Cup Rugby League game due to be played at the CBS our landlord will want the pitch in tip top position by then, counting from the Wigan match that’s seven home games before that fixture.

fatso

A critical thing for wasps is that an independent agronomist has declared the pitch unsafe for OFFICiALS …. So there is no way it’s safe for Rugby!
Rugby players, being the brain damaged neanderthals that they are, wouldn't give a monkeys toss about the pitch.

They are just a bunch of fat fucks who push and shove each other all over the place for 80 minutes, and every time they get their hands on the ball they kick it out of play.

You don't really need a pitch to play rugby.

And how the fuck can a pitch be deemed too dangerous for Rugby, when there's so many players retiring from the game with early onset dementia. It sure as he'll wasnt the pitch that caused it!!!

And let's not forget, the fuckin ball is made a funny shape, precisely so it won't run and bounce true!!!

CDK

We have had 7 years of blame and accusations, got us nowhere. Get the pitch sorted let the fans and players do what they do best. And let all those in positions of power fight, lie, cheat and steal whatever they think makes them blameless. The day they pack up and leave will be a great day for our city and club.

LWH that is so right record numbers have bought a S/T and everyone is fucked the fans Robins and the players.the club will stop people buying in future because they can't be trusted to make sure the games are on as the club can't take people's money and this happen . ultimately is the fans again that suffer the most.

robbiekeane

I just can’t believe we’re talking about all this shit again

Thoroughly let down by these two London based cunts who should have nothing to do with our club or our stadium

tskezz

Rugby players, being the brain damaged neanderthals that they are, wouldn't give a monkeys toss about the pitch.

They are just a bunch of fat fucks who push and shove each other all over the place for 80 minutes, and every time they get their hands on the ball they kick it out of play.

You don't really need a pitch to play rugby.

And how the fuck can a pitch be deemed too dangerous for Rugby, when there's so many players retiring from the game with early onset dementia. It sure as he'll wasnt the pitch that caused it!!!

And let's not forget, the fuckin ball is made a funny shape, precisely so it won't run and bounce true!!!
Perfect summary tbh

Users who are viewing this thread