Discipline (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’ve had time to get over that gutwrencher last night, and started to think of our discipline.

We’ve played 10 league games and 2 cup games.

In those 12 games we’ve given 5 penalties away and had 3 red cards. That by any standard is putting us at a disadvantage in an already tough situation.

Why does the squad seem so naive

Briles

I’ve had time to get over that gutwrencher last night, and started to think of our discipline.

We’ve played 10 league games and 2 cup games.

In those 12 games we’ve given 5 penalties away and had 3 red cards. That by any standard is putting us at a disadvantage in an already tough situation.

Why does the squad seem so naive

We Lack pace its as simple as that. Teams are a yard sharper in this league so we are always late to tackles that in league one we would have won.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Problem I have is that most seem avoidable. Drysdale was unfortunate as a red, can’t quite remember the QPR pen

Rose - silly pushes against Gillingham and Blackburn.

Hamer - what the hell was that slap

Mcfadz - silly push last night

I mean we talk about faster pace league, but 2 of them were against MK Dons and Gillingham

Legia Sky Blue

Problem I have is that most seem avoidable. Drysdale was unfortunate as a red, can’t quite remember the QPR pen

Rose - silly pushes against Gillingham and Blackburn.

Hamer - what the hell was that slap

Mcfadz - silly push last night

I mean we talk about faster pace league, but 2 of them were against MK Dons and Gillingham

The QPR pen was McFadzean unnecessarily diving in recklessly on their player towards the side of the penalty area.

Hamer has also twice had to be taken off to save him being sent off. We still won anyway against Reading but against Bristol City it definitely helped lead to them taking back control of midfield towards the end of the game.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The QPR pen was McFadzean unnecessarily diving in recklessly on their player towards the side of the penalty area.

Hamer has also twice had to be taken off to save him being sent off. We still won anyway against Reading but against Bristol City it definitely helped lead to them taking back control of midfield towards the end of the game.
Thought so on the pen. But yeah - Hamer included aswell. We appear to be so naive

lord_garrincha

You mention discipline as an issue.

I have moaned at our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot this season, which includes discipline.

The question is can either be easily solved on the training ground... Or are both a combination of the fact we are up against better players and we are not quite up to this level... Hopefully it can be solved.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

You mention discipline as an issue.

I have moaned at our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot this season, which includes discipline.

The question is can either be easily solved on the training ground... Or are both a combination of the fact we are up against better players and we are not quite up to this level... Hopefully it can be solved.
It’s a good question. But I don’t agree with up against better player arguments. Wycombe don’t have the same issues, and 2 pens and a sending off were against MK Dons and Gillingham (worryingly - Rose didn’t learn from that mistake)

Skyblueweeman

We Lack pace its as simple as that. Teams are a yard sharper in this league so we are always late to tackles that in league one we would have won.

Agree that teams are a yard sharper. Still think that the few months off we had compared with 21 other teams is having an impact although after 10 games, I would've hoped it would be less of an issue by now.

Injuries definitely having helped.

But we've got from world (Reading) beaters to Samaritans in the space of a week. Its going to be like this for the season but I do agree, discipline needs to improve.

stevefloyd

Mistakes are punished more in this league because there are better strikers/midfielders unfortunately we are not taking advantage of oppositions mistakes because we are not sharp enough/good enough sadly

Users who are viewing this thread